Diamond status

bgoff60

Our next cruise in September will allow us to have enough points to get us to the 'Diamond' C&A level.  (  🙂 )

Will be be granted any diamond privileges while ON that cruise or will we have to complete the cruise - get off and them book another cruise? 

5 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

Our next cruise in September will allow us to have enough points to get us to the 'Diamond' C&A level.  (  🙂 )

Will be be granted any diamond privileges while ON that cruise or will we have to complete the cruise - get off and them book another cruise? 

You will have to complete the September cruise. Points are awarded after the cruise. Now you've got something new to look forward to on your next cruise. Book your next cruise while onboard your September cruise. 

Edited by davekathy

Has everyone else had the same experiences?  Seems like they know I will complete the cruise...and it WOULD be a nice perk to get the bump up while on the cruise it happens on.  Maybe guest services intervention?  🙂

4 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

Has everyone else had the same experiences?  Seems like they know I will complete the cruise...and it WOULD be a nice perk to get the bump up while on the cruise it happens on.  Maybe guest services intervention?  🙂

This has been discussed ad nauseum on this forum.  You will not receive Diamond benefits until your account officially says Diamond.  That only happens approx. 6 days after the cruise ends. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

It's not up to GS and they cannot and will not be able to make your dreams come true. This is a CAS policy and will be enforced by the LA on that ship. For your reading pleasure from RC.

General Terms & Conditions Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd...To qualify as a Crown & Anchor Society member, you must have taken at least one eligible Royal Caribbean cruise. Program level accrual is based on the number of eligible cruise points earned per individual. Cruise Points will be accrued at the end of each completed sailing. Next tier benefits will be applied on the following sailing after point status has been earned. No next tier benefits shall be applied mid-cruise. Guests are eligible for Gold membership in the Crown & Anchor Society after one completed cruise. After 30 completed cruise points, they are eligible to become Platinum members. After 55 completed cruise points they are eligible to become Emerald members. After 80 completed cruise points they are eligible to become Diamond Members. After 175 completed cruise points they are eligible to become Diamond Plus members. And those who have 700 or more completed cruise points are eligible to become Pinnacle Club members. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

Nope.  Only Pinnacles are afforded recognition immediately.  GS has zero say in the matter and the Loyalty Ambassador’s have nearly none.  They can jump the gun for the second leg of a back to back since it takes about 7-10 days for your status to be updated.  But that’s it.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Doesn’t happen.  You usually get it about a week after completing the cruise.  If you earn it on the first leg of a B2B, they will have it for the second leg. 

Just enjoy it on your next one. 

Yes to the B2B.  Just make sure the LA knows you will reach a tier change on the first cruise of a B2B.  I had it happen to me on the Freedom and no problem for the second cruise.

However you can book a cruise now, and the diamond status will applied to that cruise, even though you aren't currently at Diamond status.

Book  the followup cruise whenever you want.

After you get back from the cruise that gets you to Diamond status, check your C&A account starting about 6 days after the end of  the cruise.   Starting on the follow up cruise you will be able to enjoy Diamond perks.

28 minutes ago, spookwife said:

Nope.  Only Pinnacles are afforded recognition immediately.  GS has zero say in the matter and the Loyalty Ambassador’s have nearly none.  They can jump the gun for the second leg of a back to back since it takes about 7-10 days for your status to be updated.  But that’s it.  

Pinnacles are recognized, but generally don't get the benefits till next cruise. Been that way for several years.

And yes, there are always exceptions😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bgoff60 said:

Of course they know you will finish the cruise, BUT they want you to come back for another-hence dangle the benefits just out of reach for this journey. 

If they advance guest benefits for the level you are about to achieve then someone who has never cruised would be eligible for Gold on their first cruise.  It's a loyalty program.  It's hard to be loyal if you've never cruised before or returned for a second time.  Therefore you don't get to be Gold until after your first cruise is completed.  Once that is established as the defacto standard it applies to all tiers forward.  

Airlines are the same way.  You achieve the next tier once your account says so (after points hit).  If you have connecting flights you are never advanced to the next tier mid-journey, you get to realize the benefits of the next tier on your next trip.

Same with haircuts.  After six haircuts I get the next one free.  During haircut #6 I don't get to say I've achieved six cuts therefore this cut should be free.  My free haircut is applied for my next haircut (#7).  

Same with pizza.  I earn a free pizza after ordering X pizzas.  The X pizza isn't free, the X+1 pizza is.  Until I complete the transaction for pizza X, I haven't met the qualifications for a free pizza. 

Same with <insert loyalty program name here>.

The whole recognizing Pinnacle thing is not really anything to be envious of.  Congratulations, you get to take a picture with the Captain.  That's it.  Your Seapass card still say D+, you get no P benefits until your next cruise.  If you are about to advance to the next level you too can get your picture taken with the Captain during their address on the 1st formal night.  Then, just like a new Pinnacle-to-be, you've got a picture with the Captain and a SeaPass card that hasn't changed. 

Edited by twangster

3 hours ago, gatour said:

However you can book a cruise now, and the diamond status will applied to that cruise, even though you aren't currently at Diamond status.

Interesting comment...so...We already have booked our next cruise (January 3, 2021) and have paid for half already.  Do we need to do anything to our current reservation (Sailing September 9th) to 'level up'?  The balance on the second cruise in due Sept 25th. if that matters...

2 hours ago, twangster said:

If they advance guest benefits for the level you are about to achieve then someone who has never cruised would be eligible for Gold on their first cruise.  It's a loyalty program.  It's hard to be loyal if you've never cruised before or returned for a second time.  Therefore you don't get to be Gold until after your first cruise is completed.  Once that is established as the defacto standard it applies to all tiers forward.  

Airlines are the same way.  You achieve the next tier once your account says so (after points hit).  If you have connecting flights you are never advanced to the next tier mid-journey, you get to realize the benefits of the next tier on your next trip.

Same with haircuts.  After six haircuts I get the next one free.  During haircut #6 I don't get to say I've achieved six cuts therefore this cut should be free.  My free haircut is applied for my next haircut (#7).  

Same with pizza.  I earn a free pizza after ordering X pizzas.  The X pizza isn't free, the X+1 pizza is.  Until I complete the transaction for pizza X, I haven't met the qualifications for a free pizza. 

Same with <insert loyalty program name here>.

The whole recognizing Pinnacle thing is not really anything to be envious of.  Congratulations, you get to take a picture with the Captain.  That's it.  Your Seapass card still say D+, you get no P benefits until your next cruise.  If you are about to advance to the next level you too can get your picture taken with the Captain during their address on the 1st formal night.  Then, just like a new Pinnacle-to-be, you've got a picture with the Captain and a SeaPass card that hasn't changed. 

Got it - Thanks!  🙃

6 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

Do we need to do anything to our current reservation (Sailing September 9th) to 'level up'? 

That comment was not quite accurate. You will have to call after you make D to reprice your cruise to see if your D discount lowers the overall price of your booking.

1 hour ago, bgoff60 said:

Interesting comment...so...We already have booked our next cruise (January 3, 2021) and have paid for half already.  Do we need to do anything to our current reservation (Sailing September 9th) to 'level up'?  The balance on the second cruise in due Sept 25th. if that matters...

No, you don’t have to do anything. Your points for the September cruise will be added about 7 days after your September cruise is complete and you will then be Diamond. Your January cruise will automatically reflect your Diamond status. As noted above, you will need to call if your Diamond balcony discount lowers your price for that Jan cruise.