Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

Congratulations!  I am very happy that you finally have your refund.  Was the amount you received low by $200 or higher than you expected?  Did you use FCDs for your deposit?  When assembling my support for a possible credit card dispute (which I have not yet filed), I also retrieved the details of the credit card transaction of the charge for the FCDs that we purchased last year and used for the cancelled trip.  I have seen that some have gotten those amounts restored as FCDs and others have had them refunded.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason but as long as you have what you expected, that is all that matters.

I am $200 below what Princess told my agent what my refund would be in April when she called. I am not home right now to compare the numbers and had very little time this morning. I am just glad the bulk of it has been refunded. I will look at exact numbers this weekend. I did not use a FCD on this as I was out. I am not going to fret over $200. This was the most expensive cruise I have booked so it was a large figure for me. It is just odd how they divided it up between the 2 credit cards. Though it was odd when they credited the wrong credit card for an air refund in March. I am sure they are all related.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CJinSF said:

For those of you who haven't been able to get past the front line reps to get answers specifically about your situation instead of the generic replies... I was able to reach Customer Relations at the corporate offices today by using the direct phone number supplied by @nho9504, which is (661) 753-0000 x44411. They were finally able to tell me that my request for an Option 2 refund, submitted Mar 22, had been received.

Like @clpughrn, @hpeabody and others, I am unable to file a credit card dispute because our cruises were halted in process, not cancelled before boarding. And, I am also owed amounts that were never charged by Princess to begin with, such as the balance of my onboard credit account and air fare reimbursement.

I do have news for anyone else who was aboard the Jan 5 or Jan 20 sailing of Pacific Princess, obtained from Customer Relations today. "Patty" says that this Pacific Princess voyage is being "processed" at the end of this week or the beginning of next. After processing is complete, refunds will begin to be issued. We will first see cruise fare refunds posted to our credit cards. Somewhat later, we will see checks in the mail for airfare reimbursement and onboard credit account refunds. She was unable to give me any estimates for when any of this might happen. But this is the first time I've been told that our voyage is being "processed," so perhaps it actually means something.

CJ Thanks very much for this info.  Let's hope it really happens

On 6/2/2020 at 12:25 AM, caribill said:

I assume that you checked online with the bank to see if the refund has been posted.

When Princess says it may take one or two billing cycles, they are talking about the old days when the only way you knew of a refund was by checking your monthly statement. If you just missed the deadline for the statement in the mail, then it would take until the next statement was sent.

But these days, you can see your credit card account online and know about it the day it is posted. If Princess really sent the refund to the bank, it should show up online within 24 hours.

Full refund from Princess for our cancelled March 21 cruise appeared on my credit cards today! (On top of Option 2 FCCs already posted).

Princess and I are now on speaking terms again. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BettyCruiser said:

I received all money due to me! Processed 5/29, posted to all three different accounts on 6/2.

Regal 3/22/2020

canceled by Princess 3/12

option 2 submitted 3/12

FCC was posted back in April

I hope all others are sorted out soon.

Congrats! That was our cruise too (and we selected option 2 on March 12 like you did) and I think you responded to me last time I inquired about whether anyone from that cruise had received a refund yet.

I called last Friday (5/29) and was told that our refunds had been processed that day too.  However, as of this morning, nothing is showing on our cc.  I'm hoping that maybe by Friday, we will see it in our account.  But glad to see that someone from our cruise has actually received something! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LidoLiz said:

Full refund from Princess for our cancelled March 21 cruise appeared on my credit cards today! (On top of Option 2 FCCs already posted).

Princess and I are now on speaking terms again. 🙂

It looks like they are getting caught up. Mine was cancelled March 12 and I just got it today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Eureka! We cancelled our Regal Princess from FFL April 19 on March 15, confirmation received on March 16th. 

Option #2 - FCC and FCD received a month ago or so.

Full credit to CC dates May 29th, posted June 2nd now received.

We never contacted Princess or CC company, just waited and trusted Princess.

Now we wait for a vaccine and can plan our next cruise.

Good luck to all awaitng their refunds, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/22/2020 at 11:48 AM, ccqueenanne said:

April 4, Royal, selected option 2 on March 12. FCC received in April.

I used two credit cards for payments and just received the refund to the first card (American Express). I'd put $500 on the Amex because of the Amex Offer for $100 back on a $500 cruise charge. I did get that $100 credit immediately after charging, so I wonder if that'll get clawed back (totally fine if it does, of course).

No refund yet on my Chase card, but am now feeling very hopeful. I'm going under the assumption that processing times differ for different credit card programs.

Until I started seeing several folks posting this week about refunds coming in, I was getting ready to dispute the charges. I'm glad I didn't bother.

Good luck folks - I think the tide is turning on refunds.

I received the refund to my 2nd and final credit card today, but not without an additional step on my part. I waited a week after the above post to receive the rest of my refund, and when it didn't arrive, I called Princess on 5/29. The rep I spoke with asked for my confirmation number for the original cruise reservation. She looked up my refunds and showed them processed on 5/20. She investigated further and saw that the Chase refund "didn't go through" and she had it processed again. I've checked my Chase statement daily and the refund showed up today, but with a date of 5/29. So, once correctly processed, there was a lag on the Chase side of 3 business days.

I hope that these details may prove helpful to anyone who finds themselves in a similar position, and best of luck on your refunds!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dchan865 said:

I posted  this on another refund related thread so sharing it here.

OMG! The day has finally come where Princess gave me back all my refund on my two  credit cards! I was so closed in filing a  dispute for the 2nd CC that has the bigger balance. Feels like a big financial weight off my shoulder.

