Diamond Plus Perk now Taken Away on Anthem!

yogimax

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That only takes one sign to fix - and according to @Merion_Mom that's on the way. Heck, the concierge could make one today.

As I reported, either on this thread or another, the Concierge did on Grandeur toward the end of the 1/4 voyage.  Think it’s pretty clear there will be no more CLs in Royals future.  But I do think the 3 vouchers is a pretty nice perk.  Spoken from one who, if she had 3 alcoholic drinks during Happy Hour, would be either under the table or dancing on it!  Katherine

Edited by Lady Hudson
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I can barely read the C&A level on my card....and I don't really need anyone not employed by RCI checking it out.

Calm down dear... he held out his card in front of me .....whilst trying to pay for the drinks. Kinda gave it away. 

But, strangely tonight there are roped off areas, a sign saying private event and I’ve just been asked for my card when ordering... who says RCI don’t read these boards🤷‍♀️

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So it’s off topic in other threads??  I see it popping up from a few quite often in these threads. Never seems to be related to current topic. So what does the DS stand for (definition)?

Referring to someone as "my DS friend" is not any different than calling them by their name, "Troy". Or, D+++++...to stay on topic. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’m confused again. Suite Lounge on Anthem?

They used the Music Hall as an overflow for the Diamond Lounge.  Diamond Plus were not allowed access to the Concierge Lounge due to to many Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members.  

2 hours ago, Colorado Babe said:

Just got off the Anthem of the Seas. Spent 22 days on her and I can tell you the Music Hall set up was perfect.  No complaints here and the bartender and servers were fantastic.  I am not sure why people are getting upset because both lounges serve the exact same thing.  The Pinnacles who were on board were going down to the Diamond Lounge because it was dead in the suite lounge.  Not sure why some folks are getting upset.

Two  reasons....

1. The wonderful view in the CL.

2. The fact that this another downgrade to the D+ experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

Two  reasons....

1. The wonderful view in the CL.

2. The fact that this another downgrade to the D+ experience.

I agree it is beautiful and yes it is a down grade but IMH it was the only answer since the over crowding in the lounge was not fair to the suite guest.  Yes, I was affected by this change just recently on the 1/5 and 1/16 sailing.  RC did a great job ensuring that all of our needs were met in the Diamond Lounge and I feel they exceeded them.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Calm down dear... he held out his card in front of me .....whilst trying to pay for the drinks. Kinda gave it away. 

But, strangely tonight there are roped off areas, a sign saying private event and I’ve just been asked for my card when ordering... who says RCI don’t read these boards🤷‍♀️

I'm sure it was your post to CC that caused the change.

On 1/27/2020 at 12:33 PM, TYMAN said:

I go in to check if they have Swiss cheese available. I like Swiss cheese. I wanted to make sure folks know I like Swiss cheese and maybe they'll leave me some. 🙂 

Bucky likes his "stinky" cheese.  AKA blue cheese...none to be found in either lounge on Vision right now.  😞 

18 hours ago, davekathy said:

I worked for and retired from the federal government. Old habits are hard to break. 😀

Bucky worked for the federal government for 2 tours in Vietnam...does that count?  LOL...just teasing you my DS friend.  😄  

BTW...no CL for us lowly DS on Vision this week or next week.   😞  DL is tiny and horribly overcrowded...we simply sit on our balcony with glass of wine before dinner.  Not sailing in suite this time, since we adore the huge corner aft JS on Vision class.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Selected term for a group of great posters who contributed to one of the funniest threads ever.

It indeed was a fun thread...went on for quite awhile and we had sooo much fun!  Cheers to you my DS friend.  🙂 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Colorado Babe said:

Just got off the Anthem of the Seas. Spent 22 days on her and I can tell you the Music Hall set up was perfect.  No complaints here and the bartender and servers were fantastic.  I am not sure why people are getting upset because both lounges serve the exact same thing.  The Pinnacles who were on board were going down to the Diamond Lounge because it was dead in the suite lounge.  Not sure why some folks are getting upset.

Currently on second leg of three leg Vision.  D+ are kicked out of the CL on VCL deck. DL is tiny, tiny lounge on deck six, with no overflow.  Way too small for 200 Ds, and over a hundred D+.   We don't go in, have given up on going to a lounge.  

20 Pinnies on board, limited full suites on Vision class.  CL is dead every evening.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1