Diamond Plus Perk now Taken Away on Anthem!

yogimax

19 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Clearly the change has no effect on you. Great.  However, please keep in mind this is an open forum to discuss all things cruising. This forum is also monitored by the cruise line and discussions similar to this have paid dividends in the past. That being said,  It just so happens this thread is about D+ benefits going to the wayside. I am pretty sure everyone is aware the benefits can change at any time just as I am even more sure my cruise line of choice can change at anytime. 

I agree Royal reads these threads. Royal also listens. Suite Guest are complaining about some issues in the SL and CL. They are listening. Thank you a Royal. 

Suggesting some D+ have access to the SL is beyond imagination. 

If everyone would read the T&C’s beforehand, these changes might not seem so drastic. Change is inevitable. 

In my opinion 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Not if you have the drink package. CL/SL may not have a draft beer or the drink of choice. I’ve never found a SL or CL that after the first day, wouldn’t come up with our alcohol of choice if we had the drink package. Another advantage of getting the drink package. Every SL I have been in stock Tito’s. It’s not on the list. So why do they stock?  

But you comment was about adding Bud Light to the free list and the fact that Blue Moon is available but not listed. 🤔

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

I agree Royal reads these threads. Royal also listens. Suite Guest are complaining about some issues in the SL and CL. They are listening. Thank you a Royal. 

Suggesting some D+ have access to the SL is beyond imagination. 

If everyone would read the T&C’s beforehand, these changes might not seem so drastic. Change is inevitable. 

In my opinion 

No more beyond imagination than your earlier suggestions that some P's have access to SL😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

No more beyond imagination than your earlier suggestions that some P's have access to SL😉

Please lets not forget his recent imaginative suggestion to remove D+ altogether. It seems in his mind the only one allowed to be "creative" with their suggestions is him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DoctorRN said:

To be fair, so have I. The time when it is a real issue is on Transatlantic cruises when there can be >1500 D and above. 

And RCI can deal with those on an as needed basis. No need to reinvent a program that works fine for the majority of cruises that are not TAs.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Please lets not forget his recent imaginative suggestion to remove D+ altogether. It seems in his mind the only one allowed to be "creative" with their suggestions is him. 

That's not unimaginative, its radical.

What M8 is referring to is breaking one tier into sub groups based on total points

• Thanks 1

Pinnacles can also face changes on certain elite heavy cruises so Royal isn't targeting D+, they are taking action as CAS membership levels continue to rapidly grow.  

D+ restrictions to the CLs before 2020 were done on a case by case basis.  As CAS numbers have grown it's reached the point those occasional temporary changes need to become permanent across the fleet.

The changes that P face may become permanent at some future point.  

The CAS is evolving as more and more people enjoy it's success.  Twenty years from now will look a whole lot different compared to today.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Which do you think would happen first?  Limiting some P’s access to SL or adding some D+ access. Didn’t Royal already do some limit in some ways P’s on last Presidents Cruise?  I thought they did something to limit the Pinnacle Creep from SL to CK.  

You really believe some D+ will be granted access to SL based on points?  I don’t. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

15 minutes ago, twangster said:

The CAS is evolving as more and more people enjoy it's success.  

I would just add that RCI should be very thankful for the people who have made the C&A program such a success. We are a good part of the reason that the executives in the company can be compensated to the extent that they are.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Pipe dream. Not going to happen. 

Sorry 

In my opinion 

For us on our last 4 RC cruises we went into the DL twice only in total during HH and prefer using our 3 free drinks each in a bar or in the speciality restaurants.

Last cruise for the first time in several D+ cruises we went into the CL during HH.

The SL/CK on Oasis class looks appealing to book a suite for access but the current CLs do not.

If a D++ at 340 points was an option for access to SL/CK we would fast track by booking JS every cruise for double points to achieve this but currently there is no incentive and other cruiselines look interesting.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

For us on our last 4 RC cruises we went into the DL twice only in total during HH and prefer using our 3 free drinks each in a bar.

Same here. I never go to the lounge during happy hour and I rarely use all 3 drink vouchers. I am just not much of a drinker. I do make some day trips to the lounge to get coffee and I like getting a light breakfast in there.

• Like 2

It will be interesting to see what might occur with Quantum class CLs.  

Oasis class SL offers beer & wine 11am to 11pm.  Quantum class CL hasn't been able since it has been open to D+.  

Once Quantum class CLs are converted to SLs perhaps they can expand the Sky and Star Class SL product to match the Oasis class Sky and Star Class product and offer the same beer & wine 11am to 11pm.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Same here. I never go to the lounge during happy hour and I rarely use all 3 drink vouchers. I am just not much of a drinker. I do make some day trips to the lounge to get coffee and I like getting a light breakfast in there.

