Diamond Plus Perk now Taken Away on Anthem!

yogimax

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Who exactly told you that you had a “CHOICE “. I assume you’re referring to the CL and DL. Did they also tell you on “select ships” or show you the Terms & Conditions that clearly in writing state that Royal may make ANY changes at ANY time and there is not much you can do about it???

Listing DL access as D and then CL access as a perk of D+ presents a choice by royal.  I know that they can change the terms and CONDITIONS as it is their program and we are just members.  Well just take away access to CL for D+. 

This is where I have a problem.  CL access is still LISTED as a perk for D+.  Dont list it as a perk and then send out letters to passengers on myany US sailings stating to enhance our cruise you get a coffee and loss of use of CL.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes, but thete mas no magic line, and that is what you were referring to. 

Top 25 pins by points as I recall

The changes to CK, not SL, were for ALL Pins. 

I don't believe point heavy D+++ will be admitted to SL

Probably not but I wonder if RC introduce a Key+ at a high price to include CL access and a key++ for CK entry while booting out JS and even Pinnacle from CK then a key+++ at a very high price for SL access and boot out Pinnacle to a Loyalty Lounge only.

We all know the terms and conditions and anything is possible with RC.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

As mentioned up thread they list the honor bar so that's proof positive that Royal isn't the quickest to update the website and I still find reference to refer a friend even though that's gone.

Molly just joined.  She needs time to get her house in order.  That likely includes a full review not just cherry picking individual changes and updating only those.  In her shoes i'd do the same, if we are updating documentation let's make sure everything is current and relevant.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

It's been a while but didn't D get a Specialty Restaurant BOGO first night only at one time.  @John&LaLa posted perx and it isn't listed anymore.

Every list of coupons I've seen lately has included this.

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Probably not but I wonder if RC introduce a Key+ at a high price to include CL access and a key++ for CK entry while booting out JS and even Pinnacle from CK then a key+++ at a very high price for SL access and boot out Pinnacle to a Loyalty Lounge only.

Always a possibility 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I think that's an Oasis thing because SL and CK are attached.  Do Odyssey deck plans list a CL?

How about new Anthem plans🤔

On Anthem deck plans CL is listed deck 12 through April 24, 2022. About time they update their deck plans so people know it’s no longer a CL but a SL. 

40 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I think that's an Oasis thing because SL and CK are attached.  Do Odyssey deck plans list a CL?

How about new Anthem plans🤔

I was surprised when Odyssey plans showed a CL.  Different deck even so not a copy/paste error.  

Of course they won't update Anthem's deck plan before announcing it or else there would be sixty new threads about it on each form of social media.

9 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Sounds like a pretty easy fix here. Since all of you are the best and most loyal customers there are, just purchase continue to purchase suite rooms.

Thank you for this truly ingenious idea! You're right, D+ should book a full suite to get back a perk that they are supposed to already have! 

We do book suites occasionally on the Oasis class for CK and SL access. CK and SL isn't the question here. The CL is the topic of discussion and it is already a benefit that Diamond Plus have, now RC is saying they can't use that benefit. 

They're replacing all CL with SL? Fine, that has been addressed years ago. Sly and crappy move by Royal to avoid backlash from C&A? Yes. 

Bottom line, all of the CL will eventually be converted into SL. Leave CL access alone until then for those who have booked ships with CL access due to better locations, views, concierges, what have you, until it is converted. They created the tiers and loyalty program, deal with results. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Every list of coupons I've seen lately has included this.

@John&LaLa post 141.  It's not there.

I'm pretty sure it was there back then because I recall we'd not pursue it because it was first night only.  Too much to do, check out and luggage wasn't necessarily delivered in time.  Of course. we'd check to see if it could be used on another night and sometimes we could (a couple of times)  But @John&LaLa, this was before FNDR.  My thinking is that the D perx may have gone away when they created FNDR because it was the same.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

They're replacing all CL with SL? Fine, that has been addressed years ago. Sly and crappy move by Royal to avoid backlash from C&A? Yes. 

Bottom line, all of the CL will eventually be converted into SL. Leave CL access alone until then for those who have booked ships with CL access due to better locations, views, concierges, what have you, until it is converted. They created the tiers and loyalty program, deal with results. 

Well said!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

They created the tiers and loyalty program, deal with results. 

They are, by limiting access on a case by case basis until they can order new signage and make it official.   That's why emails are being sent out.

An undertaking to rebrand the remaining CLs isn't done with a flick of a finger.  It's likely a program with a project manager with an established and approved budget that went through many meetings and discussions as it ran up the executive chain for approvals.  Each venue had to be reviewed for new signage and changes to the card readers determined.  That all takes time but I'm confident we'll see the results soon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Thank you for this truly ingenious idea! You're right, D+ should book a full suite to get back a perk that they are supposed to already have! 

We do book suites occasionally on the Oasis class for CK and SL access. CK and SL isn't the question here. The CL is the topic of discussion and it is already a benefit that Diamond Plus have, now RC is saying they can't use that benefit. 

I agree.

The current CLs usually in inside areas with no outside views have not appealed to us and until our last cruise we have not used during HH I would not book a suite for access.

The Suite benefits on Oasis class are far superior to the current CL based ships.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

For us on our last 4 RC cruises we went into the DL twice only in total during HH and prefer using our 3 free drinks each in a bar or in the speciality restaurants.

Last cruise for the first time in several D+ cruises we went into the CL during HH.

The SL/CK on Oasis class looks appealing to book a suite for access but the current CLs do not.

If a D++ at 340 points was an option for access to SL/CK we would fast track by booking JS every cruise for double points to achieve this but currently there is no incentive and other cruiselines look interesting.

