Diamond Plus Perk now Taken Away on Anthem!

yogimax

2 minutes ago, rolloman said:

You keep believing that. However you are the exception and not the rule.  My personal example, I have almost 100 cruises completed.  I used to sail NCL.  I will no longer sail NCL.  Among other things, their loyalty program is horrible. There is no incentive for me to sail with them. My cruise lines of choice are Celebrity, RCCL and Carnival. All three are my choice because of the loyalty program. If RCCL today , did way with their loyalty program or made it similar to NCL , believe me, it would drastically negatively effect their bottom line. They seem to be slowly removing perks. In return I am slowly moving away. The past several years Celebrity and Carnival have seen a major uptick in my 4-5 cruises I book each year. New cruise lines such as Virgin are coming into the fold. Disney and Princess are ramping up their fleet. All I can say is be careful how you treat your base of loyal members RCCL.

If the overall experience including CAS doesn't work for you then go.  However based on the rapidly increasing CAS numbers I suspect I am in the majority of people who are staying.   

With every change in product and CAS I re-evaluate my choices.  So far Royal checks enough boxes to remain on top for me even when I didn't have access to a CL.    

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Nor did the port authority make a separate line for the Key to replace it when it was introduced. 

FWIW, I boarded Mariner on Monday and there was no signage whatsoever outside of the terminal.

Once inside there was Suites/Pinnacle, everybody else, and expedited arrival (I think that was for those who checked in online)

2 hours ago, Bobal said:

It has been for the cruises since Christmas and, to be fair, there have been very high numbers of D+ and P (165 D+ and 33 P on our sailing). We were informed by email around 3 weeks before departure. They are not allowed in this week but next week's cruisers (starting Monday) still haven't received the email so fingers crossed.

Thanks, If you are on next week and there is any change, please let me know.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes, but thete mas no magic line, and that is what you were referring to. 

Top 25 pins by points as I recall

The changes to CK, not SL, were for ALL Pins. 

I don't believe point heavy D+++ will be admitted to SL

Yes. I suggested on some top heavy cruises, the number of P’s should be limited access to SL/CK. I don’t know what the manageable number is. I suggested top 25 P’s. Maybe the number is 50. Don’t know. Maybe it’s more. Royal seems to be very interested in what we as Suite Guest have to say. Otherwise, they wouldn’t be asking us why we haven’t been back. I believe Royal is fully aware of ones onboard spending. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Same here. I never go to the lounge during happy hour and I rarely use all 3 drink vouchers. I am just not much of a drinker. I do make some day trips to the lounge to get coffee and I like getting a light breakfast in there.

Why not just save money and book a Suite if you desire access to SL/CK. You would enjoy it. Probably cheaper than fast tracking and a better experience. 

2 hours ago, frank808 said:

Listing DL access as D and then CL access as a perk of D+ presents a choice by royal.  I know that they can change the terms and CONDITIONS as it is their program and we are just members.  Well just take away access to CL for D+. 

This is where I have a problem.  CL access is still LISTED as a perk for D+.  Dont list it as a perk and then send out letters to passengers on myany US sailings stating to enhance our cruise you get a coffee and loss of use of CL.  

Doesn’t CL access have an * ?  It says “select” ships. I guess you’re not on the “select” ship. And at the bottom of the same page you are looking at is the T&C’s. No promises broken. 

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Probably not but I wonder if RC introduce a Key+ at a high price to include CL access and a key++ for CK entry while booting out JS and even Pinnacle from CK then a key+++ at a very high price for SL access and boot out Pinnacle to a Loyalty Lounge only.

We all know the terms and conditions and anything is possible with RC.

Great idea. Your D+ friends will not think too kindly of your suggestion. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

1 hour ago, rolloman said:

You keep believing that. However you are the exception and not the rule.  My personal example, I have almost 100 cruises completed.  I used to sail NCL.  I will no longer sail NCL.  Among other things, their loyalty program is horrible. There is no incentive for me to sail with them. My cruise lines of choice are Celebrity, RCCL and Carnival. All three are my choice because of the loyalty program. If RCCL today , did way with their loyalty program or made it similar to NCL , believe me, it would drastically negatively effect their bottom line. They seem to be slowly removing perks. In return I am slowly moving away. The past several years Celebrity and Carnival have seen a major uptick in my 4-5 cruises I book each year. New cruise lines such as Virgin are coming into the fold. Disney and Princess are ramping up their fleet. All I can say is be careful how you treat your base of loyal members RCCL.

Am I the only one that thinks it’s sad that people with sail or not sail a certain line due to free stuff? Free stuff that’s worth pennies compared to the money spent on the actual cruise. 

And really long term cruisers really aren’t the ones they want anyway. They want the new cruiser that will book excursions through the ship, buy the photo packages, the drink packages and all the other little extras that someone that has sailed dozens of times won’t spend money on. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Doesn’t CL access have an * ?  It says “select” ships. I guess you’re not on the “select” ship. And at the bottom of the same page you are looking at is the T&C’s. No promises broken. 

Why not just say access for D+ in suite lounge on select ships?  Then send out letters that say to enhance your cruise access will be restricted? In your mind it would be fine to promise and not deliver because you have an exclusion.  Right to do it to customers, yes, but it leaves customers upset.

Problem is almost all US sailings as of Jan 10th have banned CL access to D+.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Suite peeps would be up in arms as well

In my opinion

It’s not a perk for Suites like C&A.It’s an Amenity that comes with the price of booking a Suite. Lots of difference and we don’t have the same T&C’s as C&A. I would have thought you would have known this as you cruise so much with all types of cabins. Why would you spend the extra dollars for a Star Class cabin on a TA if you didn’t think it could be an issue as you are P. ????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Why not just say access for D+ in suite lounge on select ships?  Then send out letters that say to enhance your cruise access will be restricted? In your mind it would be fine to promise and not deliver because you have an exclusion.  Right to do it to customers, yes, but it leaves customers upset.

Problem is almost all US sailings as of Jan 10th have banned CL access to D+.

Why not just stay in a Suite and not worrying about it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s not a perk for Suites like C&A.It’s an Amenity that comes with the price of booking a Suite. Lots of difference and we don’t have the same T&C’s as C&A. I would have thought you would have known this as you cruise so much with all types of cabins. Why would you spend the extra dollars for a Star Class cabin on a TA if you didn’t think it could be an issue as you are P. ????

So, Royal boots the Pins from CK/SL to allow Super Key folks, and overload the space, and that wouldn't irritate you🤔

• Like 1

Just now, John&LaLa said:

So, Royal boots the Pins from CK/SL to allow Super Key folks, and overload the space, and that wouldn't irritate you🤔

Where did I say that?  If you interpret Graham’s idea as my support, just not true. I believe Royal is a revenue producing company and they should look at all means to increase revenue. 

9 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Where did I say that?  If you interpret Graham’s idea as my support, just not true. I believe Royal is a revenue producing company and they should look at all means to increase revenue. 

In post 261 you said it was a great idea to sell access to CK/SL, did you not🤔

Edited by John&LaLa

24 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Like Royal Up they could have a 

Key Up where people could bid for things like CL access,CK access and SL access.

The DL as a loyalty lounge with a guaranteed overflow when overcrowded would not be included.

Edited by grapau27