Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

11 hours ago, BLK03GT said:

You did the right thing - 100%.  I doubt Princess has intentions to refund any of us and like you I've got a head start on the dispute process.  I've also filed a complaint with the Texas attorney general's office.

I agree.....Princess is not refunding anyone and if they have not been able to process refund requests from March 12, 2020 then they certainly are not going to be able to handle all of the cruises they just canceled and refunds.  They are basically committing fraud at this point and I would encourage you to file complaints with your state authorities and also write your congressional  representatives for upcoming hearings on CCL....

• Like 2

We were cancelled by Princess on March 12th for our March 15th cruise. Chose option 2 on March 12th and received FCC on or around April 10th. Filed a dispute with Amex this morning for the refund amount and they've already credited my account. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Coral said:

I cancelled my cruise for Europe in March (for April/May). I cancelled shore excursions first and was refunded those quickly (I am still waiting for refund of my cruise). My sister had a similar cruise booked for August. The first of April, she cancelled her excursions as she didn't think her cruise would go forward. She has yet to get her refund and her cruise was cancelled today.

I canceled our excursions online, but due to the crisis, the refund is not automatic.  The Princess agent told me it would be credited, regardless of whether or not it was canceled online, at the same time as the option 2 cruise refund.  

On 5/6/2020 at 12:27 PM, travelfin said:

I cancelled on March 11th, and my cruise was to have been on May 16th. I was eligible for my cancellation fees to be reimbursed in the form of FCC’s and the remainder of my cruise fare to be refunded to me. I have not received anything yet - no FCC’s nor refunds. This Saturday will be 60 days. I have also not received any emails from Princess.

Ditto!  Only I didn't cancel...Princess did, mid-cruise!

Edited by suzyed

For what it is worth, and it may not be worth anything as it came from someone at Princess. I had back to back cruises in April. I cancelled late on March11 and again on March 12 under the March 12 pause. I received an email on one of them earlier this week. I was worried that the second one was missed. I spoke to an agent who informed me that the second one had been tagged for a refund. She also informed me that she had been working on refunds earlier today, that they were working on April refunds, and that I should get my refund in a couple of weeks. 

5 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

I agree.....Princess is not refunding anyone and if they have not been able to process refund requests from March 12, 2020 then they certainly are not going to be able to handle all of the cruises they just canceled and refunds.  They are basically committing fraud at this point and I would encourage you to file complaints with your state authorities and also write your congressional  representatives for upcoming hearings on CCL....

I have read lots of posts where people HAVE received their refund.  All the Princess employees are working from home and have to process each account manually. My understanding is they don't have access to the same computer info as they do when they are physically at work. They have to check the fares, payments made, and how it was paid.

Patience is a virtue (and it is not nice to spread rumors that have no fact basis)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, adstz said:

I have read lots of posts where people HAVE received their refund.  All the Princess employees are working from home and have to process each account manually. My understanding is they don't have access to the same computer info as they do when they are physically at work. They have to check the fares, payments made, and how it was paid.

Patience is a virtue (and it is not nice to spread rumors that have no fact basis)

Patience is a virtue but how much patience.....months of empty promises?

Not sure where you got your information from but I hope it is true?

However,  according to the CC poll on here passengers who were canceled in the March 12th, 2020 mass cancelations by Princess and given either Option #1 (FFC) or Option #2 (Refund/FCC) have received nothing other than FCCs and Princess keeps moving the goal posts on monetary refunds.   

There have been newspaper articles also stating that cruise lines are reluctant to return passenger fares.  

So there are quite a few of us at this point who have evidently run out of patience with Princess and believe nothing they say in regards to refunds and do not believe they are working on monetary refunds as they say they are.

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, adstz said:

I sure would like to know where you are seeing those posts. I certainly have not seen any such posts except from "dog" and a few others who cancelled before the March 12 pause.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

I sure would like to know where you are seeing those posts. I certainly have not seen any such posts except from "dog" and a few others who cancelled before the March 12 pause.

