Cuban cigars

SimGuy

Howdy SimGuy! emo22.gif

Thank you for your post on the Ask a Cruise Question forum and welcome to Cruise Critic! 👍

Since your thread is regarding one particular cruise line, I have moved it to the Royal Caribbean International forum where it will be on topic. Also, the majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed RCI frequent this forum and hopefully will be able to help you.

Cruise Critic is a great resource and we are so glad you found us! emo34.gif  Please feel free to browse the Categories list. Read a few threads in various forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads on the top of the first page of threads in a forum. You will find very important instructions or information there.

Please remember the following stated in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free memberships:

Browse Before You Post
Browse a topic first to see if your question has already been asked or answered by someone else. Also, many of the major cruise lines forums have a FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) topic that has been created by our members. Give that a try first. Browsing is your #1 best resource! Please post your messages in an appropriate topic so that you'll receive the best possible response. It is very time consuming to move misplaced messages that are in the wrong topics.

Anytime you want to start a new thread on any forum, make sure you are on the correct forum for your topic. Word your new thread title in a way to help the members know exactly the information you seek. This will help the members that know the information and they will reply to you. It is best to limit each inquiry to only one topic or concerning one cruise line, ship, port of call, etc. and of course, on the correct forum. emo3.gif  You will get more replies that way. Be sure to mention your cruise line, ship, port or sail date in your inquiry if it will help the members with their answers.

For finding fellow Cruise Critic members sailing with you on your cruise, please read What is a Roll Call? Everything you Need to Know and How To: Create A New Roll Call .

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to go to our Member Cruise Reviews section and submit your review for publication!

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful to a new member and so glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SimGuy said:

Can you purchase Cuban cigars on Oasis of the Seas?

NO!   Cuban cigars are not for sale on any cruise ship and in port, true Cuban cigars are for sale only at La Casa de Habano shops in various ports.  Be wary of anything else purporting to be Cuban.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

That's what I found when I looked it up.  Can buy cigars but not visit! 

Had a good friend and my brother visit last year , but they changed accessibility I believe. Would like to have it as a cruise stop. 

9 minutes ago, George C said:

Had a good friend and my brother visit last year , but they changed accessibility I believe. Would like to have it as a cruise stop. 

President issued a very abrupt halt to cruise ship visits earlier this year, May or June?

True Cuban cigars are always very expensive and are bought at officially sanctioned cigar stores such as La Casa del Habano as crewsweeper said above.  Anything else is highly likely to be counterfeit particularly in the Caribbean.  Buyer beware!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fla gang said:

If you ever cruise out of Tampa you can Uber to Ybor and get a good cigar, hand rolled while you watch!

And it will likely be as good or even better than most Cuban cigars too.  Im no connoisseur by any stretch but Cuban cigars are highly overrated IMO and too expensive. 

Edited by ryano
  • Like 2

As a tourist, even in Cuba, it's difficult finding real, 100% Cuban made cigars. The Island, itself, is flooded with fakes, just waiting to take advantage of tourists. Best visit a real Cuban cigar factory, and still, you might get duped.

Edited by rusty nut

25 minutes ago, ryano said:

And it will likely be as good or even better than most Cuban cigars too.  Im no connoisseur by any stretch but Cuban cigars are highly overrated IMO and too expensive. 

And many of the Central American tobacco plants originally came from Cuban in the late 50s early 60s, as did experienced cigar makers.  But Cuban still holds a "mystic" .

• Like 1

Most people find true Cubans to be a bit heavy and harsh tasting.

Many of the Central American ones, from Cuban tobacco stock are milder and more pleasant.

You can find Case de la Habanos in many cities in the world if you want to buy Cubans.

Double check the current import status.  For a while, you could buy them in Cuba and bring them back, but not if purchased outside Cuba.  Then they relaxed things even more.

17 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Recently in Bermuda and they were selling what they said were Cuban cigars.   We weren't buying but discussed it with seller who said they can be brought back.  Not really sure.

In Bermuda they do sell genuine Cuban Cigars at Churchills in St. George's. 

• Like 1

No Cuban cigars on ships, but some ships sell new world cigars

cuban cigars - if you get genuine one, however even the consistency can be hit and miss

new world cigars - consistency 99% of the time, excellent smokes pardons, davidoff and anything blended by AJ Fernandez To name a few

a good Cuban edges it for me, but new world cigars are excellent 

I would imagine you boat will sell NW cigars

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
19 minutes ago, Creeskan said:

While I'm not entirely sure about the availability of Cuban cigars on the Oasis of the Seas, I can tell you that indulging in a good cigar on a cruise ship sounds like a fantastic idea.

They will not sell Cuban cigars on any royal ship

• Like 1