Birthday celebration

h-sar

The day we board for a multi generational Christmas Sky princess cruise, will be my brother‘s 51st birthday. Would like any suggestions for how to commemorate this occasion over the week as we are all rarely together in one place for one of our birthdays. I plan on hitting a Fort Lauderdale  Dollar Tree for some birthday decorations for the cabin and the door as we will have a car for our pre-cruise day. Of course, will use tape that will not damage walls. I am hoping to get into his cabin, with his wife’s help, before he does. Any other suggestions for how we can celebrate during the cruise? Not really interested in purchasing a birthday celebration package from Princess. Thank you for your suggestions.

Agree, specialty restaurant on boarding day, or any other day. Just call the dining line once on board. If you have coupon books, check with your T.A., they probably will contain a specialty dining BOGO offer for boarding day.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 9:31 AM, h-sar said:

The day we board for a multi generational Christmas Sky princess cruise, will be my brother‘s 51st birthday. Would like any suggestions for how to commemorate this occasion over the week as we are all rarely together in one place for one of our birthdays. I plan on hitting a Fort Lauderdale  Dollar Tree for some birthday decorations for the cabin and the door as we will have a car for our pre-cruise day. Of course, will use tape that will not damage walls. I am hoping to get into his cabin, with his wife’s help, before he does. Any other suggestions for how we can celebrate during the cruise? Not really interested in purchasing a birthday celebration package from Princess. Thank you for your suggestions.

You can buy something called poster putty at the Dollar Tree that is easier than tape.  It sticks to anything and comes right off!  

I also think hunk you can order a cake without the ‘celebration package’. 

If you are close to his cabin, you could hang little treats on his door each day in a gift bag.  My mom did this for us once and it was so fun to see what we would get- candy bar, coke, notepad, etc.

I have seen people stick one of metallic balloons on the cabin door. I used window clings to decorate our cabin for Christmas, perhaps you can find birthday stuff, too. You can use magnets inside the cabin as the walls are metal. What fun! I think a group birthday picture would be a wonderful gift. I did this for our birthday girls on the last cruise and passed it around so everyone could sign the back. 

1 hour ago, CynCyn said:

You can buy something called poster putty at the Dollar Tree that is easier than tape.  It sticks to anything and comes right off!  

I also think hunk you can order a cake without the ‘celebration package’. 

If you are close to his cabin, you could hang little treats on his door each day in a gift bag.  My mom did this for us once and it was so fun to see what we would get- candy bar, coke, notepad, etc.

Love the idea of the treats. Could be his version of the advent calendar for birthdays 😁

1 hour ago, CynCyn said:

I also think you can order a cake without the ‘celebration package’. 

Or just go to the buffet and load up with an assortment of mini-cakes. They're "free".

If you are close to his cabin, you could hang little treats on his door each day in a gift bag.  My mom did this for us once and it was so fun to see what we would get- candy bar, coke, notepad, etc. I like that idea, very creative.

See above.

The walls and door are all made of steel so magnets work great.  Small magnets can be fastened to any material making it easy to put on a door or wall.  Princess will give the birthday boy/girl a small cake if they are alerted to the occasion on the evening selected in the MDR.  I like the idea of the daily door bag.  

I also suggest going to a specialty restaurant, either Crown Grill or the Sabattini's will do. MAke sure the Maitre'D knows and you ask for a special cake to be  made. During the course of the dinner, staff will come around with the cake and sing Happy Birthday to your brother, among everyone else in the restaurant.

20 hours ago, Ombud said:

Princess provides birthday celebration decorations for free. Just add to the cruise personalizer 

The decoration is just a sign on the outside of the cabin door.

They used to also have a couple of balloons saying "celebration" but word is they are eliminating the balloons to "help save the environment."

5 hours ago, caribill said:

The decoration is just a sign on the outside of the cabin door.

They used to also have a couple of balloons saying "celebration" but word is they are eliminating the balloons to "help save the environment."

Yep. The only way to have balloons for your door decorations any more is to bring your own. 

On 10/27/2019 at 12:42 PM, h-sar said:

He’s definitely a steak lover, so CG would be ideal.

Let Princess know you are celebrating a special day, I got a 25$  birthday gift  certificate under my door, a beautiful birthday cake  at supper, and just a wonderful day. I now have a lovely  PC hoodie from the boutiqe . Take advantage of all your free b's.  😎Have fun!   This was on the 14 day Carribean Princess in June of this year.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, liamur14 said:

Let Princess know you are celebrating a special day, I got a 25$  birthday gift  certificate under my door, a beautiful birthday cake  at supper, and just a wonderful day.

That would be nice if they really did give you $25 OBC. :classic_wink:

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Was it really $25 OBC or did you have to spend additional $$ to receive it? 

MISS PP2,

Yes it was a voucher for 25$ to spend as I chose on the cruise.  NO strings attached!  Not sure I can be any clearer on this, I guess I was the lucky one. LOL😎😎 I do have a foto in the archives. 

7 hours ago, liamur14 said:

MISS PP2,

Yes it was a voucher for 25$ to spend as I chose on the cruise.  NO strings attached!  Not sure I can be any clearer on this, I guess I was the lucky one. LOL😎😎 I do have a foto in the archives. 

Now that's a true gift. Most times they want people to spend $$$ in order to take advantage of it.

Enjoy. 

Be careful with the dollar store window clings. They can stain the walls and doors. Our neighbors across the hall this fall had them up for a couple of days before removing them. Here's a photo of the marks they left.

20190926_131609.jpg