Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

Just now, CineGraphic said:

And they did so on purpose, right!?

Oy veh.

Help me understand why you are Ok with a company holding I thousands of your dollars while making hollow promises and outright lying?  Princess doesn't care about you, or me, or any pax.  These are business decisions they are making to stay viable.  Why would you willingly be a part of that?  I genuinely don't understand.

• Like 12

On 5/2/2020 at 9:14 AM, Princess1999 said:

The other 3 passengers with whom I travelled, just received their refunds this a.m. via credit card reimbursement.  (2 days after I received mine).   Princess cancelled our cruise on 3/7, midway through a 14 day cruise on Regal.    The fcc were returned within 2 days of disembarking.    I hope these details offer some hope that funds are coming through.   We did not receive that email some are describing, saying that they are working on a person’s refund.   

Best to all!

thanks for posting. There are still members on here saying no one got refunds.. happy for all of you.

4 minutes ago, BLK03GT said:

Help me understand why you are Ok with a company holding I thousands of your dollars while making hollow promises and outright lying?  Princess doesn't care about you, or me, or any pax.  These are business decisions they are making to stay viable.  Why would you willingly be a part of that?  I genuinely don't understand.

Just because they've missed a few deadlines doesn't mean they don't care. You're assuming way too much, in an unprecedented situation.  If they truly didn't care about you as you claim, they wouldn't even answer the phones. Sheesh!

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, CineGraphic said:

Just because they've missed a few deadlines doesn't mean they don't care. You're assuming way too much, in an unprecedented situation.  If they truly didn't care about you as you claim, they wouldn't even answer the phones. Sheesh!

Their lack of transparency, lack of  communications, moving goal posts, pushing enhanced FCC instead of refunds tells the tale.  While they answer the phone they literally have nothing to say.  I'm glad you're ok with them holding your money and I wish you the best in getting it back.

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

Princess answers the phone to get new bookings and to make it look to guests like it’s safe to make those bookings, thus taking in new funds that they may cancel those bookings on as well and not refund anyone, after months of asking for patience. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

What are people here submitting as poof to the Credit carD company?  I took a quick look at the dispute resolution form for Costco Visa, and they require that proof of attempt to resolve the dispute be attached.   Well, I don’t have much (as in nothing) from Princess. Thanks for any suggestions.

7 minutes ago, LawDog61 said:

What are people here submitting as poof to the Credit carD company?  I took a quick look at the dispute resolution form for Costco Visa, and they require that proof of attempt to resolve the dispute be attached.   Well, I don’t have much (as in nothing) from Princess. Thanks for any suggestions.

Chase just asked for my last communication with them.  At the time I took note of the rep I talked with,  the time, and the date. That was about it. They were satisfied with what I gave them.  You can just call Princess back and get the same info, I imagine that would be enough.  Maybe others with the Costco card can chime in with how they did it.

Edited by BLK03GT

21 minutes ago, dog said:

thanks for posting. There are still members on here saying no one got refunds.. happy for all of you.

I think the refunds that people are talking about are those from the suspension of operations back on 3/12/20.  Looks like those that were canceled mid cruise, those that were quarantined during their cruise where they quarantined (eg:  Diamond, Grand ... maybe others) and those that had specific cruises canceled prior to 3/12 have gotten refunds.  I'm not really seeing a lot of posts of people getting refunds where their cruise was in the big initial suspension of operations, though, much less that second round back on April 14th.    

• Like 3

I had a cruise booked for April and it was cancelled early on. I was supposed to be going on the Diamond Princess. I got a refund to my credit card for the full fare amount. However I have not received a few hundred dollars worth of tax refunds that I was told was coming by cheque. The cruise was cancelled in February and I got my refund after 3 weeks. I did not have to ring up and ask.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I acknowledge that these are challenging times ... and that Princess, along with a great many companies, is facing a monumental task.

Princess has chosen to offer either cash refunds or FCCs for cancelled sailings ... and those offerings keep changing.  Dou le deposit, anyone?

The refund offerings keep changing and being enhanced, and the number of cancellations continues to grow.    And the refund processing gets more bogged down by the hour.

I understood early on thar Princess stzffers were working from home ... using paper and pencil to calculate each refund one by one ... necessitated by the convoluted and ever-changing refund offers.

Now, I have no clue how many staffers have been tasked with refunding.

