Room service

yvrbos

Breakfast items, and no charge..I always tip the fellow that brings it in.  Had bacon, sausage. eggs. etc on the Equinox last fall.  There are "hangers"" in the room you fill out requesting menu items and the time you want it delivered..you leave it on your door the night before.  

Might be an uncharge for a steak, but my memory is not as good as it used to be.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

Your memory is pretty good....there are a couple of upcharge items.  But in general room service on Celebrity during the daytime is free. There is an overnight delivery charge but that doesn’t apply to the OP’s question.  In the afternoon, there are not specifically items that you would associated with afternoon tea, like scones or tea sandwiches. You can get those yourself at the buffet and bring them to your state room to enjoy on your balcony

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The late night delivery charge (11 p.m. to 6 a.m.) is about $5. The rest of the day, room service is free, but we tip the delivery person $3 to $5.

The breakfast menu items are hot and cold cereal, muffins, danish, pancakes, waffles, toast, bagels, omelettes, yogurt, fruit, juice, coffee, tea, cocoa. There are a few extra charge items. 

For tea, we go to the buffet. They put out a lovely spread of sandwiches, pastries, cookies, scones etc...Sometimes we make up plates and bring them back to our balcony. On some ships, there are coffee/tea/cocoa stations on deck 7 near the midship elevator. Or you can order tea from room service. There are also sweets available at Cafe Al Bacio and  extra charge specialty teas and coffees. The Al Bacio teas and coffees are covered by the Classic and Premium beverage packages.

14 minutes ago, Sunchaser46 said:

Thanks for posting the menus! Can I order alcoholic beverages from the in-room menu with my classic beverage package?

Alas no.  No beverage packages include room delivery.  Only the "Drinks and More" includes the mini-bar. 

Harris

Denver, CO

3 hours ago, Sunchaser46 said:

Thanks for posting the menus! Can I order alcoholic beverages from the in-room menu with my classic beverage package?

But there is nothing to stop you collecting whatever drink you want at which ever bar and brining it up to enjoy.  You can also get sealed cans of soda if you want to keep them in your room fridge.

We are not generally big fans of room service but when I had a mobility issue a couple of years ago we used it a few lunchtimes and were pleasantly surprised...

Everything came hot, the noodle soup was tasty, the burger and the club sandwich were really nice and the fries were the best on the ship.

In addition to the mains listed you can order from the MDR menu during opening times.

Re afternoon tea. We do request a kettle in our room and have always been successful. If your room attendant says he cannot provide worth asking again at guest relations relations. They only have a few (unless you are on a Southampton cruise) so ask on boarding. Much easier then for one of you to brew up whilst the other goes to the buffet 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, chemmo said:

We are not generally big fans of room service but when I had a mobility issue a couple of years ago we used it a few lunchtimes and were pleasantly surprised...

Everything came hot, the noodle soup was tasty, the burger and the club sandwich were really nice and the fries were the best on the ship.

In addition to the mains listed you can order from the MDR menu during opening times.

Re afternoon tea. We do request a kettle in our room and have always been successful. If your room attendant says he cannot provide worth asking again at guest relations relations. They only have a few (unless you are on a Southampton cruise) so ask on boarding. Much easier then for one of you to brew up whilst the other goes to the buffet 

A kettle is ONLY available on cruises out of Southampton. Have repeatedly been told no. A give you congratulations on getting one as they are on the banned item list.

3 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Don't forget also that for lunch and dinner hours  you can order from the MDR menu....

thats still quite amazing to me because on NCL only haven can order from MDR for room service. i will be slumming it in coach on summit and i def will be ordering at least one MDR meal in my room. thats fanastic! im assuming the menus will be on the app?

3 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

thats still quite amazing to me because on NCL only haven can order from MDR for room service. i will be slumming it in coach on summit and i def will be ordering at least one MDR meal in my room. thats fanastic! im assuming the menus will be on the app?

Yes, the menus are on the app.

46 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

A kettle is ONLY available on cruises out of Southampton. Have repeatedly been told no. A give you congratulations on getting one as they are on the banned item list.

We have had them everywhere from Caribbean to South Pacific...on another post I mentioned that we generally cruised suites and so I didn’t know if that made a difference. Several others posted that they had been able to secure kettles in non suite rooms.

I did comment that they do have limited numbers...Have you only previously asked your room attendant or have you also asked at guest relations?

Based on the menus and the balcony that I have booked, I see myself eating my breakfasts on my balcony, maybe going to pick up some afternoon tea items from the buffet and bring it to my room, oh dear this is too tempting!

Room service must have changed since my last Celebrity Cruise as only Concierge and above were allowed to order hot breakfast items. Also no MDR room for room service if not in a PH. If this true I am really looking forward to our April Cruise with a balcony cabin.

On 2/13/2020 at 3:36 PM, Marelaine said:

The late night delivery charge (11 p.m. to 6 a.m.) is about $5. The rest of the day, room service is free, but we tip the delivery person $3 to $5.

The breakfast menu items are hot and cold cereal, muffins, danish, pancakes, waffles, toast, bagels, omelettes, yogurt, fruit, juice, coffee, tea, cocoa. There are a few extra charge items. 

For tea, we go to the buffet. They put out a lovely spread of sandwiches, pastries, cookies, scones etc...Sometimes we make up plates and bring them back to our balcony. On some ships, there are coffee/tea/cocoa stations on deck 7 near the midship elevator. Or you can order tea from room service. There are also sweets available at Cafe Al Bacio and  extra charge specialty teas and coffees. The Al Bacio teas and coffees are covered by the Classic and Premium beverage packages.

Cafe el Bacio has an excellent carrot cake which I bring back to my cabin late afternoon to have a snack on my balcony. Go early to mid afternoon as they sometimes run out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, 1pinehurst said:

Room service must have changed since my last Celebrity Cruise as only Concierge and above were allowed to order hot breakfast items. Also no MDR room for room service if not in a PH. If this true I am really looking forward to our April Cruise with a balcony cabin.

We have sailed in standard balcony suites with Celebrity since 2009 and hot/warm breakfast items have always been available from room service.  Have never tried to order from the MDR menu for lunch or dinner, but I understand this has been available for many years, although it is not promoted onboard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, woodsmiths said:

We have sailed in standard balcony suites with Celebrity since 2009 and hot/warm breakfast items have always been available from room service.  Have never tried to order from the MDR menu for lunch or dinner, but I understand this has been available for many years, although it is not promoted onboard.

I think dining in suite with the MDR menu has become less popular....With most guests ordering room service from their TV they quite possibly don’t know the option is available.

I also think the evening buffet options have improved for those too tired from busy port days to want a formal meal too...The introduction of  tiny tables on balconies don’t exactly promote in suite dining either...

5 hours ago, chemmo said:

I think dining in suite with the MDR menu has become less popular....With most guests ordering room service from their TV they quite possibly don’t know the option is available.

I also think the evening buffet options have improved for those too tired from busy port days to want a formal meal too...The introduction of  tiny tables on balconies don’t exactly promote in suite dining either...

We will be on board the Equinox next week and was looking forward to ordering MDR food from room service. If it's not on the TV I assume you just call room service & ask for the food from the menu on the app? We are in a Concierge, hope the comment that it's only for the PH cabin isn't true. My husband is not even bringing pants let alone a collared shirt this cruise 🤣 so we not even going inside the MDR all week.

BonVoyage

Dawna