Diamond Plus Perk now Taken Away on Anthem!

yogimax

3 minutes ago, GMoney said:

Absolutely nothing. Cheap swill, rubbery cheese, inedible hors d'oeuvres. 

But dammit, I'm entitled to have a choice of where I enjoy my cheap swill, rubbery cheese and inedible hors d'oeuvres! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, twangster said:

There is Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle.  There is no such level as D++.  Cruise lines have 4, 5 or 6 levels.  Why should Royal add a 7th level?   All cruise lines have a large gap between the second highest level and the highest level.

It seems like some people are so focused on status and not the benefits.  In reality 350 and 525 do receive additional benefits so who cares if they don't have fancy marketing names assigned to them to show to your friends?  Call it "Purple," with the same benefits.  Feel better?  Nothing has changed.

No one has purchased CAS.  You purchased a cruise like the folks in the cabin next door who have never cruised before.  It's a free loyalty program, nothing more.  They "owe" you nothing but are quite generous in what they do provide especially starting at Diamond and above. 

It's a free loyalty program, not an entitlement.  

Settle down...it really bugs you doesn't it? Are you a gold member? You seem overly obsessed with something that does not pertain to you. It is not free by any stretch of the imagination. There are a ton of folks who sell their soul to get to the Diamond level and it costs them. 

340 points is an unidentified level with a couple benefits.  A few years ago they created Emerald level, now that was a waste. Time to jettison it and in its place identify the D++ level. As I said before, it is a status level...No strives to be employee of the month for the plaque. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Settle down...it really bugs you doesn't it? Are you a gold member? You seem overly obsessed with something that does not pertain to you. It is not free by any stretch of the imagination. There are a ton of folks who sell their soul to get to the Diamond level and it costs them. 

340 points is an unidentified level with a couple benefits.  A few years ago they created Emerald level, now that was a waste. Time to jettison it and in its place identify the D++ level. As I said before, it is a status level...No strives to be employee of the month for the plaque. 

Totally free program, at least it is for me.   

At least we agree on the bolded text.  

I'm pre-gold, in spirit.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

The only opinion that really counts is Royals and seeing how their ships sail at capacity and they are enjoying record profits, they seem to know what they are doing.

Its all cyclical. This is part of the issue, cruising is currently doing well however 10 years ago they were treading water...sailing ships empty, giving away cabins. The stock in 2009 was at 6 bucks. Very easily another cycle can hit them and their increased fleet. They will come crying for their base and it wont be the millennials who are up to their ears in debt and living in their parents basement I can assure you of this. 

Edited by rolloman
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Some people around here started using the designation and now it is almost as if they believe the level exists.

It is a point of reference. Nothing more, nothing less. Truth be known, Royal created it by adding benefits at the reference level coined D++.

Edited by rolloman

3 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Its all cyclical. This is part of the issue, cruising is currently doing well however 10 years ago they were treading water...sailing ships empty, giving away cabins. The stock in 2009 was under 6 bucks. Very easily another cycle can hit them and their increased fleet. They will come crying for their base and it wont be the millennials who are up their ears in debt and living in their parents basement I can assure you of this. 

Right, it will be any one with enough money to pay the reduced fares at the time, including millennials who have no mortgage since they are living in their parents basements.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Right, it will be any one with enough money to pay the reduced fares at the time, including millennials who have no mortgage since they are living in their parents basements.

Adding you to ignore... seems you want to play games like the other guy. I have been on here (including when it was an AOL chatroom) for 20  years...only had 2 on ignore...after this weekend it is up to 4. Oh well....anyways this is my last post in this thread. Good luck to all...hopefully Royal will take into consideration some of the key points discussed in this thread. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

But dammit, I'm entitled to have a choice of where I enjoy my cheap swill, rubbery cheese and inedible hors d'oeuvres! 🤣🤣🤣

Not for anything but Anthem had some tasty snacks in December.  The cosmos were made perfectly and were quite good.  Of course, I do enjoy a drink I don’t have to mix myself😀

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

Hmmm, if I move into their basement then I'd really be able to afford to rack up the cruise points.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Adding you to ignore... seems you want to play games like the other guy. I have been on here (including when it was an AOL chatroom) for 20  years...only had 2 on ignore...after this weekend it is up to 4.