But, picture this:  a single person may be able to process 4, at most 5, refunds an hour x 8 hours/day x 5 or 6 workdays/week = 240 refunds/week for each processor.  For 18 ships ... from so far, 2  months of cancellations.

Starts to explain how long this process will take ... I should live long enough to see tbe credit on my Chase card!

Actually, I cancelled my 19-day Fall sailing a couple of weeks ago ... waa quoted 60 days to credit our FCDs back to credit card.  I seriously doubt I'll ever see my $200, and I'm willing to write it off  ... but that will determine with whom I spend my next vacation dollars.

I really feel bad for those who are waiting way longer than me for way more money.  Good luck to all! 

Edited by pms4104
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

I acknowledge that these are challenging times ... and that Princess, along with a great many companies, is facing a monumental task.

Princess has chosen to offer either cash refunds or FCCs for cancelled sailings ... and those offerings keep changing.  Dou le deposit, anyone?

The refund offerings keep changing and being enhanced, and the number of cancellations continues to grow.    And the refund processing gets more bogged down by the hour.

I understood early on thar Princess stzffers were working from home ... using paper and pencil to calculate each refund one by one ... necessitated by the convoluted and ever-changing refund offers.

Now, I have no clue how many staffers have been tasked with refunding.

But, picture this:  a single person may be able to process 4, at most 5, refunds an hour x 8 hours/day x 5 or 6 workdays/week = 240 refunds/week for each processor.  For 18 ships ... form so far, 2  months if cancellations.

Starts to explain how long this process will take ... I should live long enough to see tbe credit on my Chase card!

Actually, I cancelled my 19-day Fall sailing a couple of weeks ago ... waa quoted 60 days to credit our FCDs back to credit card.  I seriously doubt I'll ever see my $200, and I'm willing to write it off  ... but that will determine with whom I spend my next vacation dollars.

I really feel bad for those who are waiting way longer than me for way more money.  Good luck to all! 

My confusion comes in where most (?) people from pause 1 now have the FCCs calculated and posted, whether they chose option 1 or 2. So, if a rep has gone into each of those bookings and taken the time to calculate and create the FCC, surely the refund is an obvious next step on that booking? Why would you only do half of the process? My only thought is that it goes to a different department for approval, but even then there doesn't seem to be a logical reason as to why the FCC can be processed but the refund not.

(And I use the term "most" above loosely, since I still don't have mine)

• Like 2

Called Princess and spoke with nice man Carl, when I asked about the status of my refund, he said it had been sent to finance and he said to hold he’d check with them then the line went dead at 7:01pm....

13 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

My confusion comes in where most (?) people from pause 1 now have the FCCs calculated and posted, whether they chose option 1 or 2. So, if a rep has gone into each of those bookings and taken the time to calculate and create the FCC, surely the refund is an obvious next step on that booking? Why would you only do half of the process? My only thought is that it goes to a different department for approval, but even then there doesn't seem to be a logical reason as to why the FCC can be processed but the refund not.

(And I use the term "most" above loosely, since I still don't have mine)

Cash flow, perhaps?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BLK03GT said:

Chase just asked for my last communication with them.  At the time I took note of the rep I talked with,  the time, and the date. That was about it. They were satisfied with what I gave them.  You can just call Princess back and get the same info, I imagine that would be enough.  Maybe others with the Costco card can chime in with how they did it.

Agreed about Chase! I filed my dispute today and it was quick & easy. About a ten minute phone call & no paperwork required. 

• Like 1

On 3/12 our 2 early May cruises were canceled & we immediately requested Option 1 (allow them to keep our cruise fare to receive a 50% bonus FCC) & to refund other costs. We immediately received emailed confirmations & initially were told it’d take up to 30 days & later up to 60 days.

We waited while receiving numerous Princess mass market emails with videos encouraging us to be patient & to support them which we did. A week before the 60 day timeframe we received another email asking us which option we desired which we have confirmations were done on 3/12. Our TA contacted her PCL sales rep who stated she could see our canceled cruise reservations however there was no record of us requesting either option despite us receiving confirmations on 3/12 & we were told to apply again.

We greatly enjoy Princess cruises (nearly 500 days) but have lost faith that they’ll provide as promised so we’ll now request Option 2 (refund all costs + 25% cruise fare FCC). Since they ignored our previous request, a new request will likely result in another up to 60 days delay. I don’t think it’s coincidental that a week before 60 days we get an email to make our request & that they conveniently have no record of our previous request likely resulting in another up to 60 days delay.

