Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

22 minutes ago, spantz said:

Question for all of you that received the new princess email yesterday, did you cancel your cruise before the mass cancellation? I did not get an email yesterday but I did get one last week saying they are still working on my refund. I did not cancel before the mass cancellation.

Edited by koolforkatz
clarity

24 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

So it looks like this is going to people who canceled before their March 12, 2020 cancelations that they did.  Is that the way others are reading it?

That is what the first sentence says.  Got this email last night, filled out the form again.....

I cancelled on March 11th, and my cruise was to have been on May 16th. I was eligible for my cancellation fees to be reimbursed in the form of FCC’s and the remainder of my cruise fare to be refunded to me. I have not received anything yet - no FCC’s nor refunds. This Saturday will be 60 days. I have also not received any emails from Princess.

• Like 1

4/8/20 cruise, Princess cancelled it 3/12/20, we filed for Option 2 on 3/17/20 (received receipt), added additional expenses (hotel and visas) 4/20/20, cancelled 6 pending FCD's on 4/19/20, not a word from Princess, phoned twice and was promised emails re: cancellation compensation and FCD refund, never got either email.

LOVED cruising but no love for Princess anymore, Ditto CCL and NCL.

May wait until 60 days (5/16) to dispute charge on Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa.

Also owed cruise refunds from NCL and Cunard, FCD refund from HAL.

Edited by latserrof

2 hours ago, koolforkatz said:

I posted the recent long email from Princess last nite.

Yes I cancelled mar 6 before mar12 mass cancellation.

mar 6 was when princess sent email out with more OBC enticements IF you decided to not cancel.

Seeing the writing on the wall we cancelled. On mar12 I filled in option 2 and received acknowledgement.

last nite as I posted I received the ‘are you really sure you don’t want option 1 cuz it’s worth more’ email. 

I just received an email response from my PVP after I emailed her last nite after I got that long email.

Have yet to receive anything from my ‘contact us’’ feedback email I sent .

so the PVP reply is more mixed messages as to WHO got the latest email and WHY it was sent.

However at least I have a real person confirming my Option 2 Choice and that I’m in the queue.

in part she wrote :

This email was sent out to all passengers for the cancelled cruise.

It is basically letting people know if they have not filled out the form to do so and also if anyone would like to change their option before May 31.

i thanked her but replied to her that according to CC, not all did get email ; not that she can do much. 

Edited by remydiva

That emails claims to default to the cash-refund option... my guess is that people who filed for a cash refund are getting that email, to see if they're willing to change their mind now.

Having said that, I have five(six?) Option 2s plus return travel reimbursement pending any kind of a response and I haven't gotten any communication worth mentioning, so... who knows.

8 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

More lies from Princess.  If people did not fill it out, it would default to Option 1 which is clearly what they want to begin with.

I filled it out for Option #1 on March 12....haven't gotten the preceeding email and haven't gotten my FCCs.
Yup...more lies!

11 minutes ago, Cuedon said:

That emails claims to default to the cash-refund option... my guess is that people who filed for a cash refund are getting that email, to see if they're willing to change their mind now.

I tend to agree with you; the email reads as if it was sent to people who cancelled on their own (before March 12), and its now trying to coax them into the ‘better deal’ FCC option.  I think it only went to cruisers who were booked through the May 11 first round; we did not get it and had cancelled on our own for a May 29 cruise.

On 3/13/2020 at 8:35 PM, lahore said:

Hi,  I cancelled under the new cancellation policy on the day it came out.  I received an email but the money has not hit my account.  Obviously I know things are terribly unusual and Princess and Banks are no doubt terribly overburdened.   However, I was just wondering if people are starting to get their refunds trickling through?  My bank has - in the past - been very slow with refunds so I’m curious.  In Australia by the way.

Lots of posts on this thread but was wondering if you ever got an answer to the original question? I paid on various credit cards  (Visa for Costco and AMEX for Princess excursions) and called Princess to ask if they were going to issue refund to one card or to the various cards and I really didn't get an answer. 

4 hours ago, trrn2016 said:

I just filed a credit card dispute with Chase for my cruise on May 4, 2020 that was cancelled on March 5, 2020. Was it the right thing? I dont know but at least I feel I am doing something in an attempt to get my money refunded.

You now have the right to collect from Princess and the TA who processed the credit card.

Our Alaska cruise was scheduled to depart on May 16.  On March 10 we notified Princess that we had decided to cancel the cruise. Did not receive a cancellation notice until 3/16.  Had intended to wait for a refund and, if it had not been received after 60 days we would file a dispute with Citibank.  However, given the mixed messages from Princess and the obvious lack of any refunds based on the experience of others on this web site, I decided to file a dispute today.  Was advised that a provisional credit would be issued within two business days and that Princess had 45 days to respond to the dispute

19 minutes ago, susantx3 said:

You now have the right to collect from Princess and the TA who processed the credit card.

What do you mean by that? I would not collect from both but just want my money back once!

4 hours ago, spantz said:

Question for all of you that received the new princess email yesterday, did you cancel your cruise before the mass cancellation? I did not get an email yesterday but I did get one last week saying they are still working on my refund. I did not cancel before the mass cancellation.

Yes, I am one that received the new Princess email yesterday and I cancelled before Princess did their initial global 60 day pause.  I chose Option 2.  

