Will Allure be AMPED?

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I suspect Royal will not confirm anything until after final payment is due.

Highly unlikely with allure, if she’s not going to Galveston she will be deployed somewhere else so they aren’t going to wait that long to announce that she isn’t sailing there

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

Seez who?  

Nothing official, they aren’t going to have an oasis class sat out of service for a whole season just because it can’t sail from one place. If they decide that she isn’t going to sail from Galveston, it’s highly likely another ship will replace her there. Then they will just send Allure somewhere else (probably Miami / Port Canaveral / Fort Lauderdale). 

Why would they want one of the largest ships in their fleet out of service??

Just now, Jack McGowan said:

Nothing official, they aren’t going to have an oasis class sat out of service for a whole season just because it can’t sail from one place. If they decide that she isn’t going to sail from Galveston, it’s highly likely another ship will replace her there. Then they will just send Allure somewhere else (probably Miami / Port Canaveral / Fort Lauderdale). 

Why would they want one of the largest ships in their fleet out of service??

I just saying don’t look for lengthy notification. Heck, they may even start booking cabins in another location before cancelling the October cruise  July is the month that starts final payment for October cruises. Not likely Royal will make changes before then. 

3 minutes ago, bigeck said:

In Uk, non essential shops can open on June 15th. 

Just announced tonight 

IKEA anyone?  How on earth are they going to socially distance people in there?  It'll be worse than Windjammer on embarkation day 😱

26 minutes ago, livylotte said:

We are booked on her in August.  We are from the UK and our quarantine would be 14 days once we got back home.  

We were just looking at alternatives and noticed Anthem sailing on Nov 1 from Southampton but unless things change would we need to quarantine in UK after we arrive in late Oct?  Trying to cover our time since we have vacation time for the B@B Allure.  Thanks

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I just saying don’t look for lengthy notification. Heck, they may even start booking cabins in another location before cancelling the October cruise  July is the month that starts final payment for October cruises. Not likely Royal will make changes before then. 

Allure is sailing out of Galveston next November, not this year

8 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Highly unlikely with allure, if she’s not going to Galveston she will be deployed somewhere else so they aren’t going to wait that long to announce that she isn’t sailing there

Right if it's not allure, it will be some ship. I'm calling it my tba ship.

I'm just thinking they already know... but maybe they fear people will cancel idk. I heard you can either take the new ship they send, or take allure out of whatever port they decide to go out of. I'd stick with Galveston.

I belong to some Galveston groups so you can imagine people talking about dredging, no its deep enough, how to get a extra 2k pax onboard. We had two 7 days ships and they were sending allure to do for both 7 day, explorer alternated 4 5 and 7 and liberty did just 7. 

The speculation drives me crazy. But I guess if told us would create a lot more work for them when they are already behind, but the suspense is killing us lol.

2 minutes ago, livylotte said:

How on earth are they going to socially distance people in there? 

Like many other big stores - capacity controls, directional signs and lots of signs on the floor 6 ft apart.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Right if it's not allure, it will be some ship. I'm calling it my tba ship.

I'm just thinking they already know... but maybe they fear people will cancel idk. I heard you can either take the new ship they send, or take allure out of whatever port they decide to go out of. I'd stick with Galveston.

I belong to some Galveston groups so you can imagine people talking about dredging, no its deep enough, how to get a extra 2k pax onboard. We had two 7 days ships and they were sending allure to do for both 7 day, explorer alternated 4 5 and 7 and liberty did just 7. 

The speculation drives me crazy. But I guess if told us would create a lot more work for them when they are already behind, but the suspense is killing us lol.

Hahaha sounds good. I think the plan originally was Anthem but nothing seems to have come of that yet! Obviously the other logical option is that Liberty may return for the gap between when the new terminal is expected. 

If the new ship takes on identical itineraries to the scheduled Allure ones, it’s likely you will be able to straight swap over to a new cruise on the ship they send. I don’t know if they will offer you another cruise on Allure out of another port because her itineraries will likely be different length/prices but you would probably get a good FCC or Refund. 

2 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Allure is sailing out of Galveston next November, not this year

When there's a big redeployment like that, RCI sometimes waits till airfare is available (usually 330 days out) to announce something official.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zonacruiser25 said:

We were just looking at alternatives and noticed Anthem sailing on Nov 1 from Southampton but unless things change would we need to quarantine in UK after we arrive in late Oct?  Trying to cover our time since we have vacation time for the B@B Allure.  Thanks

I'm on Anthem Ta. Not confident, but no one knows

Just now, zonacruiser25 said:

I think unless there is a second wave,  quarantine restrictions will have been lifted by then.

But that is just me thinking out loud 🙁

10 minutes ago, livylotte said:

IKEA anyone?  How on earth are they going to socially distance people in there?  It'll be worse than Windjammer on embarkation day 😱

Sainsbury, Tesco and Asda are the same. Educate the people is the way forward

14 minutes ago, livylotte said:

Ikea was planning on opening here in Southampton before that announcement was made

Apparently there is going to be “social distancing wardens” 😂😂

Edited by Jack McGowan

5 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Ikea was planning on opening here in Southampton before that announcement was made

Apparently there is going to be “social distancing wardens” 😂😂

I go to Ikea for breakfast before getting on a ship.

Looks like everyone was at Bournemouth beach today

On 3/14/2020 at 7:40 PM, Billy Baltic said:

Totally agree. Very difficult financial circumstances for the industry but I think RC are turning a short term (9-12 month) problem into a medium/long term disincentive. 

And yes, I have a vested interest. We’re hoping to be on Explorer in September but we booked that based on amplification taking place. Don’t know if we’ll still go. 

9-12 month problem? Problem? Really?

20 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Hahaha sounds good. I think the plan originally was Anthem but nothing seems to have come of that yet! Obviously the other logical option is that Liberty may return for the gap between when the new terminal is expected. 

If the new ship takes on identical itineraries to the scheduled Allure ones, it’s likely you will be able to straight swap over to a new cruise on the ship they send. I don’t know if they will offer you another cruise on Allure out of another port because her itineraries will likely be different length/prices but you would probably get a good FCC or Refund. 

Some said athem rumoured, and then shot that down. Said anthem was specifically made for cold winter, so no way. Plus one ship cant take as many as allure. Allure took over for liberty and explorer 7 days earlier this year. 

Not one person asked will allure be amped hahahahaha.

The question is will it come or not.

Edited by firefly333