Bottled Water

eyeeye

If you have the beverage package then water is included.  Otherwise, you will have to purchase water or bring your own refillable water bottle.  I've done this on NCL bc water isn't included in the beverage package.  If you do use a refillable water bottle just remember to use a cup as a means to fill your bottle as opposed to placing the opening directly up to the water source.

• Like 1

We were able to buy 6, 8, 10, or 12 (I think those were the quantities) one liter or 1/2 liter Evians thru the "minibar" offer in our room on our recent Royal Caribbean cruise. We bought 8 one liters, for $32, which they brought in a box for a 12-pack from which they took 4 out. We also bought a 12 pack of Diet Coke ($22). Grats were added.

Again, not Celebrity. I don't remember Celebrity on our April cruise having these same type of door hanger order slips that Royal had. Maybe the difference was that Royal's minifridge was empty (so the order form was the only way to sell in-room beverages), whereas Celebrity's was filled with stuff you could consume and pay for. But you could check with your stateroom attendant to see if ordering a few is possible. Don't expect great deals over the per-bottle price, though.

Edited by mayleeman

I have done this in the past when leaving on Celebrity from a US port.

Bring a heavy duty leaf bag and some tape.  Purchase a case of water at a local Costco. Put it in the bag and tape it up with a luggage tag showing. Give to the porter with the rest of my bags. Shows up later at my cabin door.  

Hope that helps.

17 minutes ago, Beanb41 said:

If you have a drinks package every time you walk past a bar grab a bottle of water and store them in the fridge in your cabin if necessary.

I have the premium beverage package. Can I ask for Evian and San Pellegrino at the bar or do I have to get it on embarkation at ports of call. First time ever that I've had any perks so this is all new to me.

6 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I have the premium beverage package. Can I ask for Evian and San Pellegrino at the bar or do I have to get it on embarkation at ports of call. First time ever that I've had any perks so this is all new to me.

Evian is certainly available with the premium beverage package, and I think that San Pellegrino is also covered.  If I am in error someone will correct me.

We have the Classic package but on EDGE they use the metal btls with proessed water/ salt added...we do not care for it...

We were going to look for a water bottle package,  but  instead we bought a small Brita pitcher system..Already packed for next week...Will also buy some better Spring water  before  we sail or onboard..

Edited by hcat

9 hours ago, jelayne said:

Just checked the cruise planner for 3 upcoming sailings and there is not a water package offered.

Maybe because so many have the beverage package bring water on board or like me bring my own David's tea thermos from home. Came in handy as I filled with hot water at aqua spa. Saw another guest doing the same.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2019 at 12:18 PM, Banjo said:

I have done this in the past when leaving on Celebrity from a US port.

Bring a heavy duty leaf bag and some tape.  Purchase a case of water at a local Costco. Put it in the bag and tape it up with a luggage tag showing. Give to the porter with the rest of my bags. Shows up later at my cabin door.  

Hope that helps.

And be prepared to pay for repair/replacement of others’ belongings when/if the water breaks. Luggage is not treated with kid gloves and there are often large piles once it is on the ship before delivery to your cabin.

And yes. I have heard the discussion between officers and a guest who packed beverages in his luggage and they broke. A different line, but I would hope all would treat it the same. I know that if I check my stuff and it shows up wet and it is not raining I will not be happy. Especially since they state that other than the allowance of carried aboard wine other beverages may not be brought on board.

Porters would slap a bag tag on anything to ensure a larger tip whether the line allows the thing aboard or not.

On 11/10/2019 at 9:24 PM, jelayne said:

Just checked the cruise planner for 3 upcoming sailings and there is not a water package offered.

Strange.  Our upcoming cruises have a Premium  Bottled Water Package available at $16 a day.  

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

And be prepared to pay for repair/replacement of others’ belongings when/if the water breaks. Luggage is not treated with kid gloves and there are often large piles once it is on the ship before delivery to your cabin.

And yes. I have heard the discussion between officers and a guest who packed beverages in his luggage and they broke. A different line, but I would hope all would treat it the same. I know that if I check my stuff and it shows up wet and it is not raining I will not be happy. Especially since they state that other than the allowance of carried aboard wine other beverages may not be brought on board.

Porters would slap a bag tag on anything to ensure a larger tip whether the line allows the thing aboard or not.

Celebrity does allow you to bring water on board.  The vast majority of water bottles that come  in packs are NOT made of glass.  And I seriously doubt  that a cruiser would be made to repair/replace other's belongings.     

14 minutes ago, keesar said:

Celebrity does allow you to bring water on board.  The vast majority of water bottles that come  in packs are NOT made of glass.  And I seriously doubt  that a cruiser would be made to repair/replace other's belongings.     

Carry on, yes. Check, from what I have found, not supposed to. And even plastic CAN explode if enough pressure is placed on it.

And yes. At least the other line I was on WAS making the passenger pay to clean and/or replace things damaged when beverages they had checked broke and affected other luggage. It is not hard to figure out whose was whose.

On 11/10/2019 at 9:20 PM, hcat said:

We have the Classic package but on EDGE they use the metal btls with proessed water/ salt added...we do not care for it...

We were going to look for a water bottle package,  but  instead we bought a small Brita pitcher system..Already packed for next week...Will also buy some better Spring water  before  we sail or onboard..

hcat- I agree that I did not really like the metal water containers on Edge.

But not sure you need the Brita pitcher as the water from the tap on Celebrity ships has been ultra-purified on board.  I don't know what a Brita filtration would do in addition.  Unless you plan the Brita filter for the water in the metal containers?

On 11/23/2019 at 6:06 AM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

That is why I put the water in a plastic leaf bag taped up nice and snug. Never had an issue with a bottle breaking.

Now I have not that done that in awhile. Since I made Elite (now Elite+) I don't bother with bringing water or wine onboard.