Reaching Diamond Plus on next cruise

jalves

So, the Mrs and I will be reaching Diamond Plus on our next cruise (7-night Harmony in January) and wondering if we would get the extra benefits while on board?  Not that its a big thing for us anyway since we are in a Suite for this cruise.  Just curious.

On a different tangent, we will be sailing on Celebrity in April, well after reaching Diamond+ on Royal.  Will that new status carry over to Celebrity even though we've already booked that one?

9 minutes ago, jalves said:

On a different tangent, we will be sailing on Celebrity in April, well after reaching Diamond+ on Royal.  Will that new status carry over to Celebrity even though we've already booked that one?

You will be Elite on Celebrity.  Call to get it transferred over to a Captains club number 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You will be Elite on Celebrity.  Call to get it transferred over to a Captains club number 

I though they are automatically giving you a Captains Club number when you get a C & A number.  We have them and never asked for one. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

I though they are automatically giving you a Captains Club number when you get a C & A number.  We have them and never asked for one. 

They may be but I don’t know if they issued Captains club numbers retroactively. 

I just checked and I don’t have one so I guess they haven’t issued them automatically 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They may be but I don’t know if they issued Captains club numbers retroactively. 

I just checked and I don’t have one so I guess they haven’t issued them automatically 

Somebody at Royal did it.

captainsclub.jpg

You can log on to the Celebrity site with the same logon/password as RCI and it will recognize you and issue a Capt Club # if you don’t already have one. 
As to the original post, you can visit the loyalty desk and ask for your D+ pins and perks when you reach 175 and they may (or may not) accommodate you. 

1 hour ago, jalves said:

The maximum status that you can get on celebrity via reciprocity is Elite which is equivalent to Diamond.  Elite plus and higher  is not reciprocal.  It must be earned.  So unfortunately being D+ versus D gets nothing extra on X

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jalves said:

Thanks

Now you've got something new to look forward to on your next cruise.

If you want to change your welcome aboard C&A beverages from what you were allowed as diamond you will need to call the C&A desk. 1-800-526-9723. 

Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members can choose from the water, soda or juice selections or opt for beer. • Bottle of Budweiser • Bottle of Bud Light • Bottle of Corona • Bottle of Heineken

Edited by davekathy

6 hours ago, jalves said:

So, the Mrs and I will be reaching Diamond Plus on our next cruise (7-night Harmony in January) and wondering if we would get the extra benefits while on board?  Not that its a big thing for us anyway since we are in a Suite for this cruise.  Just curious.

Congrats.  Did you get the benefits on the cruise you made D or the cruise after?

• Like 1

Congratulations! Happy Sailing.  When you do receive your perk...our favorite is the free bag of "Wash and Fold"....one each per D+ passenger...5+ nights sailing.  Note: With Celebrity's Elite...you also receive free laundry...nice.

Thanks all for the responses about D+.  

I have sailed Celebrity before so I have a CC number.  My first sailing on them was when I had already reached Diamond on Royal.  Since Elite is the highest reciprocal status on Celebrity I understand I won't see any difference in perks.  Won't really matter since we are in a suite on our April Celebrity cruise.  

14 hours ago, HicksRA said:

As to the original post, you can visit the loyalty desk and ask for your D+ pins and perks when you reach 175 and they may (or may not) accommodate you. 

Then the situation would be everyone would want that advanced perk. 😮  Everyone turns a next level some point on a ship. I would never attempt to put the LA into that position, when we all know that is not how it works.  Points are only awarded after completion of cruise, about a week to 10 days later.

OP said it was no big deal, and apparently looks at it this way, ....as I have always looked at it...just makes the next cruise that much sweeter.  😉 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jalves said:

Thanks all for the responses about D+.  

I have sailed Celebrity before so I have a CC number.  My first sailing on them was when I had already reached Diamond on Royal.  Since Elite is the highest reciprocal status on Celebrity I understand I won't see any difference in perks.  Won't really matter since we are in a suite on our April Celebrity cruise.  

That's not correct. There are some differences between diamond and elite perks. 

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

That's not correct. There are some differences between diamond and elite perks. 

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my statement.  I meant that on Celebrity I won't see a difference in my reciprocal perks when I reach D+ on Royal.  

8 minutes ago, jalves said:

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my statement.  I meant that on Celebrity I won't see a difference in my reciprocal perks when I reach D+ on Royal.  

That's correct. D, D+ and Pinnacle all receive the same Celebrity elite perks. 

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

That's correct. D, D+ and Pinnacle all receive the same Celebrity elite perks. 

I think it's really nice that we, as DS  😉 , have that perk as a cross over on Celebrity.  Appreciate that they do that for us.  🙂 

17 minutes ago, island lady said:

I think it's really nice that we, as DS  😉 , have that perk as a cross over on Celebrity.  Appreciate that they do that for us.  🙂 

Agree. We like the difference and similarities between C&A and the Captains Club and between Celebrity and RC overall. The two lines must be doing something right as we keep coming back and are happy to be cruising with them.

54 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree. We like the difference and similarities between C&A and the Captains Club and between Celebrity and RC overall. The two lines must be doing something right as we keep coming back and are happy to be cruising with them.

You got that right...my fellow DS friend.  👍  Happy to be loyal,.... best loyalty program cruise company IMHO.  🙂 

• Like 2

We turned D+ a few nights into a recent B2B. While we didn't get benefits till the 2nd leg, our DL concierge made a special announcement in the DL the night we technically had the points, and gave us our pins. It was really sweet. He also made sure we got status and perks on the 2nd leg. I had asked the LA and he was not helpful at all.