Diamond Plus Perk now Taken Away on Anthem!

yogimax

1 minute ago, Colorado Babe said:

Not sure why some folks are getting upset.

Thanks for the update, now maybe people will relax in stead of jumping to worst case scenario.

I don't remember seeming any thread praising Royal when they added three drink vouchers or when they added specialty coffee on D and up sea pass cards? . 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Thanks for the update, now maybe people will relax in stead of jumping to worst case scenario.

I don't remember seeming any thread praising Royal when they added three drink vouchers or when they added specialty coffee on D and up sea pass cards? . 

I know.  I did enjoy having the coffee added to my sea pass and it really wasn't necessary.  Every time I went into the lounge for coffee there really wasn't a long line.  Maybe 2 or 3 passengers ahead of me.   

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

I’ve been mentioning this benefits since it was introduced.

We do not generally enjoy the lounges (in the evenings) and were thrilled when the vouchers were added to our cards. Three is one or two too many for us and we have no complaints.  Then of course the benefit was increased to allow the vouchers to be used in dining venues. We often have late dining so we can’t use the drinks in the dining room, but every now and then we select my time dining and can use the benefit. 

And, now on some  ships,  those who enjoy a frozen drink can use two swipes for a frozen drink. (One swipe for the virgin version and one swipe for the alcohol).  

I’ve never been on a sailing that had a  coffee swipe for my card.   That would be great though,   because sometimes the lounge machines are either broken or don’t have decaf

enjoy

m

PS, while I  was not privy to the meetings that created the voucher decision, I suspect the original conversation was to give guests vouchers instead of them going to the lounge. Wonder if  RCCL imagined that  some might enjoy unlimited cocktails in the lounge, and then  additionally use vouchers for three drinks ( alcohol or not) for after happy hours or the next day.   Guests  are creative. 
m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

Just got off the Anthem of the Seas. Spent 22 days on her and I can tell you the Music Hall set up was perfect.  No complaints here and the bartender and servers were fantastic.  I am not sure why people are getting upset because both lounges serve the exact same thing.  The Pinnacles who were on board were going down to the Diamond Lounge because it was dead in the suite lounge.  Not sure why some folks are getting upset.

One lady is upset because she booked to be close to CL because oh husband mobility issues 

33 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

Just got off the Anthem of the Seas. Spent 22 days on her and I can tell you the Music Hall set up was perfect.  No complaints here and the bartender and servers were fantastic.  I am not sure why people are getting upset because both lounges serve the exact same thing.  The Pinnacles who were on board were going down to the Diamond Lounge because it was dead in the suite lounge.  Not sure why some folks are getting upset.

I’m confused again. Suite Lounge on Anthem?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

Actually that is when the conspiracy theories about removing Diamonds from DL began. Lots of threads since

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I’ve been mentioning this benefits since it was introduced.

We do not generally enjoy the lounges (in the evenings) and were thrilled when the vouchers were added to our cards. Three is one or two too many for us and we have no complaints.  Then of course the benefit was increased to allow the vouchers to be used in dining venues. We often have late dining so we can’t use the drinks in the dining room, but every now and then we select my time dining and can use the benefit. 

And, now on some  ships,  those who enjoy a frozen drink can use two swipes for a frozen drink. (One swipe for the virgin version and one swipe for the alcohol).  

I’ve never been on a sailing that had a  coffee swipe for my card.   That would be great though,   because sometimes the lounge machines are either broken or don’t have decaf

enjoy

m

PS, while I  was not privy to the meetings that created the voucher decision, I suspect the original conversation was to give guests vouchers instead of them going to the lounge. Wonder if  RCCL imagined that  some might enjoy unlimited cocktails in the lounge, and then  additionally use vouchers for three drinks ( alcohol or not) for after happy hours or the next day.   Guests  are creative. 
m

FYI — vouchers may only be used during Happy Hour.  

37 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

The drink vouchers occurred late 2013 into mid 2014 if I remember right.  I remember stalking CC as we had a Northern TA in Sept 2014 on the Brilliance and were hoping they’d get the vouchers before we went on it.  If I remember right we got the email about the vouchers just a couple weeks before the sailing and we were so excited.

It was a HUGE deal back then and everyone was continually reporting when ships were going live with the voucher program.

It was probably one of the biggest things that happened to the C&A program since they decided to make Diamond Lounges in 2010.

Empress and now Majesty is only providing 3 drinks on card , during HH times and not providing any open bar drinks And no lounges provided for  d d+ p or concierge or suites  . It is free range with limit of three per card . Many are upset . Captain will not listen to complaints. 

Edited by ssb

3 minutes ago, ssb said:

Empress and now Majesty is only providing 3 drinks on card , during HH times and not providing any d d+ p or concierge or suites lounges . Many are upset . Captain will not listen to complaints. 

So are suite Pax getting the vouchers? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ssb said:

Empress and now Majesty is only providing 3 drinks on card , during HH times and not providing any d d+ p or concierge or suites lounges . Many are upset . Captain will not listen to complaints. 

Not the Captain concern.

Seek out HD or LA

41 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

One lady is upset because she booked to be close to CL because oh husband mobility issues 

I also have mobility issues and am a lot more concerned with getting a cabin near the elevators rather than near the CL.  Makes no sense to me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1