Le petit chef , infinity

George C

Please tell me about Le Petit chef, we sail next week, we’re in a royal suite so no cost for us. Really enjoyed luminae and will do that most nights will also do Tuscan. How is the meal and approximately how long does it take, we are on a music cruise and do not want to miss too many acts, thanks. 

The Petite Chef dinner is a choreographed meal to an animated cartoon on your table and plate.   I've done it and would say it is a One and Done experience.   Unless they changed things up there are two fixed menus and a substitution menu. 

We did it on the Summit in December.  It was so drawn out and the food was not very good (Luminae is SO much better!).  If memory serves, it took about 2 hours.  It was kind of cute, but the novelty wore off really quickly and it was not worth the time invested in any way shape or form.  IMHO, it is definitely not worth missing any musical acts on your cruise to go to LPC.

• Like 1

There are 2 different versions.  The 1st Le Petit Chef, in our opinion has the better menu.  The 2 version is Le Petit Chef & Friends.  Set menu 2 seatings a night took roughly 90 minutes.  We also had free dining or we wouldn’t have gone to both

• Like 1

It is something worth seeing.  The food is ok, not as good as a sit down meal in Luminae, but it is very creative and, again, something worth seeing at least once.  We were  not going to see it, but were invited as a guest of the F&B Manager, and were very glad we did attend.  Would we do it again ?  Maybe to see the new versions that are coming out, but would not do the same one twice.  It takes about 90 -120 minutes for the entire dinner

• Like 1

We will be on the Infinity next year for our 50th Anniversary and on the night of our Anniversary we are thinking about doing the LPC, is the setting very romantic or would we do better at Tuscan?  We are AQ class so we also have Blu for dinner.

Thanks for any help.

11 hours ago, MarLieb said:

We did it on the Summit in December.  It was so drawn out and the food was not very good (Luminae is SO much better!).  If memory serves, it took about 2 hours.  It was kind of cute, but the novelty wore off really quickly and it was not worth the time invested in any way shape or form.  IMHO, it is definitely not worth missing any musical acts on your cruise to go to LPC.

Our friends did it on a recent cruise and asked us to join but we declined. Glad we did as they were not impressed. The MDR food is fine for us and we enjoyed our tablemates tremendously. 

27 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We will be on the Infinity next year for our 50th Anniversary and on the night of our Anniversary we are thinking about doing the LPC, is the setting very romantic or would we do better at Tuscan?  We are AQ class so we also have Blu for dinner.

Thanks for any help.

Do Tuscan or Blu. Anything but LPC. Our friends suffered through some very poorly mannered kids and the parents did nothing. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Thanks for any help.

LPC is fun, as I stated, but not a place for a romantic dinner.  

• Like 1

We just did LPC on Eclipse the first week they changed to the new menu and animation.  I think we would not likely go back - agree one and done.  Food was OK.  The weird Japanese desert was not to our liking at all.  I enjoyed Qsine so much better!

1 minute ago, bstoeck said:

We did this last month on the Edge and although it was cute, the food quality was terrible and we felt is was not worth the 55.00 per person upcharge.   I would pass.

$20 of the charge goes to the company that provides the animation or so I was told. Doubt they will renew the contract. 

21 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

$20 of the charge goes to the company that provides the animation or so I was told. Doubt they will renew the contract. 

From the comments so far it sounds like the LPC is not worth the cost or wasting a dinner on. I hope it is gone by our cruise in August next year. Maybe X can find a better venue for the dinning area at least on M class ships which already have a very limited specialty restaurant selection compared to Edge and S class ships.

The problem here and for anyone reading these postings is that it will spoil the best of the evening.  We booked it having no idea what it was all about.  We were truly mesmerized and delighted by the presentation, worthy of the applause after the related and satisfactory meal.

On 2/4/2020 at 11:10 AM, drakes2 said:

We had dinner with the F & B Manager and was told they have already purchased 4 more LPC dinner presentations

On 2/4/2020 at 7:16 AM, terrydtx said:

Thanks for any help.

Animated cartoon, set menus, .everyone eats together in sync while cartoon plays.    Seems not very romantic.....esp if attracts familes or groups

Reserve Tuscan,  see maitre d in advance and ask them to go all out!

Dress your finest and get a nice Anniv Portrait

Congrats On a Very Special Milestone!    🥂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hcat said:

Animated cartoon, set menus, .everyone eats together in sync while cartoon plays.    Seems not very romantic.....esp if attracts familes or groups

Reserve Tuscan,  see maitre d in advance and ask them to go all out!

Dress your finest and get a nice Anniv Portrait

Congrats On a Very Special Milestone!    🥂

Thank you the Tuscan is where will be on the night of August 28th.

I watched 2 different videos for LPC. While watching the video it was amazing to see how many other guests were also recording. I would have thought since it was such a unique and new experience that Celebrity would ask guests to not to record.  They always told you that in the theater - remember “no flash photography”. I enjoyed watching the videos but I would not spend $55 for the meal based upon the food reviews.

23 minutes ago, sunonfire said:

I watched 2 different videos for LPC. While watching the video it was amazing to see how many other guests were also recording. I would have thought since it was such a unique and new experience that Celebrity would ask guests to not to record.  They always told you that in the theater - remember “no flash photography”. I enjoyed watching the videos but I would not spend $55 for the meal based upon the food reviews.

We were offered it for $40 one night but in all honesty we really enjoyed dinner with our tablemates that we declined. This was a 12 night cruise so we got to know others quite well. 

On 2/4/2020 at 12:57 PM, katiegirl1264 said:

Le Petit Chef was a highlight of our trip!!

Truly don't think some people get how amazing the technolgy is and that these dining expereinces play around the world for 150/pp. We saw it 2X, Looking forward to next time on Apex!

Yes, we understand how amazing the technology is.  What wasn't amazing was the LPC staff holding the meal for those guests who decided not to heed the request that we all arrive at least 15 minutes early to be seated, thereby stalling the start of the meal by 20 minutes and making the evening even longer for everyone else.  We thought the pacing was horribly slow, food mediocre and, not to post any spoilers, but the ending of each and every vignette was a bit macabre and got really old quickly.  If you don't mind waiting forever and eating mediocre food to admire the technology, then it's probably the right venue for you.  If you are more interested in a finer meal that is paced properly, this is not the place to go.  We see this technology a lot at another vacation destination where we go often and, the other destination does it much, much better.