Is Celebrity doing the laundry bag special?

dbsb3233

We have a 15-night cruise coming up next month on the Celebrity Constellation.  It's been a few years since we've cruised on a Celebrity ship and I get my cruiselines mixed up. 🙂

Does Celebrity do the $20 "everything you can stuff in it" laundry bag?

1 hour ago, dbsb3233 said:

We have a 15-night cruise coming up next month on the Celebrity Constellation.  It's been a few years since we've cruised on a Celebrity ship and I get my cruiselines mixed up. 🙂

Lately, the 'special' has been $49.  However, we have had $20  and $25 specials which are dependent on the particular cruise.  Yes, same sized bag.  

If you have Elite status, you  will get one free bag of laundry.  

• Like 1

On many of the ships the bag has changed (same approx size) to a cloth bag instead of the paper bags.

You might also look into you CC perk -  Elite  - 1 bag each and Elite+ 2 bags each.   I believe they have a limit of 30 item per bag.  

I've never even bothered to look at our status.  Looks like we're Select.  Website says we're supposed to get a discount on 1 bag of laundry for a cruise of 12+ nights (which this is).  So maybe we'll be able to get it for $20. 

13 hours ago, dbsb3233 said:

I've never even bothered to look at our status.  Looks like we're Select.  Website says we're supposed to get a discount on 1 bag of laundry for a cruise of 12+ nights (which this is).  So maybe we'll be able to get it for $20. 

refreshing to see someone else not worried about status or points. join the club 🙂 i never wanna be 'that person'

• Like 2

I was truly excited when we came elite  (before our last cruise )and got a free bag of laundry each!! Our last cruise was a B2B an eight day and a seven day and it was nice to know we didn’t have to overpack(I still kind of did😁) and just do laundry before our second cruise at no cost!! I would’ve packed much much better if it was not included!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dbsb3233 said:

I was on the 12 day Vancouver to Hawaii Cruise last April and they had a $20 Bag for Captain Club Select Members. I'm cruising on a 15 Day Transatlantic this April and am hoping they'll have the $20 Bag.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HBDave said:

I was on the 12 day Vancouver to Hawaii Cruise last April and they had a $20 Bag for Captain Club Select Members. I'm cruising on a 15 Day Transatlantic this April and am hoping they'll have the $20 Bag.  

Your itinerary isn't important, just your loyalty status.  You will receive your Select Captains Club loyalty perk no matter what itinerary.  And I love trans-Atlantics, so hope you enjoy yours too!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

Your itinerary isn't important, just your loyalty status.  You will receive your Select Captains Club loyalty perk no matter what itinerary.  And I love trans-Atlantics, so hope you enjoy yours too!

I have Reflection trans-Atlantic in April and Apex trans-Atlantic in October, those elite laundry benefits are nice. 🙂

• 6 months later...
On 2/7/2020 at 11:30 AM, luckyinpa said:

refreshing to see someone else not worried about status or points. join the club 🙂 i never wanna be 'that person'

Being "worried about status" and knowing what your perks should be are two totally different things.  I am Elite Plus - I don't consider myself any better person because of it, but I sure like a few of the extra perks I get with it, like two bags of laundry per cruise.  I only need to bring 1/3 the number of shorts, t's and pj's I would have to bring otherwise.  Since I often sail 20-21 days at sea in the Caribbean this is a big perk for me🙂

• Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 5:04 PM, dbsb3233 said:

I like your optimism. 😉

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

Being "worried about status" and knowing what your perks should be are two totally different things.  I am Elite Plus - I don't consider myself any better person because of it, but I sure like a few of the extra perks I get with it, like two bags of laundry per cruise.  I only need to bring 1/3 the number of shorts, t's and pj's I would have to bring otherwise.  Since I often sail 20-21 days at sea in the Caribbean this is a big perk for me🙂

Agree. We've paid for those tier level perks/benefits over the years and glad to have them. 

6 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Yes, we have earned our status.  However the perks are subject to change.  Have often seen a $20 laundry special and my "free" bag of laundry.  When doing a B2B almost always got a coupon for a bag and no charge on the last day of first leg.  Hope when cruising resumes they are still there.

10 hours ago, denatravels said:

If I am “select” on my cruise, does that mean that my discounted laundry perk would be a $20 bag (with max 30 items)?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One discounted bag of laundry (wash, dry and fold) for cruises 12 nights or more. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

28 minutes ago, denatravels said:

Yes, I understand there is one discounted bag. My question asked was it $20?

Yes only in cruises 12 nights or longer and select members, now the bag allows only 30 items.

Also they offer the Laundry Challenge bag for $50 in shorter cruises without any CC status.

Edited by gerelmx

3 hours ago, denatravels said:

Yes, I understand there is one discounted bag. My question asked was it $20?

Your cruise may not be the same price for a select member as other cruises. I believe that's why Celebrity doesn't list the price on their website for the laundry discount for select members.  Like always you will receive a welcome back letter in your stateroom advising you what perks/benefits are loaded on your Sea Pass card and if applicable the limits and cost. 

• 5 months later...

First time sailing with Celebrity but have been given a Select status because some years back I sailed with Royal Caribbean a few times.

I now travel with my daughter who will be 17 by cruise date but she is too young to be a captains club member (minimum 18).  However, in the past, she has received the same benefits as me ie she has been invited to the welcome back parties, lunches etc.  Is this the same with Celebrity?  Would we be allowed one discounted bag of laundry per cabin room or one each person?  Same for the other perks?

With Holland America you can purchase unlimited laundry where you pay US$7 per day of the cruise but they do the whole cabins' laundry.  Excellent value for money especially when there was three of us in one cabin.  Sent laundry out every day so literally flew back with only a couple of day's dirty laundry to be done at home.