Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

Thank you Princess!  

We received a full refund today for our March 22nd cruise on the Regal.  This includes our cruise fare, excursions, and prepaid gratuities. The cruise was canceled by Princess on March 12th and we filed for option 2.  Our FCC posted about a month ago.  As a longtime supporter of Princess, my faith has been confirmed and we plan to book another cruise on Princess for next winter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We originally cancelled our 4/11 transatlantic cruise in the Sky Princess on March 9 under the 50% cancellation policy through our Big Box TA.  Then Princess cancelled this cruise on March 12, so we chose Option 2 on the Princess Cancellation Form on March 16.  Like a few others posting here, the email compensation receipt received back from Princess on that submittal did not include our Ship, Sale Date or Booking Number.

At that time, I was not sure it was properly submitted, and not sure if we needed to go through our Big Box TA  to cancel, not Princess directly.  Due to call volume issues, we did not get through to the Big Box TA until March 25.  But it was beneficial, as the TA  got Princess to re-instate our expired Future Cruise Deposits, and they are now good until April 2022 on our online Princess account.  We understand this is not the case any longer.  We were told by the TA that Princess stated it would take up to 60 days for our refund.  This time, our compensation receipt showed all of the correct information.  

Our 25% Voyage Goodwill FCC under Option 2 showed up on our Princess Online Account(s) a few days after the second cancellation submittal through the TA, although it is dated  as being  "Earned" on April 23,  go figure.....

Like many others, we were anxiously waiting on our 100% refund back to the credit card (Costco Visa) and monitoring this thread.  We received several of the generic Princess emails asking for patience on the refund.

Yesterday, I received another Princess Email stating that our FCC was now available, even though it was posted to our account in March, but dated as April.  Of course, that email also included a lot of sales information about booking another cruise.

This morning, we were pleasantly surprised to see that our credit card had been credited for the 100% of the correct amount, including EZAir, taxes, etc., minus the reinstated Future Cruise Deposits, This transaction was dated as posting to the card on May 29.   Today was 69 days from the second cancellation submitted through the TA.  I was going to dispute  the charges if we had not received our refund by the end of day tomorrow, which would have been 70 days.

I am not sure if the email on the availability of our FCC that we received yesterday was any indication that our refund was also processed to our credit card, or just coincidence.

We made no calls in to Princess, but were getting close if needed to  support our potential dispute ...... Good Luck to everyone

• Like 2

We received our full refund yesterday for our Cruise on April 4th from Sydney. Cancelled March 12th with Option #2, received FCC about 3 weeks prior. We made one call to Princes after 60 days went by, and was told it was being process. So hang there, refunds are coming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Princess has come through .I posted that we got FCC goodwill on Monday now credit card has also got credit today.

We canceled on March 5th. 50% penalty and got 50% on our credit card.Cruise was for April 21st

Mid March selected option 2

Monday June 1st got FCC goodwill in  our personalizer

Today June 3rd the credit appeared on my credit card for the balance of what we paid back in January for the cruise.It was dated May 27th even though it only appeared today.

Adding everything together, the only thing missing is our FCD's dollar amounts. They would have  expired so should have come back as a credit on credit card. Will handle that with Princess at a later date as this may resolve itself.

Very happy since the bulk of our money is now ours again.We didn't do a dispute with our credit card company. Called Princess only once to make sure they had our information.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just a quick update. While Princess has still done nothing in terms of supplying me with a refund or FCC for my March 14th sailing, I now have provisional credits on both credit cards used and Paypal just informed me that they ruled in my favour for the shore excursions I pre-paid via Paypal. At least I no longer feel stressed about never seeing that money again!

Congrats to all who got their refunds posted this week.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Just a quick update. While Princess has still done nothing in terms of supplying me with a refund or FCC for my March 14th sailing, I now have provisional credits on both credit cards used and Paypal just informed me that they ruled in my favour for the shore excursions I pre-paid via Paypal. At least I no longer feel stressed about never seeing that money again!

Congrats to all who got their refunds posted this week.