I like to call in during the day for a coffee and Pauline has a hot chocolate but have never called in for breakfast as I always get a hot room service breakfast to eat on our balcony.

15 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Which do you think would happen first?  Limiting some P’s access to SL or adding some D+ access. Didn’t Royal already do some limit in some ways P’s on last Presidents Cruise?  I thought they did something to limit the Pinnacle Creep from SL to CK.  

You really believe some D+ will be granted access to SL based on points?  I don’t. 

Yes, but thete mas no magic line, and that is what you were referring to. 

Top 25 pins by points as I recall

The changes to CK, not SL, were for ALL Pins. 

I don't believe point heavy D+++ will be admitted to SL

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I would just add that RCI should be very thankful for the people who have made the C&A program such a success. We are a good part of the reason that the executives in the company can be compensated to the extent that they are.

I believe they are. 

2 hours ago, DoctorRN said:

Bobal, is removal of D+ from CL permanent on Jewel? We are sailing on 17/2 and 24/2. Have emailed the concierge asking but they have not replied.

It has been for the cruises since Christmas and, to be fair, there have been very high numbers of D+ and P (165 D+ and 33 P on our sailing). We were informed by email around 3 weeks before departure. They are not allowed in this week but next week's cruisers (starting Monday) still haven't received the email so fingers crossed.

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Breakfast in CK is really nice.

That was one thing I missed on Birthday Cruise.

We had a lovely alternative in Chops, but it was sad seeing CK empty every morning.

I guess Suite peeps don't eat early

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, twangster said:

It will be interesting to see what might occur with Quantum class CLs.  

Oasis class SL offers beer & wine 11am to 11pm.  Quantum class CL hasn't been able since it has been open to D+.  

Once Quantum class CLs are converted to SLs perhaps they can expand the Sky and Star Class SL product to match the Oasis class Sky and Star Class product and offer the same beer & wine 11am to 11pm.  

I think that's an Oasis thing because SL and CK are attached.  Do Odyssey deck plans list a CL?

How about new Anthem plans🤔

18 hours ago, LorraineP said:

The tone of the "oh well" Pinnacles would undoubtedly change! 

DEFINITELY

I was going to say this site is cracking me up.  All the people with the "oh well" and "ship happens" comments of course are now in a level where these changes don't bother them.  Of course some of the same people were all pissed off many years ago when Diamond were kicked out of the CL and before a DL was created.  Funny how getting to P makes a difference to some.  Here's an idea give better discounts on drink package and create a standard price so people know in advance what and actual sale price is and none of this matters anymore.  

They are still a company and out to make money.  They don't actually "care" about anyone, why would they.  Sure they want people to come back more and more but they don't "owe" any of us anything.  Is changing what is promised without being clear crappy, sure.  Could they of done it better, probably. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, nivek82 said:

I was going to say this site is cracking me up.  All the people with the "oh well" and "ship happens" comments of course are now in a level where these changes don't bother them.  Of course some of the same people were all pissed off many years ago when Diamond were kicked out of the CL and before a DL was created.  Funny how getting to P makes a difference to some.  Here's an idea give better discounts on drink package and create a standard price so people know in advance what and actual sale price is and none of this matters anymore.  

They are still a company and out to make money.  They don't actually "care" about anyone, why would they.  Sure they want people to come back more and more but they don't "owe" any of us anything.  Is changing what is promised without being clear crappy, sure.  Could they of done it better, probably. 

Exactly. 

14 minutes ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

It's been a while but didn't D get a Specialty Restaurant BOGO first night only at one time.  @John&LaLa posted perx and it isn't listed anymore.

Always D+ as far as I can recall

I remember looking forward to it.

Some will say BOGO got devalued with FNDR, and then later with Chops+1

I also like the $6 free spin in lieu of the 3 spin to win coins. Some changes are good

Edited by John&LaLa

Sounds like a pretty easy fix here. Since all of you are the best and most loyal customers there are, just purchase continue to purchase suite rooms. What a culture Royal has created here. They have addressed a growing problem in that many loyalty tiers aren't as rare as they used to be by giving people drink vouchers. Yet people, act like Royal ran over their dog with that decision.

Comparatively, I've watched as over the years, lounge access has been removed from many hotels. People will complain and write to the CEO. Quite frankly, they don't need to offer it. Travel is booming, and they will sell at or near capacity without having to give away tons of expensive food and alcohol to a bunch of gluttons. Large big city hotels are a value proposition in their own. It's a nice perk when you get it, but I've learned to manage without it.

You'd also be surprised how much extra the average person often spends in their pursuit of "free" stuff. I mean heck, a bunch of people are talking about jumping to Yacht Club. Many people would be surprised that there exists other experiences that you could even purchase what you want, when you want it, and even save money vs the "free" stuff. The obsession over single prices often isn't giving you your best price anyway.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2