Will Allure be AMPED?

3 hours ago, zonacruiser25 said:

This should help Royal to figure out what future cruises and TA might look like.

Doubt it, the Spanish, French and Italian gov'ts will decide that.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Doubt it, the Spanish, French and Italian gov'ts will decide that.

Add in the EU Shengen treaty zone stating that all member states must open to international travel at the same time and the current focus on domestic and then international travel for only EU citizens and residents. It is unclear when tourism from outside the Euro-zone will even be considered. 

3 hours ago, MADflyer said:

Add in the EU Shengen treaty zone stating that all member states must open to international travel at the same time and the current focus on domestic and then international travel for only EU citizens and residents. It is unclear when tourism from outside the Euro-zone will even be considered. 

The last information I read was no international tourists till after Christmas.  At least Allure propulsion should be fixed.  If they get 30 days in the yards, some AMP items may be done.  Hope Royal can share some details soon!

3 minutes ago, zonacruiser25 said:

The last information I read was no international tourists till after Christmas.  At least Allure propulsion should be fixed.  If they get 30 days in the yards, some AMP items may be done.  Hope Royal can share some details soon!

Maybe they'll be able to do some of the more cosmetic work.  For example, changing Dazzles to Music Hall is basically new carpet & chairs, right? No major structural changes that I know of.

Hopefully the Brazilian steakhouse dinner option remains in the Solarium.

7 hours ago, zonacruiser25 said:

EU closed the borders til June 15th so far. There´s no talk about no international tourists til after Christmas... Actually they are talking about opening the inner borders (meaning Germany is talking about opening the borders to Austria, Switzerland, France...).

steamboats

Typical crooked RCL.

Zero communication about what is happening to this ship and all the while asking for final payments for cruises that will never happen.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Just lifted and shifted our Allure August cruise to next years Harmony! No final payment to pay !

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, HSVcruiser01 said:

Just lifted and shifted our Allure August cruise to next years Harmony! No final payment to pay!

Did exactly the same yesterday but for September. I really can't see Allure's Med season happening and even if it does I'm not sure the atmosphere would be conducive to enjoyment.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, irzero said:

Thanks for this.

I'm moving my booking to next year. I'd rather sail harmony than allure anyway.

Just need to hope my flights get cancelled or travel guidance doesnt change then I'll get my flight money back or I'll just get a villa in Spain if I cant for a couple of weeks

.... and yet when I suggested you L&S your Allure cruise just a few hours ago to avoid full payment....  I got the insulting reply:

"What planet are you on?

I dont want same fake credit or lift and shift..."

Edited by little britain
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, little britain said:

.... and yet when I suggested you L&S your Allure cruise just a few hours ago to avoid full payment....  I got the insulting reply:

"What planet are you on?

I dont want same fake credit or lift and shift..."

Exactly 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, irzero said:

I have had to choose the lesser of 2 evils.

But I'll admit the lift and shift is better than the fake credit offer. 

Anyone with FFC is going to get screwed. The Harmony sailing is £3400 for b2b balcony. The allure for the same cruise same week was £1650 with $700 obc.

My interline travel agent has told me that interline bookings are not covered under L&S. Was also going to move my Sept Allure booking to Harmony next year, but cannot. And as you say Harmony is considerable more. 

All we can do it take the FCC for deposit or pay the balance and hope it gets cancelled. We also have flight tickets to BCN to try and get refunded. 

The annoying thing is the interline prices aren't that much cheaper, in fact it is often the same or even slightly more (obviously in those cases I book direct). 

44 minutes ago, irzero said:

I have had to choose the lesser of 2 evils.

But I'll admit the lift and shift is better than the fake credit offer. To get it I've been lucky because had the itinerary not been identical I would have been excluded.

I now have 2 useless flights though and I have to hope they get cancelled.

Anyone with FFC is going to get screwed. The Harmony sailing is £3400 for b2b balcony. The allure for the same cruise same week was £1650 with $700 obc.

I've gained nothing but stand to lose £500 because royal isnt being upfront unlike carnival.

