Will Allure be AMPED?

On 5/17/2020 at 10:39 AM, cruiselvr04 said:

I’ll take Allure as she is, in Galveston.  

This remains to be seen however since the new terminal is on hold.  Unfortunately for me we have non refundable deposits.

I'm hoping to lift and shift to allure, but have the same qualms. I am calling it ship TBA.

Cwc allows you to cancel any cruise and move it without penalty ... but the problem is we dont know. I heard a rumor anthem would be sent by my ta says no way it's for cold water. Who the heck knows? 

But I agree it would be nice to know if allure is even coming to Galveston 

27 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm hoping to lift and shift to allure, but have the same qualms. 

But I agree it would be nice to know if allure is even coming to Galveston 

I was told there is no way Allure can dock anywhere in Galveston without the new terminal. I am booked for 3/2022 so I just hope Allure will be doing 7 day cruises from somewhere else in FL if not TX. I have a great cabin at a great price and don't want to rebook. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

IBut I agree it would be nice to know if allure is even coming to Galveston 

*snicker* :classic_rolleyes: It would be nice to know if Allure was doing the Mediterranean partial season, the President's cruise and the Transatlantic. Forgive me, if I don't much care what happens after that. :classic_tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nicstress said:

I was told there is no way Allure can dock anywhere in Galveston without the new terminal. I am booked for 3/2022 so I just hope Allure will be doing 7 day cruises from somewhere else in FL if not TX. I have a great cabin at a great price and don't want to rebook. 

I'll go on whatever ship goes from Galveston... I'm with the poster above, I'd take a barge right now. Though majesty of the seas wouldnt be my first choice. That's why I'm calling it ship TBA so I dont get my Hope's up.

I've heard some say the car transports have dredged it deep enough for allure, its just more people to board than the port can handle. Someone suggested tents lol. I've heard all kinds of suggestions to get allure to Galveston. A travel agent with 4 groups posted rcl asked her to wait to cancel her groups.. whatever that means. 

6 hours ago, Preziosa said:

I Take the first RC ship in Europe. No matter where it goes. I miss cruising soooooooooo much.

If the situation allows it we will see Allure doing the remainder of the originally scheduled Med itinarary from Barcelona as of August 2nd. Maybe joined by Anthem out o Civitavechia to be used instead of Explorer which would also be the two ship clases that would have the lowest break even point for operating at reduced capacity.

1 minute ago, LXA350 said:

If the situation allows it we will see Allure doing the remainder of the originally scheduled Med itinarary from Barcelona as of August 2nd. Maybe joined by Anthem out o Civitavechia to be used instead of Explorer which would also be the two ship clases that would have the lowest break even point for operating at reduced capacity.

Anthem already has her own scheduled itineraries out of Europe, so why would they do this? If Allure is sailing then it is likely Anthem will be able to sail from the UK? I think the sailings from Rome will either happen with Explorer or not at all  

• Like 1

I just hope everything goes according to plan and we are able to sail on the TA out of Barcelona.  Fingers crossed that borders open and no quarantine period at either end.  

50 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Anthem already has her own scheduled itineraries out of Europe, so why would they do this? If Allure is sailing then it is likely Anthem will be able to sail from the UK? I think the sailings from Rome will either happen with Explorer or not at all  

I have suggested this scenario as mostlikely no cruises will be happening out of the UK this year looking at the situation they are in, hence this would the only option to see Anthem sailing out of Europe this year if at all.

3 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

I have suggested this scenario as mostlikely no cruises will be happening out of the UK this year looking at the situation they are in, hence this would the only option to see Anthem sailing out of Europe this year if at all.

UK rules have been a lot looser than a lot of other countries in Europe, a 2 week quarantine period is only just being brought in and the lockdown is being lifted. I’d say the biggest problem with cruising out of the UK would be if any other countries are open to allowing ships in, Spain & Italy’s lockdowns have been much harsher 

Edited by Jack McGowan

12 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Is the US any better? 

No therefore if cruises will start in August you will see these out of the Med and maybe in Asia. US will follow only after if the situation will get better and a 2nd wave will not break out, as of Autumn

28 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

No therefore if cruises will start in August you will see these out of the Med and maybe in Asia. US will follow only after if the situation will get better and a 2nd wave will not break out, as of Autumn

Yep, although RCL are making out that their first cruises after Asia will be to CocoCay etc

Its just announced that Spain expect to open for International tourists during July:

The prime minister encouraged Spaniards to start planning their vacations, and said that from July, foreign tourism would return to Spain “in safe conditions.” He pointed to the fact that Spain usually receives more than 80 million foreign visitors a year. “From now, foreign tourists can plan their vacations in our country," he added.

“We will guarantee that tourists will not run any risks and they will not bring us any risks,” he continued. “There will be no opposing forces between health and business. Spanish tourism will now have two hallmarks: environmental sustainability and health safety,” he stated.

https://english.elpais.com/politics/2020-05-23/spanish-pm-foreign-tourists-will-be-able-to-return-to-spain-from-july.html?fbclid=IwAR0WaR5wt1We8yFIh3xCDmkqQnLTpxial6srHIGU30ry2UlzfCwn54lJQAw