2020 President cruise, Allure October 25th

John&LaLa

Excuse my ignorance - we booked this back in june.

What's a Presidents cruise? I understand it's where 1 or 2 of the rci presidents are on but does that make a big difference to trying to get seats in places or is it q and a events? 

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

The original notification was this

20191104_102924.thumb.jpg.8b84bb90cfd6386cc046e079c74e619d.jpg

Then they said oops🤣🤣

The oops got me....  this date was better for those that don’t care for a packed SL/CK. 

Sounds like they are making an effort to correct. The 10/25 cruise prior to the TA will have high upper tier numbers as compared to the 9/13 first announced date.  

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

Years ago would change almost every yr, one in Europe, next Caribbean, another in Med. Think they had 2 Presidents Cruises a yr back in 90's. This when Crown and Anchor members would get quarterly coupons for $50-$450 off a cabin Depending on Status and hard to fill Cruises

1 hour ago, hummy0605 said:

What's a Presidents cruise? I understand it's where 1 or 2 of the rci presidents are on but does that make a big difference to trying to get seats in places or is it q and a events? 

We are also on that cruise as well as the following TA. Ship will be overrun with D, D+ and Pinnacles. Specialty restaurants will be  heavily booked before anyone with a package can make reservations. Make sure you book all your shows the week bookings open.  We are Diamond and all I can say is.. bummer..  Only bright side is you got a great price on your cabin, prices will climb as sailing gets closer.  sea you onboard.  

• Like 1

It is the half term week for most of the uk. We got a central park balcony (extended one) for £670 each incl tips. Just need to sort flights out. We don't tend to do speciality dining so that won't make a difference to us but will make sure and book the shows - that's 90 days out isn't?

6 hours ago, hummy0605 said:

It will be a zoo, but so will the TA

5 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

We are also on that cruise as well as the following TA. Ship will be overrun with D, D+ and Pinnacles. Specialty restaurants will be  heavily booked before anyone with a package can make reservations. Make sure you book all your shows the week bookings open.  We are Diamond and all I can say is.. bummer..  Only bright side is you got a great price on your cabin, prices will climb as sailing gets closer.  sea you onboard.  

Michael Bayley also announced that they will be changing the function of the UDP so that you can make reservations pre-cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It can’t possibly have as many upper tiers on than Symphony now???

I'll bet it's close. Luckily airfare isnt open yet for most airlines.  Easy to add this week in if you are on the TA.

• Clarea changed the title to 2020 President cruise, Allure October 25th
46 minutes ago, ZiggaZagga17 said:

It seems that one of the cruises we've booked on next year has been 'allocated/chosen' as a Presidential Cruise!

What would make that different to the week before?

Good luck getting room in the hot tub 😉

Edited by Tulsacoker