Jim_Iain – East meets West Equinox Caribbean – B2B2B -March 14 to April 4

Jim_Iain

Just a little tip Jim... Many times I would stress so much especially when travelling and about other things, all the what if,s . Maybe,s ect and after looking back at these trips a while back It became so clear to me how much of the joy pre-holiday I had missed because of this. My remedy which I  have developed for myself leading up to our last holidays and daily happenings which come my way is this. You mentioned a note on the front door of things not to forget. Add this-At the same spot by the front door I either physically or imaginary put a shoe box (I call this my shoe box mentality) Once your check list is done open that shoe box and put all stress and anxiety in it, firmly put the lid on , shut and lock your door, breath and smile at each other. Get into your Uber - (you have done all you can - nothing more/nothing less) Enjoy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Promising, as it hopefully indicates that the cruise will be going ahead.

I've heard from a couple people on board and they say the current cruise is very relaxed and everyone is abiding by requests to wash...wash....wash.  

• Like 2

Boarding Passes - 

Completed the Boarding Passes on my IPhone and have a paper copy just in case.   I initially didn’t have the Expedited Arrival block on the passes but someone on CC advised that you have to scan you passport in order for it to appear.   It worked for me and it showed up immediately after rescanning our passports.

CA5A5637-2E92-42DB-B6E3-C086C2F9802B.thumb.png.8784a4a03190cf54dfdf98bc35c7f889.png

Got our new luggage tags via email so printed and ready to go. 

332EC955-B8C4-4919-96C4-EF2E7E7C17B8.thumb.jpeg.7a3faaa5f2abdcbd65a4e02a82d41503.jpeg

About 3 years ago I orders some plastic luggage tag holders on Amazon specifically designed for Celebrity Luggage Tags.   Love them and have been using them ever since.   I just fold them and slip them in the holder.   They are very rugged and all are still in good working order.

image.png.415a292fd40bb8933f132af98128a8bf.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 2

Safe and healthy travels, Jim and Iain! You’re posts will be taking the sting out of having to cancel our b2b Italy cruises. More than a few tears were shed over this one. I know we will travel again (hopefully) soon, but right now if we go out of the country we will be put in self quarantine for two weeks. We live 5 minutes from the US/Canada border and now can’t even pop down to pick up mail or get gas.

Cheers to you! 🥂

14 minutes ago, CruiserMickey said:

Safe and healthy travels, Jim and Iain! You’re posts will be taking the sting out of having to cancel our b2b Italy cruises. More than a few tears were shed over this one. I know we will travel again (hopefully) soon, but right now if we go out of the country we will be put in self quarantine for two weeks. We live 5 minutes from the US/Canada border and now can’t even pop down to pick up mail or get gas.

Cheers to you! 🥂

Wow... haven't heard that yet.   Is that a new restriction for Canadian's? 

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wow... haven't heard that yet.   Is that a new restriction for Canadian's? 

Yes. BC announced it last night and I am seeing reports of the rest of Canada following suit. Also all Canadian ports are closed to vessels over 500 (number including passengers and crew) until at least July 1.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6671621/justin-trudeau-coronavirus-travel/

Edited by CruiserMickey
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, CruiserMickey said:

Yes. BC announced it last night and I am seeing reports of the rest of Canada following suit. Also all Canadian ports are closed to vessels over 500 (number including passengers and crew) until at least July 1.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6671621/justin-trudeau-coronavirus-travel/

Wow.. hadn't heard about the cancellation of cruises either.    I'm learning all kinds of things today.    We have an April 30 Cruise on Millennium out of Seattle.     Wonder if they will cancel or reschedule.   Too far away to even worry at this time.

10 minutes ago, Palms2Pines2Sea said:

Have a great flight Jim. 
It is a GORGEOUS day here in south Florida.....relax and enjoy!

I'm getting in cruise mood really quickly.    We will be summoning Lyft in about 15 minutes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wow.. hadn't heard about the cancellation of cruises either.    I'm learning all kinds of things today.    We have an April 30 Cruise on Millennium out of Seattle.     Wonder if they will cancel or reschedule.   Too far away to even worry at this time.

Maybe your cruise will be redirected South? It would require the US foreign port law to change, though.

It is certainly too early to tell what may or may not happen. Enjoy your cruises and try not to worry!

We made it to the airport.  I asked the Lyft driver about business and he said it was worse than bad. 

I have never seen the drop off area so empty.   Check in was really quick and now waiting to board. 

70019648-C99B-427C-ADCD-3A85BCD932C8.thumb.jpeg.96b24241bc2d7e60c114cc611984e56f.jpeg

A50DD40D-A2BE-42EB-8309-734A7B53EBC9.thumb.jpeg.04137de40f6b8dc235c0e3e135dc55cf.jpeg

When I heard about the suspension, I hurried to your blog thinking you might have escaped this morning and were already out to sea, so close to it.

It’s especially cruel because you are so, so close to making it happen.  I’m so so sorry.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, niklah said:

If the ship departs before midnight, he’s ok. Who knows, he might be on one of the last Celebrity sailings 😔 

On the Equinox now... won’t be in Ft Lauderdale until the A.M.  Nothing announced onboard.  Talked to a B2B cruiser who is on the next sailing and they hadn’t heard anything.  Wonder if it might not be announced onboard to avoid any panic?

So sorry to hear Jim-Iain’s cruise isn’t going to happen.