Will Allure be AMPED?

Sounds like PPE is the shortfall around the world.  I hope they can get their supplies, we all need to return to work and that is no different anywhere. The loss of the Allure job means so much to all the yard workers   Regardless of the scope of the work they can get done, I hope that RCCL gets Allure in. In my opinion, that will make a big statement to Spain and their recovery.

• Like 2

Allure and Jewel.JPG

Finally a confirmation. It appears that Allure will be going to Cadiz sometime after May 20th for the needed drydock. 

I doubt we will get much confirmation soon of what they will be doing, but very happy they are moving forward. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MADflyer said:

Allure and Jewel.JPG

Finally a confirmation. It appears that Allure will be going to Cadiz sometime after May 20th for the needed drydock. 

I doubt we will get much confirmation soon of what they will be doing, but very happy they are moving forward. 

This is great news. I hope it is the full dry dock and not just the Azipods. Any idea??

The world is upside down. Now the Cadiz paper is quoting a Cruise Critic interview with Ben Bouldin from RCI UK as there source of a possible future contract with Navantia. They state that it is not finalized and decided just yet. 

The note to crew was of more value. 

It will be some time before we know what exactly is happening at drydock. 

https://www.diariodecadiz.es/noticias-provincia-cadiz/coronavirus-Cadiz-Royal-Caribbean-Allure-seas-Navantia_0_1461454267.html

Interview with RCI's Ben Bouldin:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5326/

Hope they get in.  Unless RCCL decides they cannot spend the $$$ thay may do the AMP.  I believe some on here have stated that they believe the $$$ for AMP were mostly already spent or committed so maybe they will do it?  Let the new speculation begin!

• Like 1

Allure has just left Southampton and will arrive in Gibraltar on Thursday the 14th of May at 06:00. 

Jewell is underway and will arrive at Gibraltar one hour prior to Allure on the 14th. 

They state that the Allure crew remaining will transfer to Jewel and then Jewel will meet the other ships repatriating crew in MED prior to sailing to Southampton with remaining crew for flights home.  

A charter flight will take South American, Caribbean and Central American crew to Barbados. 

No confirmation on Dry dock from Navantia or local media, but Cadiz was one of the regions allowed to go to Phase 1 of Spanish reopening. That allows hotels to open and restaurant terraces at 50% legal capacity. 

3 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

Allure has just left Southampton and will arrive in Gibraltar on Thursday the 14th of May at 06:00. 

Jewell is underway and will arrive at Gibraltar one hour prior to Allure on the 14th. 

They state that the Allure crew remaining will transfer to Jewel and then Jewel will meet the other ships repatriating crew in MED prior to sailing to Southampton with remaining crew for flights home.  

A charter flight will take South American, Caribbean and Central American crew to Barbados. 

No confirmation on Dry dock from Navantia or local media, but Cadiz was one of the regions allowed to go to Phase 1 of Spanish reopening. That allows hotels to open and restaurant terraces at 50% legal capacity. 

I have seen this too. It remains to be seen what happens then though, and even if she is AMPED in Cadiz, or it be scaled down, what happens then? Although able to sail, how many ports in Europe might accept her, let alone accept nationalities from many different countries and then in November when she is due to do a TA - with us from the UK on board hopefully - will we be able to enter a US Port? Mmm, much to wait and see in the weeks and months to come.......

On 5/4/2020 at 8:55 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Save the money and leave one O class ship alone for those who don't need the AMPing.

they just need to add Port Side BBQ and Playmakers. 😋

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, later said:

I wish Andrew

I do, we have her booked for next March. 

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They need to figure out a way to put Port Side BBQ on every ship .

this, all day long. 

17 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I do, we have her booked for next March. 

Bring your stretch pants.

Not sure if I told you But we ate there 7 times last Christmas.  Pretty near everyday for lunch.  One day our dinner reservation wasn’t until 9:00 so we went to Portside at 4 and shared a platter. We even took to go orders up to Toby on the Flowrider.  Finally made it to Playmakers towards the end of the week to have the wings...wished we’d gone earlier as those are worth a trip.

Toby and I are on her for a week in November and will probably forgo The UDP and eat here a lot and just pay as you go.  We are all back on over Christmas and definitely getting the UDP.

Too bad they don’t have a UDP lite version for half the cost that allowed you to only go to Johnny Rockets, Playmakers and Portside, I’d be all over that. 

• Like 1

Navantia plan to start re-opening has not been accepted by the union or the state.  They had planned to be at 50% of operations on Monday of this week. They would then have been up to 75% by Monday the 18th. 

They started work 2 weeks ago on a Spanish frigate. They started back last week working on the Saudi Arabian order. Work on the Carnival ship has not commenced. 

I think they will be ready by the end of the month, when I would expect Allure to arrive at the shipyard. There is no official notice of the new contract. The only confirmation has come from Royal Caribbean's side. 

Jewel arrives at 5:00 AM on the 14th of May and Allure arrives at 6 AM.  South and Central Americans along with Caribbean crew will leave on a charter flight to Barbados to join those repatriation ships there. 

All other non-essential Allure crew will transfer then to Jewel of the Seas and she will meet up with Anthem to transfer the indian crew. Jewel will then sail for Southampton to meet up with those repatriation ships. Other international crew will then fly from London back home. 

Posted on other thread that was started up as well. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

Will Jewel stay in Europa and Go to the Nothern Europe, Scandinavian......

She will be at Southampton around the end of the month and from there all options are open to RCI's plans for her. 

38 minutes ago, zonacruiser25 said:

Looks like UK wants 14 day quarantine for any foreigners entering the country.  If this happens I wonder if it spreads to most European countries.  Sooooooo many unknowns

It`s like that for most of the European countries since the beginning. Some countries have allready started to relax the quarantine when you enter the country.

I believe Jewel could be the first ship back in service in Northern Europe as the situation in those countries is improving.

And yes, the 14 day quarantine has been in place in Scandinavia, Germany and many other countries for a while and it will be lifted sooner or later together with the re-opening of borders within those EU countries.

2 hours ago, MADflyer said:

She will be at Southampton around the end of the month and from there all options are open to RCI's plans for her. 

I wonder if RCL's plan is to keep Freedom, Majesty, Empress and Jewel around the Southampton / UK area for now, possibly sending some of them into cold layup? Just a thought.

Local media in Cadiz has finally confirmed the dry dock for Allure will take place over 30 days starting next week. The dry dock will be mechanical and will not include any work on the cabins. Here the shipyard management is quoted saying it would only be mechanical with nothing on the hotel side. 

https://www.diariodecadiz.es/noticias-provincia-cadiz/Navantia-Cadiz-retoma-cruceros-Allure_0_1463554207.html

Google translate will do a pretty good job of translating the article paragraph by paragraph if of interest. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MADflyer said:

Local media in Cadiz has finally confirmed the dry dock for Allure will take place over 30 days starting next week. The dry dock will be mechanical and will not include any work on the cabins. Here the shipyard management is quoted saying it would only be mechanical with nothing on the hotel side. 

https://www.diariodecadiz.es/noticias-provincia-cadiz/Navantia-Cadiz-retoma-cruceros-Allure_0_1463554207.html

Google translate will do a pretty good job of translating the article paragraph by paragraph if of interest. 

Sounds like Allure will be "available" close to the time she was originally scheduled to complete her AMPED refit.  This should help Royal to figure out what future cruises and TA might look like.