Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

1 hour ago, ringers0815 said:

In our case (cancelled before the mass cancellations under the March 5 cancellation policy) the FCC was made up of the cruise fare and the fare portion of the EZAir ticket. The reimbursement was made up of the port fees, the taxes on the cruise and the taxes on the EZAir ticket. Pre-paid excursions and gratuities were reimbursed separately on our credit card.

That was the original deal but they should be reprocessing your refund based on your option 1 or 2 election.  We received a partial refund right after we cancelled our May 9th cruise on March 10th (two days before Princess cancelled it).  Then on May 5th we got the email from Princess that went to those who cancelled pause 1 cruises before Princess pulled the plug on them.  Did you get that email?

20 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

They have a step by step manual to refer to, so it really shouldn't be that difficult! I think the issue is that the people on the phones (maybe even customer relations) are not referring to the written policy and just going by what they "think" is right. The fact they are STILL telling people they are processing by departure date when it has already been stated this isn't the case is proof of it. I will try to attach the FAQs for pause 1 - they may be useful for someone!

Princess Q&A.docx 17.26 kB · 2 downloads

Thanks .. the doc sounds pretty clear enough to follow as in If A then do B.

8 hours ago, nho9504 said:

Is this a Princess number?

No, it's for Bottom Line Technologies but, they handle the checks for certain refunds from Princess, amongst other companies.  For example, we had refundable OBC from one of our Princess cruises and were paid via a check via Bottomline Technologies.  Another time, we got a check for a Future Cruise Deposit that had expired ... again, through this company that contracts with Princess.  

Refunds are finally coming, presumably due to recent staff increases. We received our full refund yesterday (cruise fare/taxes/fees and EZAir for the 3/30 Emerald sailing) on two cc and three gift certificates. I had the original gift certs and checked the balance on each, all of which had been restored to their initial values, although there was no notification from Princess about any part of the refund. We received our FCC weeks ago. I know it took forever to get it all rectified, but I can't imagine the nightmare the cruiselines have been dealing with. We look forward to sailing again when we feel it's safe for our family.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I doubt if they are monitoring the boards to that extent FB would be easier for them

to monitor. I am not on facebook but have read some of it and they do monitor it.

and even get people to PM them if they think they can help.

In any case if they were monitoring us, I am not sure they would delay payment to those

people "complaining" most. Apart from the fact it would take some researching to

pinpoint a person even given the ship and cruise from the details on here ,would it

not make more sense for them to  process those claims quicker. 

7 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I will try to attach the FAQs for pause 1 - they may be useful for someone!

Thanks for that it is the first real thing I have seen from Princess that suggests 

(might not go as far as to say confirms)  that those in transit on the 12th 

(13th if in OZ) are included in  Pause 1.

It also answers another  question that has been at the back of my mind

which was - do we get to keep our cruise points. 

It also provided so many answers to questions that people have been asking

from time to time and maybe over and over in the hope of a better answer  🙂 so

why instead of sending out pointless  emails  didnt princess email everyone

the Q&A.  Incidentaly we never got ANY of the emails mentioned.

17 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

Another cruiseline tried paid correspondents posting here.

I won't mention the cruise line, but I think the posters were called "Royal Champions"

My recollection is that the whole thing blew up when the paid cheerleaders were outed.

I think the posters you refer to are simply gratuitous cheerleaders.

I remember that debacle.  Afterwards, even mentioning the RCs would get you booted off CC.

1 hour ago, Aulanis said:

I doubt if they are monitoring the boards to that extent FB would be easier for them

to monitor. I am not on facebook but have read some of it and they do monitor it.

and even get people to PM them if they think they can help.

In any case if they were monitoring us, I am not sure they would delay payment to those

people "complaining" most. Apart from the fact it would take some researching to

pinpoint a person even given the ship and cruise from the details on here ,would it

not make more sense for them to  process those claims quicker. 

Yes, same thoughts here. My TA has told me Cruiselines have noted each time she has contacted them, so that is on my file. 

15 hours ago, mbglib said:

I have received refunds for everything except a $500 gift card and a $200 FCD that was back on my account and then expired.  I contacted giftcardsupport@princesscruises.com and they said I do have the gift card refund coming, but it will be sent on a new gift card (even though I do have the old card).  I contacted them a few weeks later and same message.  I contacted them earlier this week and no answer.  

When I contacted Princess about the $200 FCD, the rep couldn't tell me anything, but said to call again in a few weeks. 🙂

Wow ok that is not hopeful for me at all. In any case I will be stuck with 1300 on a gift

Card as not sure I ever want to cruise now after all this 

Got a letter from one of my cc companies yesterday, asking if 2 credits from Princess totalling about $900 satisfy my dispute.  Heck no, my dispute at that cc company total over $16k.  And I do not even see those credits on my account.

I think - but it is a guess - that those credits may be from EZ Air.  I re-fared a couple of times - once the fare went down, then we decided to upgrade, but I have no way to know what that exact amount might be.

Now I have to respond to the cc company and supply a bunch of information.  Any advice?

5 hours ago, Geoffa30 said:

I wonder if Princess is monitoring these boards and deliberately delaying processing the refunds of those people who comment the most about not having their refunds.

I doubt they are delaying refunds because these individuals not having them is making them look bad. They are not organized enough to delay refunds. If you watched their webinar you would probably notice that.

