Fires around Sydney

jhenry1

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

That would be fine for the blokes behind the trees doing #1's but not so grand for anything else or the girls.

Well, not to be uncouth or anything but they now sell these 'go girl' things that let us do just like the boys 😏 It takes a bit of practice but really quite effective. Agreed, #2 much different--but still possible 😇

6 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Well, not to be uncouth or anything but they now sell these 'go girl' things that let us do just like the boys 😏 It takes a bit of practice but really quite effective. Agreed, #2 much different--but still possible 😇

Is that the she-wee?

4 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

So not an inserted model?

Is it one size fits all?

and most importantly, does it come in other colours?😛

Yikes--no not inserted, one size does indeed fit all. Selection of colors--lime green, lavendar, even camo. For the girl who has everything. And Valentine's Day is coming!

Do you Aussies do Valentine's day???

43 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Yikes--no not inserted, one size does indeed fit all. Selection of colors--lime green, lavendar, even camo. For the girl who has everything. And Valentine's Day is coming!

Do you Aussies do Valentine's day???

Yes, the women do Valentine's day which forces the guys as well. I think my wife would shoot me if I gave her one of those though.😁

3 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Yes ships are still going to Akaroa. Some small ships are going to Littleton but the bus driver of our local tour is from Christchurch and said larger ships will be going there later this year. Some cruise lines will still be going to Akaroa. Tomorrow Noordam and Sea Princess will be here. The ships themselves don't use Akaroa's water as it is a tender port. It must be all the tourists flushing toilets that are the problem so to conserve the water all cruisers should "go" before they come ashore.😁

The mayor of Akaroa mustn't want all the dollars that the cruise ship passengers bring into town - and leave there.

Edited by Aus Traveller

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

The mayor of Akaroa mustn't want all the dollars that the cruise ship passengers bring into town - and leave there.

Well to be fair to the mayor if they do have a really bad problem with water supply it makes sense why they would not want more people to put pressure on that supply. Money can't buy rain.

17 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Maybe--it's what I'd call it if I were an Aussie. Looks like this:

81Jx54fUe5L._SL1500_.jpg

What a strange device, for one moment I thought it was an ice cream cone.  I choked on my morning coffee and iced Vo Vo. Probably not invented yet in Straya, plenty of bushes on the side of the road for the 'sheilas.'😮

About 20mm of rain here overnight, too wet for the bushes.

Oh dear this thread has degenerated into nasty things.

Edited by NSWP

17 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, the women do Valentine's day which forces the guys as well. I think my wife would shoot me if I gave her one of those though.😁

Um, no, I wouldn't recommend this as a Valentine's gift for any woman 🙅‍♀️

However, it could be useful when in the great outdoors for any length of time. Or indoors when the toilet is, shall we say, less than clean. That's why I got one 😏

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

What a strange device, for one moment I thought it was an ice cream cone.  I choked on my morning coffee and iced Vo Vo. Probably not invented yet in Straya, plenty of bushes on the side of the road for the 'sheilas.'😮

About 20mm of rain here overnight, too wet for the bushes.

Oh dear this thread has degenerated into nasty things.

Ice cream cone, good one! I've heard that in Australia those bushes may hold some unwelcome surprises???

Not so much nasty but definitely not polite dinner conversation 😉

Still raining here at Penrith. Up to total of 96.4mm so far this week (that's almost 4" for our 'local' from USA 🙂 ).

Good steady rain coming in showers. 41.2 mm to 9am this morning and a further 10.4mm since then.

More to come they say, and we are hoping for more further south - places like Canberra & Cooma, & the south coast.

Edited by mr walker
typo

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

It stopped raining just after 8am.😞

Well that just stinks. Sorry to hear this, but maybe more is on the way??

36 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Still raining here at Penrith. Up to total of 96.4mm so far this week (that's almost 4" for our 'local' from USA 🙂 ).

Good steady rain coming in showers. 41.2 mm to 9am this morning and a further 10.4mm since then.

While my background is in science and I do get the metric system, it is nice to have it worked out for me--I can save my limited brain power for other things, like planning our next cruise 😊 Thanks mate.

Send some of that rain Mic's way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

More to come they say, and we are hoping for more further south - places like Canberra & Cooma, & the south coast.

Thanks for 4".  96.4mm just doesn't give me the same mental picture of how much rain.  

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Thanks for 4".  96.4mm just doesn't give me the same mental picture of how much rain.  

If it were a colder part of America, that would translate to about 4 feet of snow.

Amazing the trivia you learn going to Uni over there.

17 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

If it were a colder part of America, that would translate to about 4 feet of snow.

Amazing the trivia you learn going to Uni over there.

Yep, that's true. I live in the Rockies and up further north this is a typical day! Last year there was still snow on the mountains in July. Very unusual!

But, we need it, much like Australia needs the rain.