• Like 1

We were booked on a TA/B2B March/April and waited it out for Princess to cancel rather than cancelling myself. (I had booked directly rather than through a travel agent). We elected to take Option 1 since we are booked on the WC 2021 and wanted to apply the FCC to it. Yesterday received an email regarding my cancelled cruise including a cancellation charge which prompted a phone call to them today. As it turns out the email went out in error and I was told to disregard. They also just processed the FCC which is now showing on my account (this took about 9 weeks). Air was booked through EZAir. The FCC didn't show any reimbursement for air, transfers, port expenses, taxes, etc. Today I was told that this will be applied to my credit card and should hit in a few days. So it seems that all is going in the right direction & hoping the world will open and be safe to travel through by the end of the year .... Stay well everyone! 

1 minute ago, mthomp5 said:

Yes, I am one that received the new Princess email yesterday and I cancelled before Princess did their initial global 60 day pause.  I chose Option 2.  

We were supposed to be on a cancelled Feb 13 Sapphire cruise from Singapore and were never given the options to choose from. In fact, everything I’ve seen about the forms show dates beginning March 12 and beyond.  Has anyone with sail dates before the mass cancellations been asked to complete any kind of form?

We were told by our TA what the compensation would be at the time our voyage was cancelled, but can’t confirm anything with Princess. Our TA called them today asking specifically about our account and talked to three different people and received three different answers, she is now waiting to hear from a supervisor.

We are close to disputing our credit card charges although our deposit was paid in July with final payment in October, not sure if we will get it approved. We were turned down by Chase’s travel insurance coverage, they won’t cover pandemic losses.

Does anyone know if you dispute the charge, and receive credit, how that will affect the FCC’s you should receive since that isn’t part of your payment that was charged?

2 hours ago, mv_hana said:

We were booked on a TA/B2B March/April and waited it out for Princess to cancel rather than cancelling myself. (I had booked directly rather than through a travel agent). We elected to take Option 1 since we are booked on the WC 2021 and wanted to apply the FCC to it. Yesterday received an email regarding my cancelled cruise including a cancellation charge which prompted a phone call to them today. As it turns out the email went out in error and I was told to disregard. They also just processed the FCC which is now showing on my account (this took about 9 weeks). Air was booked through EZAir. The FCC didn't show any reimbursement for air, transfers, port expenses, taxes, etc. Today I was told that this will be applied to my credit card and should hit in a few days. So it seems that all is going in the right direction & hoping the world will open and be safe to travel through by the end of the year .... Stay well everyone! 

Let's all hope this crisis ends soon 

• Like 1

I did not pay for my cruise in full but did purchase shore excursions.  Upon learning they cancelled my 8/17/20 cruise from NYC to Greenland I went online and cancelled the excursions myself.  

Does anyone know if the prepaid excursion refunds be automatically processed since they were cancelled by me thru Princess.com and not manually by an Princess Cruise consultant?

Edited by Syracusefan

1 minute ago, Syracusefan said:

I did not pay for my cruise in full but did purchase shore excursions.  Upon learning they cancelled my 8/17/20 cruise from NYC to Greenland I went online and cancelled the excursions myself.  

Does anyone know if the prepaid excursion refunds be automatically processed since they were cancelled by me thru Princess.com and not manually by an Princess Cruise consultant?

I cancelled my cruise for Europe in March (for April/May). I cancelled shore excursions first and was refunded those quickly (I am still waiting for refund of my cruise). My sister had a similar cruise booked for August. The first of April, she cancelled her excursions as she didn't think her cruise would go forward. She has yet to get her refund and her cruise was cancelled today.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Syracusefan said:

I cancelled excursions a couple weeks ago for a cruise that was on the cancellation list released today 😞 I haven't received a refund yet, and in the past when I've had to cancel it's only taken around 10 days.  But now I fear we will be lost in the quagmire of all these other refunds.  

Edited by Paula_MacFan

9 hours ago, trrn2016 said:

I just filed a credit card dispute with Chase for my cruise on May 4, 2020 that was cancelled on March 5, 2020. Was it the right thing? I dont know but at least I feel I am doing something in an attempt to get my money refunded.

You did the right thing - 100%.  I doubt Princess has intentions to refund any of us and like you I've got a head start on the dispute process.  I've also filed a complaint with the Texas attorney general's office.

Edited by BLK03GT
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Syracusefan said:

I canceled prepaid gratuities and prepaid Crown Grill dinner on 3/12 when my March 22 cruise on Regal was canceled by Princess. I have not received any money back yet, so those refunds are not automatically processed. 

With Princess struggling to get all cruises in the first pause settled, I wonder how long folks in today's HUGE next wave of cancellations will be waiting?  Many will just be deposits paid so far, but thousands and thousands to deal with.  Our default deadline for Options 1/2 is June 15, so nothing will be done until then no doubt to allow for decisions.  With only FCD's on a Fall cruise, we will go with the default and happily bank double the amount as FCC.  $200 bucks isn't a big deal compared to the folks who are waiting on full payments.  So, easy decision to accept $400 FCC.

Today, we cancelled hotels and private tours.  And wonder when we can Escape Completely and then Come Back New.  

Edited by Steelers36

How far out have people gotten cancellation notices for in this latest wave? I got a notice for a mid-August Baltic, and I see in another thread an October Mediterranean is off too. I've got a South America still on in December though, so they either only extend to around November, or there are regional differences.

7 hours ago, Cuedon said:

How far out have people gotten cancellation notices for in this latest wave? I got a notice for a mid-August Baltic, and I see in another thread an October Mediterranean is off too. I've got a South America still on in December though, so they either only extend to around November, or there are regional differences.

Here's the link to the list of cancelled cruises. Many as far out as November.

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/global-ship-operations-pause-2020-summer-season.html