Cruise date was May 4th 2020 on Regal Princess(British isle cruise).

Princess cancelled it on the Phase 1 March 12th.

Option #2 selected in April.

Credit card #1(used for down payment and I disputed in May) show a final credit.

Credit card #2(used to paid the remaining cruise balance which consist of the cruise, all taxes and Princess EZ Air) got refunded on June 2nd.

FCC received late April.

The only thing I am waiting for now is:

1) For them to reimburse me(reimbursement from Princess, for the transportation cost which Isn't much. The payment would be by check. 

2) Refund for the deposit I made for the 2nd cruise which was  booked after the May 4th was cancelled. That cruise was suppose to be in August/Sept of this year. I disputed this one on my CC early on when I learned that Princess was dragging their feet and wanted to take early action in case they go bankrupt. 

Good luck everyone!

I was scheduled for that sailing.  We filed a credit card dispute on day 60.  I received 200.00 dollars today.  They still owe me 3860.00 cruise fare and 1750 side trips.  Did you file a dispute? A few days ago we received our cruise credits. 

April 12th - Regal.    Choice: Option #2  - March 12   ( FCC received weeks ago)

“Breaking News”:

CREDIT dated May 29th JUST POSTED TODAY, June 3rd to our credit card.

Hooray!
Received all monies owed — Full cruise fare + EZAir. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LDVinNC said:

I posted earlier that refunds showed up on 2 of the 3 cards we used.  Just got notification from the 3rd card that 2 refunds had been posted.  By my calculations, they are $363.12 short, but I am so happy to see these credits at last that I will worry about the shortage later on.  Whew.

They come in bits and pieces.  We used 2 cards and while they all came in on the same day they were 7 transactions.  DW keeps detailed records and balanced to the penny.

3 hours ago, notalandlover said:

I was scheduled for that sailing.  We filed a credit card dispute on day 60.  I received 200.00 dollars today.  They still owe me 3860.00 cruise fare and 1750 side trips.  Did you file a dispute? A few days ago we received our cruise credits. 

I filed the dispute for the CC that was used for the small $200 down payment. I did not dispute the final payment on the 2nd CC.

Hope u get your refund soon.

2 hours ago, MarkieMark16 said:

Full refund received 6/2/2020 for cruise paid for on Feb 9th, cancelled (by Princess) on March 12th scheduled to depart May 9th.  What an experience for my first "cruise" Good luck everybody.  Peace out. 

Good for you.  We also were scheduled to sail on 5/9 ..haven't rec'd FCC's/money back yet (except for shore ex). 

Now at day 84!

13 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Last time I spoke to them, 2 weeks ago, the customer relations rep was beyond rude (surprising as they have all been polite and friendly to that point) and told me that no action had been taken on my booking at that point and "You will get it eventually. I just have no idea when." Prior to this I was told it had been processed on April 29th, which was obviously not true. Now it is out of my hands and Princess and my bank can fight it out.

I feel like it might be one specific rep-- there were multiple incidents, but the most recent was when I had to call in once and deal with a name change because I forgot that her legal name (ie, password) is written as LastName FirstName, whereas she uses FirstName LastName on everything, and I was told that I'd have to pay the cancellation fee and rebook because it's a different person and "The computer is smarter than you are."

...I basically hung up on her, called back, got a different rep who apologized for the name mix-up and basically said, without any prompting from me "Well, you know how dumb these computers are." 😂

• Like 1

Its probably lost mid Atlantic or they are waiting for a cruise ship to bring it over along with ours.  We were cancelled mid cruise and it took them up til last week to agree  the percentage refund- person dealing works from home 3 days!

I was hoping to be further on before Phases 4 & 5 kick in! 😞

Edited by Aulanis

41 minutes ago, DavidandHeather said:

Day 70 since cancelling our Aug cruise on Grand Princess, no communication whatsoever after cancellation e mail received on 24th mar, simply not good enough approx £12000 owed to us by Princess.

I am now at 77 days. I have had refunds from all other organisations I had bookings with- hotels, railway companies, ticket organisations, this is just not good enough!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DavidandHeather said:

Day 70 since cancelling our Aug cruise on Grand Princess, no communication whatsoever after cancellation e mail received on 24th mar, simply not good enough approx £12000 owed to us by Princess.

I canceled a July Japan Cruisetour on April 3 about 10 days before Princess canceled. 

Up until that point I had paid 12k to Princess. The only communication that I received from Princess concerning this booking was the confirmation  of cancelation of April 3. My TA told me 30-60 days to receive the refund. Well it's 60+ days and still no communication. I get most of the information from this thread. I get the phases, times of refund to post 30-90 days or from date of cruise ( maybe October?). I have not filed a CC dispute. I have been patient. My plan is to wait another 30 days for my Cruisetour date and file a CC dispute and do what I have to do to get my money back. I don't think it should take 6-7 months to process this refund.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ICUQT said:

I canceled a July Japan Cruisetour on April 3 about 10 days before Princess canceled. 

Up until that point I had paid 12k to Princess. The only communication that I received from Princess concerning this booking was the confirmation  of cancelation of April 3. My TA told me 30-60 days to receive the refund. Well it's 60+ days and still no communication. I get most of the information from this thread. I get the phases, times of refund to post 30-90 days or from date of cruise ( maybe October?). I have not filed a CC dispute. I have been patient. My plan is to wait another 30 days for my Cruisetour date and file a CC dispute and do what I have to do to get my money back. I don't think it should take 6-7 months to process this refund.

Is Princess refunding based on cancelation date or cruise date?