I canceled Mar 8 and still no refund.

3 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

really, what does it matter?

you will get your refund when Or If Princess gets around to it, won’t you? 

people do not post here to avoid , well never mind. 

50 minutes ago, dog said:

really, what does it matter?

you will get your refund when Or If Princess gets around to it, won’t you? 

people do not post here to avoid , well never mind. 

Well, it does not matter to you because you got your refund.  It sure matters to the rest of us.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I cancelled on March 10th, and my cancellation email from Princess is dated March 11th - 8 weeks ago yesterday. This morning, I phoned Princess and was told that they have no idea when I might see my refund. The representative also told me she doesn’t know what cruise dates are currently being worked on, so there’s no way to know where in the queue I am.  She indicated that representatives have been asking for this information so they can share this with customers who call, but they are being told nothing. This is alarming to me. I didn’t want to,  but for my own financial protection, this morning I filed disputes with the two credit cards I used to pay for my cruise. I had been booked on a May 16th Alaska cruise. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, travelfin said:

I cancelled on March 10th, and my cancellation email from Princess is dated March 11th - 8 weeks ago yesterday. This morning, I phoned Princess and was told that they have no idea when I might see my refund. The representative also told me she doesn’t know what cruise dates are currently being worked on, so there’s no way to know where in the queue I am.  She indicated that representatives have been asking for this information so they can share this with customers who call, but they are being told nothing. This is alarming to me. I didn’t want to,  but for my own financial protection, this morning I filed disputes with the two credit cards I used to pay for my cruise. I had been booked on a May 16th Alaska cruise. 

I think you did the right thing, at this point. All the best in getting a resolution in your favour. Save all written documentaion-receipts, cancellation notices, dates etc.  good luck!

1 hour ago, adstz said:

• Haha 1

Not sure where you are getting your information that people HAVE received their refund.  Certainly not representative of the posts on this web site.  Please share with us the source of your information

• Like 6

1 hour ago, PrincessLuver said:

Patience is a virtue but how much patience.....months of empty promises?

Not sure where you got your information from but I hope it is true?

However,  according to the CC poll on here passengers who were canceled in the March 12th, 2020 mass cancelations by Princess and given either Option #1 (FFC) or Option #2 (Refund/FCC) have received nothing other than FCCs and Princess keeps moving the goal posts on monetary refunds.   

There have been newspaper articles also stating that cruise lines are reluctant to return passenger fares.  

So there are quite a few of us at this point who have evidently run out of patience with Princess and believe nothing they say in regards to refunds and do not believe they are working on monetary refunds as they say they are.

Agree with you!  How long are we to be patient?  We applied for and received CONFIRMATION of our request for Option #1 FCC on MARCH 15TH.  Today is MAY 7th.  Seems we have been VERY patient.  We have gotten NOTHING from Princess concerning this compensation since March 15th.  No refunds, no FCCs., no emails, nada!
We are no longer confident that Princess is going to giving refunds or FCC and we are afraid that they will soon go bankrupt (especially after the lawsuits that I am sure are being teed up).  Which means we all are going to be screwed.   
I am, currently on the line with Princess for some answers....30 minutes and counting.....now they are transferring me to customer relations where someone can answer my questions!  Hmmm?  Thought I was talking to customer relations? 

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, suzyed said:

I am, currently on the line with Princess for some answers....30 minutes and counting.....now they are transferring me to customer relations where someone can answer my questions!  Hmmm?  Thought I was talking to customer relations? 

Please do let us know if you learn anything at all from Princess.  Hope you do, but doubt you will.

52 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Agree with you!  How long are we to be patient?  We applied for and received CONFIRMATION of our request for Option #1 FCC on MARCH 15TH.  Today is MAY 7th.  Seems we have been VERY patient.  We have gotten NOTHING from Princess concerning this compensation since March 15th.  No refunds, no FCCs., no emails, nada!
We are no longer confident that Princess is going to giving refunds or FCC and we are afraid that they will soon go bankrupt (especially after the lawsuits that I am sure are being teed up).  Which means we all are going to be screwed.   

