Wow! All three of my booked cruises just jumped 1K+

tallnthensome

It's crazy. I've had my eye on a few different dates for Alaska on the Sun. Every days I've looked at suites seem to be wide open. I had my pick. Given the inventory, you'd think they'd decrease prices. No one was buying before the 30% hike. Now I'll move on and check out something else. 

• Like 1

I noticed that prices were really good when the 20% off sale first happened, but within a couple of weeks there was a 10% price increase.....

So who wants to bet that the Black Friday sale will be “20% off anyway cruise!”  But even the 20% off Latitudes prices are nuts!

19 minutes ago, erdoran said:

I noticed that prices were really good when the 20% off sale first happened, but within a couple of weeks there was a 10% price increase.....

So who wants to bet that the Black Friday sale will be “20% off anyway cruise!”  But even the 20% off Latitudes prices are nuts!

It’s going to be 30% off any cruise, sailaway rates not included.

Interesting. The Cruise I've been tracking has stayed pretty close to what it was earlier this week.. the interior cabin is still up from the original price I saw, which was somewhere around $329 per person... I wish I had written it down, but I DID write down the grand total cost which was $667 for a solo, sail away interior. Current cost is $742. I need to see it go back down to $667 or lower, or I'll just go with Carnival this time around. 

(Incidentally, Carnival prices are also up this week by about $30-50 per person on interiors.)

Fear not, folks. As has been discussed here before, NCL artificially inflates prices early on and then consistently lowers them as sailing time approaches. Ultimately, pricing is supply/demand driven. Don't be fooled by these silly tactics. Just look at pricing for December 2019. 4 day cruises starting at $99, 5 day $149, 7 day, $299. Know the true market value of what you are purchasing. The prices of cruises I'm watching for January 2020 haven't changed at all...probably because the market won't support those ridiculous rates and the risk of the ships not sailing full is getting greater with each passing day.

Edited by blcruising
  • Like 1

I went to book the Encore for next October this morning. On Thursday it was $8000 for 2 in a Haven Aft Penthouse and had been around that amount for the last couple months. Today it was $11,200. An increase of $3200 in 2 days.

What is going on? We did not book it and are looking at other lines at this point. We like NCL and love the Haven but not at that price. 

4 minutes ago, hunter68 said:

I went to book the Encore for next October this morning. On Thursday it was $8000 for 2 in a Haven Aft Penthouse and had been around that amount for the last couple months. Today it was $11,200. An increase of $3200 in 2 days.

What is going on? We did not book it and are looking at other lines at this point. We like NCL and love the Haven but not at that price. 

They'll slap a 30% Black Friday discount on that $11,200 and try to convince you of a fantastic deal! 

• Like 2

Welcome to the new airline pricing mode a/k/a "RateGain" for cruising, the Norwegian way, for your convenience.  

Pretty soon, back by popular demand "free air" and "discount air" ... urrrrrh, 20% service charge, waived for select qualifying Latitude members (just for laughs, lighten it ... ) 

Seriously, after our year-end cruise next month, if this pattern holds - time to take a sabbatical against NCL ... kicking it back into their ball field. 

Edited by mking8288