Sushi On 5

m8zenblue

Question:

We have dined at Sushi On 5 twice, once on the Reflection for lunch and once on the Silhouette for dinner, very, very good restaurant !

When we had dinner at Sushi On 5 on the Silhouette, our new friends paid for the meal for 4 with their OBC and it was "All Inclusive".

I had always assumed that Sushi On 5 was "A La Carte", please excuse me if I spelled that wrong, they paid one price per person and we ordered lots of items off the menu, we had a starter, appetizer, entree, fresh wasabi, desert and sake.

My question is, it is not advertised, our friends knew about this, does anybody else have knowledge of this "All Inclusive" menu ?

We have eaten at Sushi on Five many times.  Never use it as one of specialty dinners since whenever we have eaten there the bill so always under $30 a person(and a lot more).  And once you eat there you can request a discount for next visit and I have gotten from 20%-30% off.  The "sushi" restaurant on the Edge is much different so I am only speaking about other ships.  We enjoy it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, m8zenblue said:

I had always assumed that Sushi On 5 was "A La Carte", please excuse me if I spelled that wrong,

Strictly speaking, it's "à la carte", with an accent grave on the first word, but the anglicized version is easily understood.

53 minutes ago, dazey said:

We have eaten at Sushi on Five many times.  Never use it as one of specialty dinners since whenever we have eaten there the bill so always under $30 a person(and a lot more).  And once you eat there you can request a discount for next visit and I have gotten from 20%-30% off.  The "sushi" restaurant on the Edge is much different so I am only speaking about other ships.  We enjoy it.

How is it different on The Edge?

We ate lunch there on the Silhouette and thought it was VERY good.  We paid a la carte, but have also heard that they use this restaurant for a wide variety of deals (including all inclusive), probably based on demand and reservations.  Will certainly eat there in the future, but probably only 1x per cruise.

We ate lunch there on the Equinox and it was hands down the best lunch we have ever had.  We were able to get the $30 per person for all you can eat.  They were going around at dinner advertising the special otherwise we would have not known about it.  I would recommend going to the restaurant and asking if they have the special running.  Most likely they will if they restaurant isn't packed.  With the special we were able to order a ton of variety and try just about anything on the menu.  When it came to dessert we were all too full but the server said she was bringing one of everything for us to try anyway!  So of course we had to eat more...  LOL

• Like 1

We would try it on Summit on Sailaway day..if open

Anyone have a link to current menu?

Dh does not do sushi and is allergic to lobster ,   but I recall they had some other choices he might enjoy! 

Otherwise we'll be at the buffet..along with most everyone else!

Every time we sail on the Equinox they approach us in the OVC during the day and try to get us to dine in Sushi on 5.   They will bargain with you,  and have offered us $25 each all you can eat.   My mom does not eat seafood,  or I would have jumped at that offer.

They are open on embarkation day on the Equinox.

1 hour ago, Oville said:

Is Sushi on 5 opened on embankment day?  Thanks

I assume that you mean for lunch on embarkation day since all of the restaurants are open for dinner on embarkation day.  My wife and I were on the Infinity January 13th cruise.  Sushi on 5 was open for embarkation day lunch, even though Tuscan Grill and Qsine (Le Petite Chef) were closed.  However, we had the "dining trio" package (2 specialty dinners and 1 lunch) and we were told that we could not apply the package to the embarkation day lunch since the included lunch had to be on a sea day.  By the way, neither Tuscan Grill nor Qsine were ever open for lunch during that cruise so the package lunch had to be used at Sushi on 5. 

35 minutes ago, actuarian said:

I assume that you mean for lunch on embarkation day since all of the restaurants are open for dinner on embarkation day.  My wife and I were on the Infinity January 13th cruise.  Sushi on 5 was open for embarkation day lunch, even though Tuscan Grill and Qsine (Le Petite Chef) were closed.  However, we had the "dining trio" package (2 specialty dinners and 1 lunch) and we were told that we could not apply the package to the embarkation day lunch since the included lunch had to be on a sea day.  By the way, neither Tuscan Grill nor Qsine were ever open for lunch during that cruise so the package lunch had to be used at Sushi on 5. 

I did mean lunch, thank you.

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

We love Sushi on 5.  We generally share an order of the chicken goyza dumplings and two shrimp tempura rolls.  So the all you can eat wouldn’t work for us.  You can generally always negotiate a discount on the price.

Ah, my favorite two things.  When your on Apex check out the tempura rolls, even better.

8 minutes ago, NinaBlue22 said:

We are considering Raw on 5 for dinner on our Apex cruise. I’m wondering how it works with the magic carpet..does it become part of the restaurant at dinner?

We ate there for 2 dinners last week and we’re never offered the MC but we’re quite happy eating indoors.