Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

Amex Platinum immediately confirmed the dispute and resolved it in my favor. BMOHarris MasterCard confirmed the dispute but said they would investigate and let me know. I had a small charge on a Chase Visa And they’ve told me it’s too late to dispute through them. I didn’t have enough time on my end to try to escalate to a manager but will try again. 

If you are considering a credit card dispute or are on the fence you might want to check your credit card rules for disputing a charge with regard to time.  Don't sit on the fence if you only have a limited number of days in which to file a claim.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

I dont think FCCs could ever be used as a deposit? 

i us d my FCC to book a cruise in April. Princess would not let me use FCC to pay the deposit. Had to use a FCD or cash(credit card) for the deposit. The booking asked for $520 deposit for my cabin, however the Rep reduced my deposit to $260/cabin as a past passenger. 

I hope this is helpful. 

be safe. Dog

adding—- changes happen and that may be the case re: TA video posted on this site mentions this 

Edited by dog

31 minutes ago, dog said:

i us d my FCC to book a cruise in April. Princess would not let me use FCC to pay the deposit. Had to use a FCD or cash(credit card) for the deposit. The booking asked for $520 deposit for my cabin, however the Rep reduced my deposit to $260/cabin as a past passenger. 

I hope this is helpful. 

be safe. Dog

adding—- changes happen and that may be the case re: TA video posted on this site mentions this 

2 other things on that clip: (1) FCC will cover deposits soon (2) new rebook options for cancelled destinations (similar to what Alaska cruises now get) ie: additional OBC

To view clip search for: 

Princess TA Webinar May 7

By lderochi, Thursday at 08:47 AM in Princess Cruises

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I checked in with our friends today to find out if they had received their FCC and refunds.  They were supposed to be on the Sky Princess with us and we were due to depart yesterday.  We cancelled two days before the first pause was announced and got a partial refund but are awaiting the rest.  They didn't cancel early and chose Option 1.  They haven't gotten their FCC, any refund, nor have they heard anything from Princess about it since the March 12th email announcing the first pause.  I reached out to our TA for an update today and the latest she has heard from Princess is that they are now saying that all of the pause 1 and 2 cruises should be done within 2 to 4 weeks of May 31st.  I hope the TAs push Princess on this point during the next webinar.  The goal posts keep getting moved!

Unfortunately, the webinars are hosted by the VP of sales - he gives the standard lines of "overwhelmed' "processing as fast as they can" "be patient". I'm not sure he knows much more than the rest of us. If he does know, it's certainly not coming out on any of the webinars.

2 hours ago, dog said:

that may be the case re: TA video posted on this site mentions this 

My apologies if it's easy to find, but I cannot find a video.  Can you say who posted or a posting number?

3 hours ago, dog said:

Yup - I stand (well sit) corrected  Tho' think it was correct up to the 6 May?

Its not clear from the slides whether that is for all cruises or just the ones mentioned?

image.png.c6e0ebf4679ac2c645da42998008935d.png

Why are they not telling ordinary people.  can anyone say if these  Webinars are

regular? weekly? when they feel like it?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Unfortunately, the webinars are hosted by the VP of sales - he gives the standard lines of "overwhelmed' "processing as fast as they can" "be patient". I'm not sure he knows much more than the rest of us. If he does know, it's certainly not coming out on any of the webinars.

Yes but the April 23rd webinar he hosted just before the most recent webinar had a slide in it indicating that the pause 1 FCCs would be paid by April 30th.  So as of two weeks ago he seemed to be in the know enough to broadcast this to travel advisors.  I completely understand that this is an unprecedented situation but I wish that Princess would be upfront about the changing timelines, especially when they change so soon after being announced.  Just letting it sit creates a lot of extra work and frustration for all involved.

image.png.620b6c5596cfbb28e75fa15dee62a65b.png

44 minutes ago, as400guy said:

My apologies if it's easy to find, but I cannot find a video.  Can you say who posted or a posting number?

I mentioned the Princess TA Webinar May 7 By lderochi, Thursday at 08:47 AM in Princess Cruises

earlier. The actual webinar is post #10. https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/news/PrincessUpdate6Presentation.pdf

Here's the 2 slides I liked:20200511_122903.thumb.jpg.99e9896478c6647bad640e0116d30379.jpg

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Yes but the April 23rd webinar he hosted just before the most recent webinar had a slide in it indicating that the pause 1 FCCs would be paid by April 30th.  So as of two weeks ago he seemed to be in the know enough to broadcast this to travel advisors.  I completely understand that this is an unprecedented situation but I wish that Princess would be upfront about the changing timelines, especially when they change so soon after being announced.  Just letting it sit creates a lot of extra work and frustration for all involved.

image.png.620b6c5596cfbb28e75fa15dee62a65b.png

Yes, the timeline given for pause 1 FCC was April 30th. In the webinar we just attended, it was verbally confirmed that all FCC for pause 1 had all been completed. I submitted my question three times - why were so many people from pause 1 (me included) still not seeing FCC. The question was ignored. We can't verbally ask questions, we submit them via the Q&A chat and they choose which to address.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, shpshootr said:

For those that have won the dispute and received credit from their credit card companies, did Princess still give you the future cruise credit as well? Just curious as my cruise was for March 21, 2020, and of course no refund yet and I want to file a dispute but was curious if they would still give the fcc as well. 