I talked to customer relations on Tuesday. Was told 60-90 days and that is based on the date of the cruise. When I asked what cruises they are working on, she said April!! I said so date of cancellation means nothingL She said that is correct. We know April is wrong since some people haven't got refunds from February cruises!! 

• Like 1

This seems simple to me.....you have $10,000 of my money. You were unable to perform the service I paid for, even though it was through no fault of yours. I want my money back.  You have been either unable or unwilling to comply with my refund request that you solicited. Do you really expect me to ever step foot on another one of your ships?  

Seems Simple to me.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, trrn2016 said:

I talked to customer relations on Tuesday. Was told 60-90 days and that is based on the date of the cruise. When I asked what cruises they are working on, she said April!! I said so date of cancellation means nothingL She said that is correct. We know April is wrong since some people haven't got refunds from February cruises!! 

Well our Island cruise for March 17 was cancelled and no refund. Received the FCC. I received an email saying it is taking them a while to do all the refunds. rest assured, we will receive it. That was last week.

I boarded the ship on Jan 20th.  I was one of those passengers ON A CRUISE, the World Cruise 2020, in the middle of the Indian Ocean when the pause was announced mid-March.  Our captain was given orders to make a U-turn and go back to Fremantle, Australia (which took 8 days, making 18 straight days at sea) where we were put off the ship on March 21st and commercially flown home.

As of May 7, 2020

I am currently owed (approximately to the best of my knowledge)

Travel Expenses = $2,818 (Request submitted March 25th)

Option 2 Cash Refund = $30,773.51 For 70 missed days (Request submitted Apr 10th)

Option 2 FCC Bonus Credit = $30,773.51 (Request submitted Apr 10th)

Folio "Refundable OBC"  Refund = $2,715 (Submitted date unknown, possibly after Apr 20th)

Princess Interaction To Date:

2 on board letters Re: compensation, the second, dated March 19th essentially replaces the first.

1 Automated Email Re: Travel Expense Submission 3/25/20

1 Conversation with Customer Relations Re: Travel Expense Submission about 4/5/20.   Was told 1 item will be denied, but will be forwarded as "approved" less  denied item. (Passenger Services director on board verbally said this will be reimbursable, Santa Clarita HQ personnel told not reimbursable )

1 Automated Email Re: Option 2 Submission 4/10/20

1 Conversation with Customer Relations Re: Any kind of status available?, Answer NO, but they are working in some kind of date order.  Also discussed Folio "Refundable OBC"  Refund check.  Was told Princess will scrutinize to determine what portion is "refundable"   So I now anticipate the amount will not be what was shown in my folio when I disembarked.  Unable to give me a date when the "clock" starts on this.

Princess Website/Captains Circle
To Date:

NO UPDATES, cruise abruptly halted still showing

To add to the fun, my September cruise was cancelled yesterday.  My TA priced moving to 2021 and the fare is about double, so ... No thanks.

Yes, I understand I need to have patience, but I really wonder if I will ever see any of this?

Signed, NOT a very happy Princess camper

• Like 1

Yesterday our Third cruise of the year was just cancelled.  3 strikes and I'm out.... til....?

I have done cc dispute on first 2.  Gotten credit card refund on One so far.

(they are ALL over 60 days, so don't let that stop you from disputing.)

Doing Option 2 again, for Third cancelled cruise.

I want $$$ back and NOT more FCC's. 

So I Will be doing cc dispute on Cruise #3, soon as I look up dates it was paid.

Theres No reason not to.

I've also requested Refunds on all my Future Cruise Deposits.

Why have that $$ hanging out there too?

Next year, we will see how things transpire. 

But for now, I do NOT see it in my best interest, for Princess to Hold my $$ For Me.  

I want it back.

Edited by CalLuvsCrusingToo
  • Like 4