You managed to change from a cruise that probably will not occur to one that will and on a ship that you say you prefer. It has not cost you any more money to do that yet you say you have gained nothing. I am confused. It does, however, seem like you know which cruise line you would prefer to deal with in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You managed to change from a cruise that probably will not occur to one that will and on a ship that you say you prefer. It has not cost you any more money to do that yet you say you have gained nothing. I am confused. It does, however, seem like you know which cruise line you would prefer to deal with in the future.

Mmmm, your comments are interesting - I too am confused!!

We all have to just wait and see as previously mentioned. Key to all of this of course is what Royal Caribbean are planning now as there is a very interesting article today on the refurb in Cadiz as 'Allure' approaches Gibraltar prior to her going to Cadiz tomorrow I read. We in the UK can't "L&S" easily as there are flights and hotel accommodation already booked in Barcelona and Miami. Decisions prior to final payment really must be made by the Company and sooner rather than later. Airlines may well be flying again so if you cancel it equates to total loss as it's not their fault!!

• Thanks 1

We are not likely to L&S for our Med & TA on Allure so we are still playing the waiting game till final pay.  At least Allure is on the move.  Maybe Cadiz will release news before Royal says a word about what to expect to happen to the ship.  

From the local news in Cadiz:

Large cruises return to the Bay. The Allure of the Seas is heading to the Navantia Cádiz shipyard to execute the beached scheduled for mid-March, which was postponed due to the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic . The Royal Caribbean shipping vessel set sail last Saturday from the port of Southampton where it has been calling every ten days during the almost two months that it has been sailing in circles through the Irish Sea , and plans to enter the dock at the end of this weekfour from the Navantia factory in Cádiz, the only one in this shipyard that has the capacity to accommodate one of the largest cruise ships in the world, 362 meters long and 47 wide.

Although the pre-pandemic approach was a reform similar to the one carried out in the autumn at the Oasis of the Seas , the shipowner has decided to postpone the renovation of the cabins and focus on the propulsion and navigation elements , as indicated by the committee chairman. from the company of Navantia Cádiz, José Gallardo, who has indicated that the stay of the ship in the shipyard will last around thirty days . "The reform of the hotel is not going to be done, something logical given the situation of the cruise ship business," Gallardo said, referring to the paralysis that this sector is undergoing, with trips suspended worldwide due to the pandemic.

This will imply that the majority of the work is carried out by regular workers from Navantia and the auxiliary industry of the Bahí a, limiting the presence of foreign subcontractors. "It is a challenge and an opportunity to demonstrate to the customer the capacity of our industry," said the president of the works council.

After weeks of uncertainty about this important work, Royal Caribbean confirmed last week its intention to carry out the reform at the Cádiz shipyard, which represents an accolade for the Bay metal industry at a time of great economic uncertainty. The Allure of the Sea s is an old acquaintance of the shipyard, since five years ago Navantia Cádiz carried out a thorough revision that involved the replacement of one of its propellers , among other elements.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Allure and Jewel are docked next to each other in Gibraltar.

Yeah apparently allure crews are transferring to Jewel and then Allure will head to Cadiz. Celebrity Infinity on way to Gibraltar so presumably taking some crew from Jewel to India with her

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigAl94 said:

Good news for the people that love the Champagne Bar, Diamond Lounge views, Sabor and haters of slides.  And "value priced" consumers as I would expect Allure - without the latest amenities - to have the cheapest sailing of the Oasis-class ships.

Bad news for those that booked the Allue thinking it would be Amp'd

I guess its nice to have choices - old O-class vs new O--class.  Hope the keep Samba Grill.

59 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Good news for the people that love the Champagne Bar, Diamond Lounge views, Sabor and haters of slides.  And "value priced" consumers as I would expect Allure - without the latest amenities - to have the cheapest sailing of the Oasis-class ships.

Bad news for those that booked the Allue thinking it would be Amp'd

I guess its nice to have choices - old O-class vs new O--class.  Hope the keep Samba Grill.

Allure will only have lower pricing if demand for the ship is lower not because the slides are missing.