Diamond Plus Perk now Taken Away on Anthem!

yogimax

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Some ships aren't allowing you to take food out now

Which ones. I’ve never taken any cocktail food out (don’t care for most of it) but often take out a breakfast offerings 
thx. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

On 1/25/2020 at 2:26 PM, Bobal said:

It has been for the cruises since Christmas and, to be fair, there have been very high numbers of D+ and P (165 D+ and 33 P on our sailing). We were informed by email around 3 weeks before departure. They are not allowed in this week but next week's cruisers (starting Monday) still haven't received the email so fingers crossed.

Bobal. Are you still on Jewel? Did they continue with suite lounge today? 

Many thanks

I was recently on the Anthem (Jan 5th)  and will shortly be on Serenade for a B2B2B. The email regarding D+ removal from the CL's was sent out every sailing I am on, so while attending the Suite/Pinnacle gathering on the Helipad, I questioned one of the managers. He stated that he had been under the impression that the removal of D+ from the CL was permanent. When I asked why he had come to that conclusion, he seemed uncomfortable, avoided answering and changed the direction of the conversation.  Perhaps, he had said too much.

On 1/25/2020 at 5:51 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I suspect the crew does some behind the back eye rolling.

On 1/25/2020 at 5:56 PM, John&LaLa said:

Why would they do that?

4 hours ago, GarlicBread said:

Thanks for the laugh guys. 

Taking me back to my crew member days, reminding me of that sinking feeling when you saw 'diamond doors' on your schedule. 

On The plus side, I think I found the guy that lectured me for a good 20 minutes about how he was actually Diamond++ and how it really is a thing, I think he got me confused with someone who cared...

See #John&LaLa I told you there was eye rolling going on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Which ones. I’ve never taken any cocktail food out (don’t care for most of it) but often take out a breakfast offerings 
thx. 

m

I don't think they are as concerned with what people do during breakfast as they are during evening happy hour.

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Why would anyone think otherwise?

I wonder if they are sending the letter out on every cruise regardless of numbers. It is the ice breaker for getting people ready for the permanence of the change until they can make new Suite Lounge signs to replace the old CL signs.

• Like 3

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder if they are sending the letter out on every cruise regardless of numbers. It is the ice breaker for getting people ready for the permanence of the change.

My thoughts exactly.  RC taking baby steps toward an overhaul.

• Like 2

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder if they are sending the letter out on every cruise regardless of numbers. It is the ice breaker for getting people ready for the permanence of the change.

I think that was established about a month ago when it seems every ship was getting the letters - all the early "D+ getting kicked out of the CL" threads were deleted by the mods for some reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, frank808 said:

Were you a room steward?  Just wondering what diamond doors mean.  As a D+ with over 350 points I don't refer to myself as D++. 

Diamond doors is a shift we have, usually when theres an overflow and there's someone at the door physically checking cards to allow people in. 

Usually done by cruise, sports and youth staff and some supervisors. 

It's a hoot. 

38 minutes ago, GarlicBread said:

Diamond doors is a shift we have, usually when theres an overflow and there's someone at the door physically checking cards to allow people in. 

It's a hoot. 

I've seen crew doing this duty shift many times.  

Has the change to tiny font made that job harder?  🤣

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I think that was established about a month ago when it seems every ship was getting the letters - all the early "D+ getting kicked out of the CL" threads were deleted by the mods for some reason.

And I'm surprised that this one is still open (and going strong😇)

Ellen who will be enjoying her first $18 per day drink package in a few weeks

Edited by molly361
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't think they are as concerned with what people do during breakfast as they are during evening happy hour.

It would be better to put up a sign saying 'Don't take every single piece of prosciutto from a new tray of meats'

Same with strawberries 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, GarlicBread said:

It's a hoot. 

Youth staff are the best. Probably because they are used to dealing with children. I've noticed that when they man the ropes in the theaters

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We have been on Anthem 3 times and have had access to cl lounge on the first 2. We thought it was a long walk and since we do not drink I only went for morning coffee. Now we no longer book a room on deck 12. In 2 weeks we are on deck 10 and will enjoy music hall this is a much better place to meet and a lot closer to dining options.

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I saw that happen on Serenade but it was the Blue Cheese. I was Scolded by one gentleman for taking his Blue Cheese. 

To funny. 

Reminds me of a thread on here a few yesrs back about no Brie in the lounge

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

It would be better to put up a sign saying 'Don't take every single piece of prosciutto from a new tray of meats'

Same with strawberries 

Too me it's the Swiss. Can you save me a slice or two? 

Anyway, we have our DR Waiters bring out cheese plates prior to dinner to make up for it. 🙂

Edited by TYMAN

10 minutes ago, TYMAN said:

Too me it's the Swiss. Can you save me a slice or two? 

Anyway, we have our DR Waiters bring out cheese plates prior to dinner to make up for it. 🙂

It sounds like we have prosciutto, strawberry, and cheese hogs. These same people would be the first to complain about chair hogs. Lol

In my opinion. 

• Haha 5