I also found relief also when I saw the provisional credits. I knew that either Chase and Citi would rule in my favor or eventually I would get credit from Princess. If for some reason Princess never provided the credit, I had started the process with Chase/Citicard.

I think each credit card takes a certain amount of time to post credits. Some people had posted yesterday about their refund. Maybe yours will post tomorrow. I had called Princess on Friday. They said my refund has been processed 2 weeks earlier and that it was sent to the credit card on Friday. And it showed up today but had yesterday's post date. Maybe try Princess again?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Coral said:

I also found relief also when I saw the provisional credits. I knew that either Chase and Citi would rule in my favor or eventually I would get credit from Princess. If for some reason Princess never provided the credit, I had started the process with Chase/Citicard.

I think each credit card takes a certain amount of time to post credits. Some people had posted yesterday about their refund. Maybe yours will post tomorrow. I had called Princess on Friday. They said my refund has been processed 2 weeks earlier and that it was sent to the credit card on Friday. And it showed up today but had yesterday's post date. Maybe try Princess again?

Since my FCC hasn't even shown up yet, I'm not holding my breath for the refund. I've given up talking to Princess - each time I get a different version of the process. Last time I spoke to them, 2 weeks ago, the customer relations rep was beyond rude (surprising as they have all been polite and friendly to that point) and told me that no action had been taken on my booking at that point and "You will get it eventually. I just have no idea when." Prior to this I was told it had been processed on April 29th, which was obviously not true. Now it is out of my hands and Princess and my bank can fight it out.

VERY happy you finally got yours and hope that it works out correctly when you figure out the amounts!

Hi Guys,

OK, I finally got something; I got 70% of my refund.   I split my cruise fares between two Chase cards (to take advantage of Chase's promotion getting bonus miles, now I wish I haven't done so😖).  Princess only processed one of them on 5/29/2020 and the credit hit my account on 6/3/2020.

I placed a call to Princess today and was told that the other part of my refund is " In the work, yes, they are aware of it, they have started working on it but the process has to go through several different departments.  I will get my money sooner or later" ! 

And, of course, she couldn't give me a date when my other 30% will finish being "processed"...  at this point I am just  thankful they happened to pick the higher amount to refund me.  I am still owed 2K but I am feeling a wee better.  

Sail date:  April 25, 2020

Option #2 :  March 16, 2020

First Refund:  June 3, 2020.. 

Remainder of my refund:  NO IDEA🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SunLakesBob said:

Still waiting for my refund since April 8th when I was told it will take up to 6 weeks. Got a call from Princess Customer Services who said they are working in a logical and timely manner, but no time frame

My cancellation was March 12. 83 days it took to get it. 

15 hours ago, caribill said:

By whom?

I spoke with a rep in Customer Relations who, when I told her that we had cancelled just prior to Pause 1, said that the IT system automatically attached a cancellation fee to the booking cancelled by us prior to Pause 1.  She fiddled around and "released" something - sorry I can't be more specific.  After that, she e-mailed the Finance Department and the FCC processing team to alert them of the change.

We had a failed 14 day Caribbean cruise on Caribbean Princess Feb 1st.We had norovirus on board and were denied 5 out of 8 ports. We were returned to port 3 days early and offered 50% future credit and 50% of the fair refunded to the original form of payment. We booked through Marlin Travel and Air Canada Vacations. 81 days later still no money back. No one seems to know where the money went. They just pass the buck back and forth. No refund on my credit card. Any suggestions?

We were booked on the Crown Princess Transatlantic cruise scheduled to leave March 26th.  We chose Option #2.  Our 50% FCCs were posted to our Princess account on April 21st, and Princess decided to send us an email about them yesterday.  Today I was pleasantly surprised that we finally received our full refund for cruise fare, taxes and fees, and EZAir on our Costco credit card.  The refund was dated May 29th, but was not there when I checked yesterday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Coral said:

A Princess refund hit both my Chase and Citicard last night after I went to bed (or this morning). I had been looking 2x daily and it was not posted when I went to bed last night.

The amounts refunded to both cards doesn't make sense to me but the combined refund does seem correct. I had used one credit card (Chase) for cruise and 4 nights hotel. It was booked at final payment so could not include air.

