Any buckets of beer deals onboard? Drink cards for 8 or 10 drinks?

Planning on going on the adventure of the seas soon and not big drinkers but hope for buckets of beer deals. Has anyone recently enjoyed any deals onboard. My wife doesn’t drink and I’m very casual with a beer or mixed drink but I take days off too! They use to offer buckets with like one free, pay for 5 get 6. And I’ve enjoyed 8 drinks card for a discount. That used to be perfect.
Just can’t justify an $1,100.00 extra for a drink package as the wife abstains, (health reasons please don’t bash her,)and I’m an occasional drink person.
I’ve heard that they offer them on rare occasions later in cruise.

short answer: maybe.

Long answer: you won't know until you get on board.  the cards are usually not  available until the back half of the cruise.   our first couple of cruises you saw the buckets  everywhere.   I have not seen one  in years.  once in a while they may post that one bar will run  happy hour special of buy 5, get six or similar.   bets way is to find a bar tender you like and establish a relationship.  

The drink cards normally show up mid cruise if sales are low for that sailing. It’s normally a corporate decision made by someone sitting behind a desk at Royal Caribbean’s Headquarters in Miami, Florida. On some sailings they pop up and on some sailings they don’t. As for buckets of beer on most sailings bar staff are happy to sell it to you.

35 minutes ago, Corby114 said:

The drink cards normally show up mid cruise if sales are low for that sailing. It’s normally a corporate decision made by someone sitting behind a desk at Royal Caribbean’s Headquarters in Miami, Florida. On some sailings they pop up and on some sailings they don’t. As for buckets of beer on most sailings bar staff are happy to sell it to you.

Actually, every ship has its own Revenue Manager.  S/He is in charge of such things.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Actually, every ship has its own Revenue Manager.  S/He is in charge of such things.

Agree, watched a behind the scenes of a Royal sailing the Revenue/Liquor MGR onboard decided all things Liquor sales to meet a Quota on each sailing. What to offer and when, done later into Cruise depending on overall consumption. Ironically 30+ yrs ago I managed a Bar/Rest and was incharge of increasing Liquor sales and decreasing food and Labor costs. Do remember our Liquor costs were 9%, Labor 12% Food 13-18%....Profit Profit Profit  

• On our Dec 1 sailing of Freedom of the Seas, definitely no buckets of beer available for purchase, I know because we asked.  I believe on day 5 we could purchase a drink card good for 10 drinks for around $89.00 plus 18% gratituties, which if you are just going to purchase beer, definitely NOT worth the price.

Also forgot to mention, that a fellow cruiser whom we met on the ship, said that he purchased the drink package for just himself on the first day, not his wife.  I said I thought that each adult travelling in the same state room had to purchase it, to which he said, I just told them that my wife doesn’t drink 😉 and so they let him purchase it just for himself.  He said it was also like only $49 a day plus gratituties.  Do you think they shared it 🤔!  I know for a fact they did, as he even admitted to it.  Definitely not right, just saying! 😡 

I have a quick question about buckets of beer and RCCL. We havent been on RCCL in some time and have 2 cruises planned. Oasis in May and Anthem in November. We recently did 2 Disney cruises and they allowed beer in the state room. I know I cant bring it on like DCL, but rather buy it and leave it in room. This was great for us because we have a 7 and 6 year old. When they got tired and needed a nap, we could sit on the balcony and enjoy a few. I have heard conflicting things about the beer and the stateroom with RCCL. Does anyone have any insight? 

On 12/26/2019 at 12:37 PM, jessed said:

Last month on the Harmony I got a bucket of beer in a nice Royal Caribbean soft sided cooler. $39 plus tip for 5 Buds. Each one after that was $29 something plus tip. You get to keep cooler. 

The coolers are nice but they're hit or miss depending on the ship.

1 hour ago, Clam Chowder said:

I have a quick question about buckets of beer and RCCL. We havent been on RCCL in some time and have 2 cruises planned. Oasis in May and Anthem in November. We recently did 2 Disney cruises and they allowed beer in the state room. I know I cant bring it on like DCL, but rather buy it and leave it in room. This was great for us because we have a 7 and 6 year old. When they got tired and needed a nap, we could sit on the balcony and enjoy a few. I have heard conflicting things about the beer and the stateroom with RCCL. Does anyone have any insight? 

One the first things we do is buy a bucket of beer and put in the fridge.

Also you can bring 12 none alcohol drinks onboarding day for use in your cabin.

Even if you have the unlimited drinks package,it’s handy .

Edited by Chiliburn