Will Allure be AMPED?

11 hours ago, Cosmic Rays said:

Yes so I read, and due there tomorrow... 

Last I´ve read was May 20th... They won´t need that long to get to Cadiz. But maybe the shipyard needs some time for preparation.

The last AIS signal on Marinetraffic is more than 10 hours ago and still showing the "For Orders" as destination and May 20th 6 am as arrival time. We have to wait...

steamboats

On 5/10/2020 at 6:11 PM, astangenes said:

It`s like that for most of the European countries since the beginning. Some countries have allready started to relax the quarantine when you enter the country.

There is a lot of preasure as tourism is an important business for certain countries where most of the annual income is achieved during the summer months in this sector. Hence some kind of tourism will be happening in Europe including France, Italy and Spain this year but restrictions will be in place. Since likely the travel restrictions to and from North America will remain in place cruiselines like RCL will automatically have less demand + Europeans that have cancelled. Nevertheless at least as of August I would expect some sort of deployment by RCL with a reduced fleet. Possibly Jewel out of Northern Europe (Already as of July), Allure out of Barcelona and or Anthem to take over the itinaries from Explorer out of Civitavechia as the ship will be already in Europe. Instead no cruises out of Suthampton this year, as it will take longer for the UK to lift restrictions looking at the current numbers. Hence, Explorer, Vision and I think Brilinace would not be deployed to Europe this year. Then the question is what happens to Freedom, Majesty and Empress who will be sent to Europe as crew transport, will they go into cold layup or be used for a combination I mentioned above. A lot of open questions that will need to be clarified within the next month latest 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 11:47 AM, Ocean Boy said:

Allure will only have lower pricing if demand for the ship is lower not because the slides are missing.

I guess my thinking is that Oasis class ships are designed to attract multi-generational cruisers with plenty of activities. By not having the latest and greatest features,  it could hurt demand.  For a long time. Symphony and Harmony commanded higher prices than Oasis and Allure. Until Oasis was Amp'd.

Of course,  that was back in the old normal times. Who the heck knows what it'll be like going forward.  

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

She seems to be hanging out in the bay of Cadiz.

The ship will at the earliest be allowed in to the shipyard on Thursday the 21st of May. 

It is amazing the amount of detail the local Cadiz media are able to uncover about every delay. It is almost comical to read that the Spanish government first restricted the arrival of Allure to have only 40 Officers and crew onboard upon entry to the shipyard. 

Interesting insights are given to the involvement of BC Agency that works on RCI's behalf in arranging all port movements. 

They state there is still a hold up with 300 international workers that will fly in for the project, but that the project will involve around 800 local workers from the Navantia shipyard. 

https://www.diariodecadiz.es/noticias-provincia-cadiz/Desescalada-Cadiz-Allure-astillero-tramites-burocraticos-navantia_0_1464753760.html

http://www.bcagency.net/en/clientes-ingles/

17 hours ago, MADflyer said:

It is amazing the amount of detail the local Cadiz media are able to uncover about every delay. It is almost comical to read that the Spanish government first restricted the arrival of Allure to have only 40 Officers and crew onboard upon entry to the shipyard.

Captain Kate said that the minimum crew for Celebrity Edge is 80 but they currently have 130 to support the thousand or so non-working crew remaining on board.

I’ll take Allure as she is, in Galveston.  

This remains to be seen however since the new terminal is on hold.  Unfortunately for me we have non refundable deposits on her first 2 sailings from Galveston which may not happen.  I just have to wait and see.  If she’s not coming I’d like to change our plans now before prices rise on other ships. I’m sure they’ll give me an option if she’s not coming but I don’t always like the options they give, as this has happened to us several times with switched itinerary’s or ships. Only once has it really benefited us. 

The big ships are not our favorite.  However our kids who live within driving distance to Galveston were pretty excited she’s coming.  We are a bit tired of Liberty and the same itinerary and looking forward to the ship as the destination on Allure.

I’d take a barge right now if it’d get me back on the ocean.  In serious withdrawal here.