Yes we got our FCC. 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 8:02 PM, dearinger said:

So I am one of the few who has received their FCC back (and their refund to my debit card). I still haven’t received my check for the reimbursement (Hotel, airfare upgrades, etc..)  but Princess had called and let me know it was approved and on its way. 

Anyway, I say that to give context, today I called my big online travel agent to apply my FCC (that show up in both of our accounts) and I stayed on hold while she called Princess. We have a cruise booked next February that I wanted to apply the balance to. She came back on the line and told me that cruise doesn’t qualify for the FCC. 

The TA didn’t understand why and she got a supervisor who confirmed that not all cruises apply. She (Princess supervisor) said she would research it and call me back on Monday afternoon to be sure. 

It does say on my FCC:

Not all credits are combinable or available on every voyage and/or itinerary. 
Please contact your travel agent or call 1-800-PRINCESS for details.

So, my question is do these credits only apply to new bookings that the price has already been jacked up to make up for the FCC? I did a couple checks next year for things I had looked at before and they were quite a bit more expensive. My February cruise is now $1200 more when I did a mock booking. We did really get a good deal. 

Anyone else who got their FCC run into this when trying to apply it?

I see you posted back on page 41. Glad you got to use your FCC in that booking, after all. No rhyme or reason as to why you got your refund for a May cruise before the April sailings 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ringers0815 said:

Yes we got our FCC. 

has Princess actually posted anything as to how this will actually work out ?? cc dispute vrs waiting for Princess to work thru the refund and FCC ??

in my not so humble opinion … well, what does that matter, anyway what I think should happen ??

9 minutes ago, dog said:

I see you posted back on page 41. Glad you got to use your FCC in that booking, after all. No rhyme or reason as to why you got your refund for a May cruise before the April sailings 

Yes, I was originally told that my booking didn’t qualify for a FCC and I had to argue and get a supervisor. She promised to research and call me back, and she did. She apologized and said that it is new and there is a lot of misinformation amongst the CSR’s and was able to apply it to my booking next February. 

I am still waiting on paying off my cruise (just deposit and FCC now) until I feel comfortable with the company and I see everyone getting their money back. I am still a bit worried about the state of CCL going into next year. I am hoping they get their act together and the money starts to flow back to their loyal customers. We aren’t Elite or special so I am unsure why we got lucky. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dearinger said:

Yes, I was originally told that my booking didn’t qualify for a FCC and I had to argue and get a supervisor. She promised to research and call me back, and she did. She apologized and said that it is new and there is a lot of misinformation amongst the CSR’s and was able to apply it to my booking next February. 

I am still waiting on paying off my cruise (just deposit and FCC now) until I feel comfortable with the company and I see everyone getting their money back. I am still a bit worried about the state of CCL going into next year. I am hoping they get their act together and the money starts to flow back to their loyal customers. We aren’t Elite or special so I am unsure why we got lucky. 

I’m with you in being cautious moving forward.
While I’d Like to believe I’m waiting patiently, vs naively, for my April 19 refund and FCC , until I see some uptick in refunds reported here or one one of the Princess passenger  FB Pages, I’m not willing to invest any more of my self funded retirement savings by booking another cruise. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, voljeep said:

has Princess actually posted anything as to how this will actually work out ?? cc dispute vrs waiting for Princess to work thru the refund and FCC ??

in my not so humble opinion … well, what does that matter, anyway what I think should happen ??

I had problems redeeming my FCC due to my cruise not being “approved” for use of a FCC and they originally said I would need to rebook. It was straightened out in the end, but I was concerned that we wouldn’t get our FCC because I had disputed (and won) our Ez-Air fare. We did receive our cruise fare back (without disputing it) to my debit card for our cruise that was supposed to start yesterday. 

4 hours ago, Aulanis said:

I dont think FCCs could ever be used as a deposit? 

I am not aware of that ... I know they could never be used to taxes and fees but, not sure they couldn't be used for deposits.  Nevertheless, it was not clarified when option #1 was offered.  Not only that but some are reporting, after choosing option #1, certain cruises are now excluded.  

35 minutes ago, Sail4th said:

Cancelled my Panama cruise set to sail March 15 on March 11, filled out the form for FCC on March 12, on May 12 still nothing. 

And you've met every single deadline in your entire life, right!?

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Sail4th said:

Cancelled my Panama cruise set to sail March 15 on March 11, filled out the form for FCC on March 12, on May 12 still nothing. 

Princess has proved to be an untrustworthy and unethical company and has no problem lying and stealing from thousands of its passengers by the way it canceled cruises and then did not refund monies it promised to do in the time it did.  

Princess will have a hard time ever presenting itself as "The Love Boat Again."  It was really unnecessary for them to hurt their brand so bad if they just would have been transparent.  Too heavy a lift for Princess it seems and it really would not bother me at this point in time if they do not make it as a business.

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Princess has proved to be an untrustworthy and unethical company and has no problem lying and stealing from thousands of its passengers by the way it canceled cruises and then did not refund monies it promised to do in the time it did.  

Princess will have a hard time ever presenting itself as "The Love Boat Again."  It was really unnecessary for them to hurt their brand so bad if they just would have been transparent.  Too heavy a lift for Princess it seems and it really would not bother me at this point in time if they do not make it as a business.

And they did so on purpose, right!?

Oy veh.

• Like 8