Britannia on TV tonight

Hols4

P&O’s Twitter account says this...

Our flagship Britannia is making a guest appearance on tonight's episode of Michael McIntyre's Big Show! Make sure you tune in to BBC One at 8:10pm to see our Food Hero Marco Pierre White give two guests a very special surprise. This is not to be missed!

It actually starts at 9:10 though. I like the show and will be watching 

• Like 1

Brought back great memories on Brittania, my wife and disabled son had an amazing intimate dinner with 14 other passengers cooked by Marco Pierre White and sat right next to him where he raconteured for two hours. God bless him he made my sons year.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, hansol1966 said:

Brought back great memories on Brittania, my wife and disabled son had an amazing intimate dinner with 14 other passengers cooked by Marco Pierre White and sat right next to him where he raconteured for two hours. God bless him he made my sons year.

"...an amazing intimate dinner with 14 other passengers cooked by Marco Pierre White..." I hadn't realised that cannibalism was in vogue on Britannia! ☺️

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, jh1809 said:

"...an amazing intimate dinner with 14 other passengers cooked by Marco Pierre White..." I hadn't realised that cannibalism was in vogue on Britannia! ☺️

They have to fill the cabins somehow but I guess it can cause problems at the end of a cruise when they have to scan everybody’s cruise card to make sure they have all got off the ship. 😇😏

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Didn't see much of Britannia but the Epicurean looked good.

imagine booking your first cruise based on seeing that and then arriving in the buffet on embarkation day expecting Marco Pierre White to be waiting to serve you!

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, crompton21 said:

imagine booking your first cruise based on seeing that and then arriving in the buffet on embarkation day expecting Marco Pierre White to be waiting to serve you!

What!! Are you saying he doesn't??? 

How ridiculous....

Next you will be trying to convince me that Jane Mcdonald isn't on every cruise either.. 😊

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

How ridiculous....

Next you will be trying to convince me that Jane Mcdonald isn't on every cruise either.. 😊

Andy 

I understand serious consideration has been given to whether her brother Ronald would be a welcome addition to the fast food provision.  Unfortunately the trial on Britannia resulted in a bit of a kerfuffle when he was spotted in the buffet late at night....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

How ridiculous....

Andy 

That's a good enough reason to stop cruising for ever!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, crompton21 said:

Yes, that could indeed be possible.  It never ceases to amaze me how little research some people do before booking a cruise.

Changing tack slightly, I once had breakfast in the mdr aboard Aurora with a couple who had previously done the World Cruise on her.  They were telling me about a couple on their dining table on that cruise who had booked the entire Worldie without ever having been on a cruise ship before 😮

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Britboys said:

Yes, that could indeed be possible.  It never ceases to amaze me how little research some people do before booking a cruise.

Changing tack slightly, I once had breakfast in the mdr aboard Aurora with a couple who had previously done the World Cruise on her.  They were telling me about a couple on their dining table on that cruise who had booked the entire Worldie without ever having been on a cruise ship before 😮

That is a huge risk to take (especially when you get passengers on a 2 night cruise not liking it as you do actually feel the sea ....). But you only live once I guess and should take every opportunity you can to do something. I hope they enjoyed it! 

I enjoyed the segment but did find it difficult to believe that she would so readily accept her own food as being made by a top chef like MPW. My test of a good chef is that they can cook better than me and I would not have been impressed by a basic soup, shepherds pie and bread pudding with custard.

Like most of us I would have made polite murmurings to MPW at the table but if I had not known I was being filmed my comments would have been less polite along the lines of I can cook just as well as  this so it’s really disappointing, during private conversation.

It also chimes with lack of research. If the lady had looked at the Epicurean menus (always very nice imo) before going onboard she would have smelled a rat immediately.

2 hours ago, CarlaMarie said:

That is a huge risk to take (especially when you get passengers on a 2 night cruise not liking it as you do actually feel the sea ....). But you only live once I guess and should take every opportunity you can to do something. I hope they enjoyed it! 

Yes, I couldn't believe that anyone would book 90-odd nights on a cruise ship without ever having tried it before - as you say, such a huge risk.  Fortunately, I think they enjoyed it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

I enjoyed the segment but did find it difficult to believe that she would so readily accept her own food as being made by a top chef like MPW. My test of a good chef is that they can cook better than me and I would not have been impressed by a basic soup, shepherds pie and bread pudding with custard.

Like most of us I would have made polite murmurings to MPW at the table but if I had not known I was being filmed my comments would have been less polite along the lines of I can cook just as well as  this so it’s really disappointing, during private conversation.

It also chimes with lack of research. If the lady had looked at the Epicurean menus (always very nice imo) before going onboard she would have smelled a rat immediately.

I think she was lured with the promise of a special 'tasting' menu, so would not have expected the standard Epicurean fare. 

Andy