Seems like reality is throwing curves into any plans.  Now it appears to be down to how many people can be involved with the job in the yards both with crew and workers.  Hopefully everything comes together for Allure and they can get the ships propulsion and any other mechanical issues resolved.  Having never sailed on an Oasis ship, I would not really know AMPed or not.  Get her running fast and looking good and let's sail!

2 minutes ago, zonacruiser25 said:

Having never sailed on an Oasis ship, I would not really know AMPed or not.  Get her running fast and looking good and let's sail!

The ship is pretty awesome without an AMP.

• Like 6

As of today, their site is still showing the full amp features to entice future cruisers.

The deck plans also show the upgrades and changes.

I am booked on the  Allure for December and am fine without the changes.

I have  sailed all the Oasis class ships multiple times and really don’t care but they should not miss lead people. Take it off your site if it’s not happening.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Floridadude said:

As of today, their site is still showing the full amp features to entice future cruisers.

The deck plans also show the upgrades and changes.

RCI may not get around to fixing the web site till well after the dry dock - folks on here will likely have all the details before RCI publishes them. She's still floating around off Cadiz.

On 5/17/2020 at 7:12 PM, Ocean Boy said:

The ship is pretty awesome without an AMP.

I agree. 

Prefer no purple monstrosity.

Love Sabor.

Don't need to add anymore cabins.

Keep Diamond lounge on 11 with great view. 
Bionic bar is OK, once. Plus more expensive. 

The three other ladies have the other features. Variety is good. 

mac_tlc

• Like 3

I would have been happy to sail on her as is. We were booked for September but the amping was of no consequence to us since we would not use most of the enhancements anyway. However, I can't see the Med cruises happening this year so we L&S-ed to Harmony next year to protect the amazing price we were lucky enough to get.

That said, if by some miracle Allure does sail here in the Med this year and if the prices drop dramatically, who knows if we won't rebook. I am holding off cancelling our hotel in Barcelona for the time being...

7 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

I agree. 

Prefer no purple monstrosity.

Love Sabor.

Don't need to add anymore cabins.

Keep Diamond lounge on 11 with great view. 
Bionic bar is OK, once. Plus more expensive. 

The three other ladies have the other features. Variety is good. 

mac_tlc

I really agree with you about keeping the DL where it is.  We have 2 cruises booked on her in 2021 and have cabins on Deck 11, which is what we did on Oasis.  Our last cruise was on HM with the DL on Deck 4 that was inconvenient.  When we were on OA, we used the DL for Continental Breakfast and pre-dinner Happy Hour.  

While Allure is allowed to enter the port of Cadiz from 4 PM Thursday, it shows arrival now on Friday at noon. 

The Carnival Breeze is entering the port now to rescue the 400 crew members that have not been allowed to leave the Carnival Victory for the 2 months she has been in dry dock at Cadiz. The Breeze will be in the cruise port in the center of Cadiz and 25 buses will bring the crew from Victory to the port and 6 Spanish crew from the Breeze will be repatriated. 

Allures 300 crew have been approved for entry and it appears all hurdles have been overcome. Local media keep stressing they are not doing the cabins on the ship, but state nothing about public areas and only state that the dry dock will focus on Navigational repairs.

The 800 Navantia workers assigned to the project seems a bit high for only the Navigational work though and it will be interesting to see just what ends up being included. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/20/2020 at 11:55 PM, MADflyer said:

While Allure is allowed to enter the port of Cadiz from 4 PM Thursday, it shows arrival now on Friday at noon. 

The Carnival Breeze is entering the port now to rescue the 400 crew members that have not been allowed to leave the Carnival Victory for the 2 months she has been in dry dock at Cadiz. The Breeze will be in the cruise port in the center of Cadiz and 25 buses will bring the crew from Victory to the port and 6 Spanish crew from the Breeze will be repatriated. 

Allures 300 crew have been approved for entry and it appears all hurdles have been overcome. Local media keep stressing they are not doing the cabins on the ship, but state nothing about public areas and only state that the dry dock will focus on Navigational repairs.

The 800 Navantia workers assigned to the project seems a bit high for only the Navigational work though and it will be interesting to see just what ends up being included. 

it’s great to read about the crew being repatriated.  Also interesting to read about the 800 workers assigned to the project.  Fingers crossed for Portside BBQ.

• Like 2