Wondering who the 4th guy is...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, bigeck said:

I see your point, but that only works out for new cruisers that cruise in a suite. The suite people will spend around 250k for that benefit doing the same amount of cruises

I have spent at least that much on our cruises with Royal for our family of 3.  We tend to cruise in suites but when it is just the wife and it has been everything from insides to suites.  Just depends on what we feel what is a good value. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, rolloman said:

(I got the privilege of becoming Emerald for 2 cruises instead of becoming Diamond as I originally planned. Eventually, they had to let me become a Diamond, since I kept on racking up all the extra nights vs the old point system (haha... they will not keep me from raising my C&A status).

I certainly could benefit from the 340 level, since that is where they lower the single supplement to 150%. I also would love the "Bonus Gift" and "upgraded bathroom amenities". What is that anyway? Do they give 2-ply toilet paper (I have been known to sneak a a few good rolls TP onto the ship from time to time).  

2 hours ago, rolloman said:

Keep in mind when I say D++ I am referring to guests who have well over 300 points.  As you know, D+  begins at 175 points and its not easy for a family who does not live near a port. To add to my point. Royal will not even acknowledge 340-699 guests with a title lol... We are just out there. A self imposed title was created called pineapple and I was once given a pin. 

I have had to fly across the pacific for every cruise I have taken.  Dont even want to count what I have spent for flights, car service, rental cars and pre cruise hotels for our cruises.  

But I have enjoyed every cruise and am lucky to be able to cruise 60+ days a year.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yenom said:

************** BELATED NOTICE ******************

I'm thinking that I should have posted this notice a long time ago. A notice that I'm finally graduating to D+ after my upcoming B2B. Why you ask? Because they booted regular Diamonds out of the CL's right before the cruise that I became Diamond. Sorry to all the D+ members out there. If I ever get close to becoming a Pinnacle, I'll try posting sooner and delay my promotion to Pinnacle status as long as possible. The only way that I ever have and probably ever will see the inside of any of the CL's is when I book a suite. I like the CL as a suite perk, but it usually isn't worth the money to upgrade to a suite. 

Respectfully posted with a little jest.

P.S. - Am I missing something? What is so special about the CL? Is it something about the actual space or the free drinks and food? Whenever I see a thread similar to this, I start getting a serious case of FOMO.

So now we know who to blame for losing access to the CL 😉!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, twangster said:

This is why I don't go to the diamond lounge anymore. Im 22 and on 120 nights, because all I do is go when it is SUPER CHEAP for my partner and I. Yes I still live at home, its normal here in Australia to not move out until university is finished. I work part time at a supermarket whilst studying full time, pay a (small) rent to my parents and am able to afford to cruise or go away 2 or 3 times a year. 

Yet I enter the diamond lounge and am instantly questioned by people as if I have no right to be there when I do just as much as them. I've even had people tell the concierge that we "snuck in there" only for them to be very embarrassed when I show them I am in fact, diamond too. I've had people quiz me on the fleets, quiz me on the rooms, like only a "superfan" or something is allowed to be diamond??? Or that I've somehow lied my way there??? Not sure what the implication is. I've had people tell me I am "very lucky that my parents put this money up for me", when it comes from my hard earned money. 

Rant over lol. Just always bothers me, I have as much right to be there as you guys. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You took the time to actually read that font?

Why not? Sitting in aruba at Lucy's bar and grill eating a burger with Serenade across the water.  Got in at 430pm and wanted to get a flame grilled burger.  After 15 nights on Serenade, eating burgers in windjammer, I was craving a burger cooked with a flame!

• Like 2