The other credit card (Citicard) included air. There were 2 price reductions with air which my TA did get for me before I cancelled. One was credited to Citicard and the other to Chase (incorrectly).

Excursions had been refunded right away as I cancelled them before I cancelled the cruise.

I think the sum of the refund is correct. It doesn't match the disputed amount I had on both cards. Will look at it tonight after work. FCC hit my account on June 1st for 25%.

It is finally over! I am on day 89.

Edited to say I think my refund is off by about $200. Will look into this more later when I get home.

Congratulations!  I am very happy that you finally have your refund.  Was the amount you received low by $200 or higher than you expected?  Did you use FCDs for your deposit?  When assembling my support for a possible credit card dispute (which I have not yet filed), I also retrieved the details of the credit card transaction of the charge for the FCDs that we purchased last year and used for the cancelled trip.  I have seen that some have gotten those amounts restored as FCDs and others have had them refunded.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason but as long as you have what you expected, that is all that matters.

4 minutes ago, clpughrn said:

We had a failed 14 day Caribbean cruise on Caribbean Princess Feb 1st.We had norovirus on board and were denied 5 out of 8 ports. We were returned to port 3 days early and offered 50% future credit and 50% of the fair refunded to the original form of payment. We booked through Marlin Travel and Air Canada Vacations. 81 days later still no money back. No one seems to know where the money went. They just pass the buck back and forth. No refund on my credit card. Any suggestions?

Are you in Ontario?

does your receipt show the travel agency/ air Canada vacation / or Princess as receiving the money. 

way too long to wait. Contact TA, contact Princess direct. Then file a dispute with credit card for full amount paid. 

• Thanks 1

I posted earlier that refunds showed up on 2 of the 3 cards we used.  Just got notification from the 3rd card that 2 refunds had been posted.  By my calculations, they are $363.12 short, but I am so happy to see these credits at last that I will worry about the shortage later on.  Whew.

• Like 2

I posted  this on another refund related thread so sharing it here.

OMG! The day has finally come where Princess gave me back all my refund on my two  credit cards! I was so closed in filing a  dispute for the 2nd CC that has the bigger balance. Feels like a big financial weight off my shoulder.

Cruise date was May 4th 2020 on Regal Princess(British isle cruise).

Princess cancelled it on the Phase 1 March 12th.

Option #2 selected in April.

Credit card #1(used for down payment and I disputed in May) show a final credit.

Credit card #2(used to paid the remaining cruise balance which consist of the cruise, all taxes and Princess EZ Air) got refunded on June 2nd.

FCC received late April.

The only thing I am waiting for now is:

1) For them to reimburse me(reimbursement from Princess, for the transportation cost which Isn't much. The payment would be by check. 

2) Refund for the deposit I made for the 2nd cruise which was  booked after the May 4th was cancelled. That cruise was suppose to be in August/Sept of this year. I disputed this one on my CC early on when I learned that Princess was dragging their feet and wanted to take early action in case they go bankrupt. 

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

For those of you who haven't been able to get past the front line reps to get answers specifically about your situation instead of the generic replies... I was able to reach Customer Relations at the corporate offices today by using the direct phone number supplied by @nho9504, which is (661) 753-0000 x44411. They were finally able to tell me that my request for an Option 2 refund, submitted Mar 22, had been received.

Like @clpughrn, @hpeabody and others, I am unable to file a credit card dispute because our cruises were halted in process, not cancelled before boarding. And, I am also owed amounts that were never charged by Princess to begin with, such as the balance of my onboard credit account and air fare reimbursement.

I do have news for anyone else who was aboard the Jan 5 or Jan 20 sailing of Pacific Princess, obtained from Customer Relations today. "Patty" says that this Pacific Princess voyage is being "processed" at the end of this week or the beginning of next. After processing is complete, refunds will begin to be issued. We will first see cruise fare refunds posted to our credit cards. Somewhat later, we will see checks in the mail for airfare reimbursement and onboard credit account refunds. She was unable to give me any estimates for when any of this might happen. But this is the first time I've been told that our voyage is being "processed," so perhaps it actually means something.