We were on Allure Jan 12 and spent time at Trellis Bar using voucher.  Bartender Kendra is very personable and engaging.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

They are, by limiting access on a case by case basis until they can order new signage and make it official.   That's why emails are being sent out.

An undertaking to rebrand the remaining CLs isn't done with a flick of a finger.  It's likely a program with a project manager with an established and approved budget that went through many meetings and discussions as it ran up the executive chain for approvals.  Each venue had to be reviewed for new signage and changes to the card readers determined.  That all takes time but I'm confident we'll see the results soon.

I think five years since Liberty's was converted in 2015 would be sufficient, twangster. I'm sure they appreciate your blind loyalty, but you're in the minority on your opinion that they handled this the right way. You have made it clear that it doesn't affect you. It does affect others. Thank you for your opinion again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

We were on Allure Jan 12 and spent time at Trellis Bar using voucher.  Bartender Kendra is very personable and engaging.

On Harmony and Allure we sat in Central Park during HH and got our drinks from the Trellis bar.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

On our Symphony B2B October 2019 we also enjoyed HH at the Trellis bar. Will again enjoy HH there on our 3 Oasis cruises this year. Booked balcony on deck 8 for that reason & the cafe, specialty restaurants & just enjoying the tranquil setting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Breakfast in CK is really nice.

That was one thing I missed on Birthday Cruise.

We had a lovely alternative in Chops, but it was sad seeing CK empty every morning.

I guess Suite peeps don't eat early

After reading all the post in this thread. Could you imagine  the uproar if these people  were on the last Presidents /50th Birthday  cruise. We went down to the entertainment  venue one night and turned right around and decided to sit in the promenade it was a total zoo down there.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rolloman said:

Aside from the  C lounge removal, I can tell you the biggest recent D+ perk to be taken away...priority entrance into the terminal. I wonder what will be next? 

This was NEVER a C&A perk. Certain ports did this on their own. Corporate stepped in and told them to put a stop to it. Priority check in and boarding is a listed perk NOT security screening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

On our Symphony B2B October 2019 we also enjoyed HH at the Trellis bar. Will again enjoy HH there on our 3 Oasis cruises this year. Booked balcony on deck 8 for that reason & the cafe, specialty restaurants & just enjoying the tranquil setting. 

+1.

We had deck 8 balcony too which was perfect for Central Park.

2 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

I think five years since Liberty's was converted in 2015 would be sufficient, twangster. I'm sure they appreciate your blind loyalty, but you're in the minority on your opinion that they handled this the right way. You have made it clear that it doesn't affect you. It does affect others. Thank you for your opinion again. 

The right way would have been to have dealt with this before having to send out so many emails but CAS was leaderless for several months so I'm giving them a pass on that.  

It's a loyalty program, not unlike other loyalty programs in concept.  All loyalty programs make changes and some members react with "I'll never fly this airline again!" only to come back and fly that airline.  Why?  Because they are there for more than the loyalty program, they are there for the product.  

When I was Diamond with Delta I could book an award ticket for family and we would all get upgraded to first class.  One year they changed that because it was consuming too many seats so other revenue passengers were missing their upgrades.  In the bigger picture they were right even though I missed having that perk.  I continued to fly Delta.  

I cruise because I like to cruise.  CAS is icing on top of that but not why I cruise Royal.  I like the product.  I was "hurt" at first from this change but when I looked at it really didn't change the equation for me.  When I got over my hurt and looked at it with open eyes the DL changes were fine for my needs.  I wasn't going to let this ruin a cruise for me so I got over it and moved on.  

The CAS perks make a great cruise experience even greater and at the end of the day it still works for me.  In the bigger picture they are right making this change even if it has impacted me.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

This was NEVER a C&A perk. Certain ports did this on their own. Corporate stepped in and told them to put a stop to it. Priority check in and boarding is a listed perk NOT security screening. 

Fake news. The port authority does not randomly create perks.  Rather, they were under direction from corporate at some point in time and then were told to cease once corporate decided to change the rules. 

27 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Nail on the head!  It's relatively peaceful.  A couple of nights not all of the seats (at bar or tables) were taken.  The landscape. That's my thinking about breakfast in WJ (with exception of Radiance class with outdoor seating aft).  All the noise.  Prefer breakfast in DL or CL or Park Café, Solarium Bistro.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

It's a loyalty program, not unlike other loyalty programs in concept.  All loyalty programs make changes and some members react with "I'll never fly this airline again!" only to come back and fly that airline.  Why?  Because they are there for more than the loyalty program, they are there for the product.  

You keep believing that. However you are the exception and not the rule.  My personal example, I have almost 100 cruises completed.  I used to sail NCL.  I will no longer sail NCL.  Among other things, their loyalty program is horrible. There is no incentive for me to sail with them. My cruise lines of choice are Celebrity, RCCL and Carnival. All three are my choice because of the loyalty program. If RCCL today , did way with their loyalty program or made it similar to NCL , believe me, it would drastically negatively effect their bottom line. They seem to be slowly removing perks. In return I am slowly moving away. The past several years Celebrity and Carnival have seen a major uptick in my 4-5 cruises I book each year. New cruise lines such as Virgin are coming into the fold. Disney and Princess are ramping up their fleet. All I can say is be careful how you treat your base of loyal members RCCL.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Fake news. The port authority does not randomly create perks.  Rather, they were under direction from corporate at some point in time and then were told to cease once corporate decided to change the rules. 

Nor did the port authority make a separate line for the Key to replace it when it was introduced. 

• Like 1