One of our 2 Fall cruises was just canceled & they’ve offered to double our $100 deposit in FCC. Our other Fall cruise to Oz will eventually be canceled & we’ll probably receive the same offer. I no longer trust them to honor their promises so will get refunds instead.

This is an unprecedented time for Princess & we’ve patiently waited but they have completely mishandled our FCC & refunds. I prefer to support them through this crisis however they’re not providing anything as promised.

I haven’t read all of the posts in this thread but have read enough to know that too many others are also not receiving their promised FCC & refunds...very disappointing!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LawDog61 said:

I have not been asked to provide any documentation to my Costco Visa. Prior to submitting my dispute I made sure to have ready the cancelation notice, my confirmation of choosing option 2 and my invoice showing payment of the cruise using that card.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Battleship02 said:

I had a cruise booked for April and it was cancelled early on. I was supposed to be going on the Diamond Princess. I got a refund to my credit card for the full fare amount. However I have not received a few hundred dollars worth of tax refunds that I was told was coming by cheque. The cruise was cancelled in February and I got my refund after 3 weeks. I did not have to ring up and ask.

Back in Feb it was not an issue.  I canceled 3 cruises on Feb 5 and got the refunds in 10 days.

On Mar 8 I canceled a cruise and am still waiting 64 days later.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ringers0815 said:

Yes we got our FCC. 

Thank you, I spoke to my credit card company today, and he told me I had time to wait to see if they refunded in the 90 days, if not to dispute the charge. Just hoping eventually Princess will come thru with the refund and FCC.

3 hours ago, LawDog61 said:

1 hour ago, BettyCruiser said:

I have not been asked to provide any documentation to my Costco Visa. Prior to submitting my dispute I made sure to have ready the cancelation notice, my confirmation of choosing option 2 and my invoice showing payment of the cruise using that card.

I also used my Costco Visa.  Since I’m losing hope in Princess, I went online and I found the charge when I made my payment in January and it’s looks like it’s pretty easy to dispute online...just click then “Dispute” link.  I am giving them until May 13 because that would be 60 days from when I submitted my request for Option 2.  I wasn’t sure if Costco visa would ask for documentation once I clicked on the “dispute” link. But I have my option 2 form ready and the Princess FAQs that explain what the option gets for the cruise date ranges.  I also have notes from my phone calls with Customer Relations. 

• Like 1

I think it's pretty clear that Princess is delaying cash refunds....most likely until they start sailing again.  Not sure what the accounting reason is...but the delay is almost surely a financial decision rather than any processing delay.  At some point, perhaps they will start to trickle out payments or try another "we love you but it's just so people intensive that it's slow...we're so sorry for the delay" letter.

I'm not sure that we can actually do anything proactively to get a refund quicker....we can moan and groan here, but that's not doing much to date.

We're just waiting, assuming that eventually the $'s will be refunded... but all of us could, of course, be caught in a bankruptcy....but really can't' do much to avoid that.  We were fully paid (post final payment) for a 28 day cruise in April .

Edited by ghstudio
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ghstudio said:

I think it's pretty clear that Princess is delaying cash refunds....most likely until they start sailing again.  Not sure what the accounting reason is...but the delay is almost surely a financial decision rather than any processing delay.  At some point, perhaps they will start to trickle out payments or try another "we love you but it's just so people intensive that it's slow...we're so sorry for the delay" letter.

I'm not sure that we can actually do anything proactively to get a refund quicker....we can moan and groan here, but that's not doing much to date.

We're just waiting, assuming that eventually the $'s will be refunded... but all of us could, of course, be caught in a bankruptcy....but really can't' do much to avoid that.  We were fully paid (post final payment) for a 28 day cruise in April .

Maybe the people who process them have been stood down and have to stay home as per government orders on social gatherings and workplaces in some countries.

• Like 2

The refund process seems to have stopped.
I keep seeing posts in various places asking people to state when their sail date was/is and if they have had a refund.

Early March seems to have been refunded....but has stopped somewhere in the middle.....
And its been like that for a few weeks now.

Im not sure why they blanket cancelled so many cruises all at once when they hadnt dealt with cruises up to May as yet..........all they did was open up the phone lines to even more people demanding a return of money.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

And you've met every single deadline in your entire life, right!?

8 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

And they did so on purpose, right!?

Oy veh.

8 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Is it necessary to mock everyone who is having a problem?

Edited by Roberto256
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1