Some CC boards do have someone who monitors and posts who works for that cruise line. They are quite helpful. It is obvious who they are by their name and it says "Certified Account" or something like that. They provide a great resource for CC and answer questions periodically.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

Received FCC about a month ago, got an email from Jan Swartz 3 days ago stating that we should be receiving an email as soon as it's available. It was nice of her to let us know it was there, but it's been there. She was thanking us for our interest in future sailing. However, we still haven't received refund on cc for taxes and port fees, etc. You would think they would have done both at the same time. We are questioning our decision to take the 175% FCC vs full refund and 50% cruise credit and are considering changing our minds.

Our desire is to cruise again. We understand that the cruise ship is an incubator for disease, but so is the supermarket, movie theater, airplane, amusement part, resorts, hotels, water parks, beaches, restaurants, etc. We are really looking forward and are hopeful that we can return to "regular life" safely soon.

Our hope is that we get the refund on cc soon and can think about going forward from there.

Edited by mistyPA
typo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Geoffa30 said:

I wonder if Princess is monitoring these boards and deliberately delaying processing the refunds of those people who comment the most about not having their refunds.

You are probably right.....Princess also does Russian/China intelligence for the US in their spare time because they are so efficient at refunds!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

Got a letter from one of my cc companies yesterday, asking if 2 credits from Princess totalling about $900 satisfy my dispute.  Heck no, my dispute at that cc company total over $16k.  And I do not even see those credits on my account.

I think - but it is a guess - that those credits may be from EZ Air.  I re-fared a couple of times - once the fare went down, then we decided to upgrade, but I have no way to know what that exact amount might be.

Now I have to respond to the cc company and supply a bunch of information.  Any advice?

I had to point that out right away. I had (2) $13xx refunds, one was EZ Air and the other was excursions.

Edited by Coral

3 minutes ago, mistyPA said:

Our desire is to cruise again. We understand that the cruise ship is an incubator for disease, but so is the supermarket, movie theater, airplane, amusement part, resorts, hotels, water parks, beaches, restaurants, etc. We are really looking forward and are hopeful that we can return to "regular life" safely soon.

When is the last time a disease such as norovirus or even COVID-19 broke out in a movie theater, airplane, amusement park, resort, hotel, water park, etc?  

It is cruise lines that are not designed for social distancing and associated with COVID-19, quarantining and death while traveling.   

The examples you used are not known for clusters of COVID-19 and low risk to catching it too......cruise ships are high risks according to the CDC and their history with the disease today.  

I would readily go to all the places you mentioned and not really worry if I had some form of PPE and could properly social distance while there....not so on a cruise ship.

• Like 1

Really, ALL of those places are where people have gotten both and many of the diseases that spread from the common cold to Covid 19. I am a healthcare professional, you should know how many have gotten COVID 19 from only going to DD for a coffee and the supermarket where masks have been used.

Edited by mistyPA
  • Like 2

Question:  We charged our trip on a credit card which has been replaced due to a credit card breach.  What are the chances of our ever seeing the princess refund which will be to our old/cancelled credit card?

My hope is that Citi's system is smart enough to know that a credit to a cancelled card should be applied to the replacement card...

3 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Thanks for that it is the first real thing I have seen from Princess that suggests 

(might not go as far as to say confirms)  that those in transit on the 12th 

(13th if in OZ) are included in  Pause 1.

It also answers another  question that has been at the back of my mind

which was - do we get to keep our cruise points. 

It also provided so many answers to questions that people have been asking

from time to time and maybe over and over in the hope of a better answer  🙂 so

why instead of sending out pointless  emails  didnt princess email everyone

the Q&A.  Incidentaly we never got ANY of the emails mentioned.

We haven’t gotten any emails either, with Q&A or otherwise.

Although no one has specifically stated that we are considered “in transit” it sounds like we fall into that category but I was told we are NOT in Phase 1 which is obvious by the lack of processing. 
Our cruise points were changed from 2 to 1 afterward.

4 minutes ago, mistyPA said:

Really, ALL of those places are where people have gotten both and many of the diseases that spread from the common cold to Covid 19. I am a healthcare professional, you should know how many have gotten COVID 19 from only going to DD for a coffee and the supermarket where masks have been used.

How would one know they got it at DD unless it was the only place they have been?

1 minute ago, suzyed said:

How would one know they got it at DD unless it was the only place they have been?

Yes, upon questioning them these are the only places these people have been other than home without anyone else going anywhere. So, they have been contact traced back to these places.

Anyway, also cruise points were added for the missed cruise....they were there before I received the FCC, when I received the FCC about a month ago and are still there now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, suzyed said:

We haven’t gotten any emails either, with Q&A or otherwise.

Although no one has specifically stated that we are considered “in transit” it sounds like we fall into that category but I was told we are NOT in Phase 1 which is obvious by the lack of processing. 
Our cruise points were changed from 2 to 1 afterward.

I was told I was in Phase 1 but still haven't been processed.

20 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

Question:  We charged our trip on a credit card which has been replaced due to a credit card breach.  What are the chances of our ever seeing the princess refund which will be to our old/cancelled credit card?

My hope is that Citi's system is smart enough to know that a credit to a cancelled card should be applied to the replacement card...

Yes - they should be able to refund the new card with out difficulty.