Adventure of the Seas 1854 - The View From the Top 🚢

John&LaLa

2 minutes ago, Scottee25 said:

That's what I thought. I was looking for pricing on the oceanviews in that same area but they are not showing up for the TA sailing. Possible they too have already been sold out?

That would surprise me. Didn't that release just a day or two ago?

Maybe they are still messing with it. 

Most of them hold 4 people, change your search parameter

12 minutes ago, Scottee25 said:

That's what I thought. I was looking for pricing on the oceanviews in that same area but they are not showing up for the TA sailing. Possible they too have already been sold out?

Those are Spacious Panoramic Oceanview category and are under Oceanview.  Some are for 1 or 2 guests, and some are for 3 or 4 guests.  That might also limit what you see as available.

28 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That would surprise me. Didn't that release just a day or two ago?

Maybe they are still messing with it. 

Most of them hold 4 people, change your search parameter

18 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Those are Spacious Panoramic Oceanview category and are under Oceanview.  Some are for 1 or 2 guests, and some are for 3 or 4 guests.  That might also limit what you see as available.

I have tried searching for rooms for 2 and for 3 guests since I know this sailing has a lot of cabins that won't allow you to book for just 2 people. I didn't have any luck when changing my search for 3 guests. Oh well. I'll keep looking. We have an aft balcony on deck 9 booked so my interest in the panoramic rooms was just for curiosity sake. Thank you both for your assistance.

• Like 1

What's the current SL/CL/DL arrangement on Adventure?  I don't remember what this ship has and where the lounges are located.  We're considering the April '21 TA and trying to decide between a JS or a GS.  We have DL access and I'm wondering if it's worth paying more for the full suite upgrade.  Thanks.

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

What's the current SL/CL/DL arrangement on Adventure?  I don't remember what this ship has and where the lounges are located.  We're considering the April '21 TA and trying to decide between a JS or a GS.  We have DL access and I'm wondering if it's worth paying more for the full suite upgrade.  Thanks.

DL and SL are on deck 14. No CL on the Adventure. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

SL took over the old card/game rooms up in VIking Crown.  DL took over the old 19th Hole bar up in Viking Crown.

• Haha 1

Sounds like the DL is nice then??  Not a fan of the windowless DL on deck 4 on Oasis Class (other than convenience before shows).  I'm guessing that any TA will be C&A top heavy and all lounges will be full (would be our first TA).  Sorry for the hijack John.  Figured I could trust your first hand report.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sounds like the DL is nice then??  Not a fan of the windowless DL on deck 4 on Oasis Class (other than convenience before shows).  I'm guessing that any TA will be C&A top heavy and all lounges will be full (would be our first TA).  Sorry for the hijack John.  Figured I could trust your first hand report.

It's lovely, SL is nicer though.  They used VCL both weeks I was on.  Probably same on a TA

I'll try and continue tonight.

Life got in the way, and I'm running errands

Edited by John&LaLa

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

The DL has very nice views. Unfortunately, the outside seating area is closed off and now used as staging for the Rockwall. The previous staging area for the wall is now the outside seating area for the SL.

19 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I would have done live, but Adventure VOOM is unreliable, sorry

I kept looking for a thread from you but was not finding it. I was wondering if you decided to take a break from ship board posting. I do understand the pain of Adventure's internet.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm back😎

And here is what you get to look forward to. 30' of unobstructed view from above the peek a boo bridge. More on that later.

We sailed B2B on Adventure Dec 1 and Dec 7 doing a Western southern rotation.

We were in this gem of a suite for leg 1. 👍

Thanks for posting this.  I'm determined to get myself one of these at some point.  It was great meeting you and your wife week before last on Adventure.  

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Thanks for posting this.  I'm determined to get myself one of these at some point.  It was great meeting you and your wife week before last on Adventure.  

I'm sorry I didnt think to invite you for a tour. 

11 hours ago, Scottee25 said:

Put in 4 people.  Not sure if it is on all sailings but I know on several you can only book them with 4, they won’t even allow 3 to book.  

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm back😎

And here is what you get to look forward to. 30' of unobstructed view from above the peek a boo bridge. More on that later.

We sailed B2B on Adventure Dec 1 and Dec 7 doing a Western southern rotation.

We were in this gem of a suite for leg 1. 👍

Forgot to ask earlier, when did you tell Laura about week 2

This is Deck 12 on Adventure. Many of the other Voyager decks are similar. 

Freedom however, has balcony cabins closer to the elevators.

I did an early Live on that ship in one of the balconies.

I'd provide a link, but I can't seem to search that far back. 

Our suite is the green one on the left (port if you like that kind of stuff)

1841366898_AOSDeck12.thumb.JPG.49b500a0f9353e4db04a8559d02affb5.JPG

This is the description Royal gives you.

A bit underwhelming if you ask me.

1200233769_AOSVPSuite.JPG.9af7b632bd7cd0a2c1ae0a114d36a2e2.JPG

My old TA has this in the description

Capture.JPG.1ecc78c26b14fac9a353a55685ac17d3.JPG

And here is the view from the Helipad

The bridge is Deck 10, so we are actually above the Gym

IMG_5286.thumb.JPG.bbfa4f918789e0df60eaf61f85a0785c.JPG

Either telephoto or cropped. I forget.

6 panels across, each 5' wide is the 30' I mentioned earlier.

Using that math, the std Panoramic OV's are 10' wide

IMG_5285.thumb.JPG.3204d20b2f5cacc73d8d0d8e2c081423.JPG

And yes, you can see right through the windows😱

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

Now these suites used to just be big family cabins. 👨‍👩‍👦

And then one day, they decided they could make more money if they called them suites.💲💲💲

Luckily John booked it right before that change.

I just ran into it one day on the web site.

Now what is odd is the fact that it showed up over a year out with no restrictions on occupancy.

The price was good, I really don't need a balcony, and we had the bunk room setup on Freedom family suite 11+ years ago, so I knew it would make Laura happy.  Apparently I snore really loud, so separation is a bonus. Happy wife, Happy life.

The suite perks are nice, even though we really don't need them.  I'll go over that later as well

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1