Luggage tags

Bizziecruzer

19 minutes ago, George C said:

You can call them and they will mail them for free did that last couple of years. One of the few lines that will mail at no cost. 

The OP is in Brisbane ( I assume Australia). AFAIK, X only mails tags to US and Canadian addresses.

OP, do you have your edocs and express pass? The tags are usually in there, on one of the last pages. 

ETA: oops, just saw you are still 60 days out. Edocs are usually emailed at 45 days or so.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, alcpa1 said:

We don't bother worrying about luggage tags. We just have the baggage handlers put them on when we get to the pier. 

So do we.

It only takes them seconds to tag each bag, much faster than we can do it ourselves .

We have enough things to take care of in advance without the bother of ordering or printing luggage tags and needing to remember to bring them along from home.

Although there are some people who do enjoy making their own luggage tags.

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 1:11 AM, varoo said:

So do we.

It only takes them seconds to tag each bag, much faster than we can do it ourselves .

We have enough things to take care of in advance without the bother of ordering or printing luggage tags and needing to remember to bring them along from home.

Although there are some people who do enjoy making their own luggage tags.

We usually request luggage tags to be sent, why?  Because when they arrive, it means we're getting close to cruise departure time, :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

Last year, there seemed to be a lot of CC members reporting that they experienced difficulty getting their luggage tags from Celebrity. Online orders weren't being actioned and even phoned in requests to Celebrity were hit and miss. I've not seen similar reporting of late, so can I assume that the problem was resolved?

3 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Last year, there seemed to be a lot of CC members reporting that they experienced difficulty getting their luggage tags from Celebrity. Online orders weren't being actioned and even phoned in requests to Celebrity were hit and miss. I've not seen similar reporting of late, so can I assume that the problem was resolved?

I agree. I believe the problem has been fixed. Last year when I ordered our luggage tags from the CP for our September 2019 cruise the luggage tags arrived 5 days after I ordered them. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pickels said:

We usually request luggage tags to be sent, why?  Because when they arrive, it means we're getting close to cruise departure time, :classic_biggrin:

We used to order luggage tags years ago when we first started cruising.

But one time we were busy with other things and forgot to order them.

Amazingly, we managed to know when we were getting close to cruise departure time, even without having luggage tags. 😉

The porters quickly tagged our bags and took them away.

So ever since, we have had the porters at the pier tag them for us. 

We are going to tip them either way, so it is fastest and easiest just to let them do the tagging.

24 minutes ago, Pickels said:

Fleckle--of course we know when we're getting close; it's just that when the luggage tags arrive; for whatever reason, it get's us both excited.

I agree... it's the little things that I get excited about as we get closer to cruising time - this might sound weird, but when we buy milk that doesn't expire until after our cruise begins, well that's enough to send me into giddy giggles of glee!!! :)

On 11/22/2019 at 11:32 PM, fleckle said:

We used to order luggage tags years ago when we first started cruising.

But one time we were busy with other things and forgot to order them.

Amazingly, we managed to know when we were getting close to cruise departure time, even without having luggage tags. 😉

The porters quickly tagged our bags and took them away.

So ever since, we have had the porters at the pier tag them for us. 

We are going to tip them either way, so it is fastest and easiest just to let them do the tagging.

Order the tags and put them on yourself. Trusting others to legibly write and tag your bags increases the chances for bags to get lossed or be misplaced. We do everything to reduce chance of mistakes. Ordering clearly printed tags and putting two on each bag is our extra assurance that our bags will arrive at our cabin on time!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, edgee said:

Order the tags and put them on yourself. Trusting others to legibly write and tag your bags increases the chances for bags to get lossed or be misplaced.

Surely you must be kidding!

It only takes a second to glance at each luggage tag to confirm that the cabin number on it is legible and correct.

In all our years of cruising we have never had a bag that was tagged at the cruise pier lost or misplaced.

Now airlines are a different matter entirely, regardless of whether an agent at the airport tags the the bag for us or we tag it ourselves. 😉

Edited by varoo

16 minutes ago, varoo said:

Surely you must be kidding!

It only takes a second to glance at each luggage tag to confirm that the cabin number on it is legible and correct.

In all our years of cruising we have never had a bag that was tagged at the cruise pier lost or misplaced.

Now airlines are a different matter entirely, regardless of whether an agent at the airport tags the the bag for us or we tag it ourselves. 😉

Surely I am not kidding! We had one experience where a tag slipped off of our bag and we did not receive that bag until late evening. We believe double tagging with pre printed tags helps to eliminate the even remote chance of a problem...thus we do it. Relying on hand written tags placed on bag during rush of check may be preferred by some.

I agree with Varoo---Trusting others to legibly write and tag your bags increases the chances for bags to get lost or be misplaced.  Even with pre-printed luggage tags; a piece of luggage can get lost.  I speak from personal experience.  On a previous cruise, three of our four pieces were delivered, the fourth was nowhere to be found.  Spent hours waiting, and even went down to the naughty room and unclaimed luggage on the ship.  Nothing.  Now panic set in, was it left on the dock?  Yikes.!  Something told me to walk the entire cabin deck and check all of the luggage out by the cabins and Lord and Behold, there it was, placed in front of the wrong cabin!