Will Allure be AMPED?

13 hours ago, gamecock411 said:

We were booked on the new amped Oasis for April 26 this year and, of course, it was cancelled.  We took our FCC and booked the Allure for November 2020.  THEN I remembered the dry dock may not happen.  While I still want to cruise, I think RC should CONSIDER some kind of credit (if the amp doesn't happen) as that is what they were selling us-an amplified ship.

Perhaps they will still be able to do the amp but modify the Med cruises due to time constraints.  We will have to wait and see what RC can and will do.

YOU forgot no AMP and want Royal to give you some kind of credit???

Asking for a friend 

15 hours ago, gamecock411 said:

We were booked on the new amped Oasis for April 26 this year and, of course, it was cancelled.  We took our FCC and booked the Allure for November 2020.  THEN I remembered the dry dock may not happen.  While I still want to cruise, I think RC should CONSIDER some kind of credit (if the amp doesn't happen) as that is what they were selling us-an amplified ship.

Perhaps they will still be able to do the amp but modify the Med cruises due to time constraints.  We will have to wait and see what RC can and will do.

You can forget to receive any credit just because some slides are missing. You paid to receive the Cabin you booked and if everything is in order with it there is nothing you can complain about. Likely even ones that booked cabins that might not exist if the Amp will not happen as planed will not be able to get anything as long as at least the same Cabin Category or higher will be offered to them as alternative.

• Thanks 1

So here's what I meant to convey and obviously failed.  I knew it was going into dry dock but then remembered Cadiz, Spain would not let the ship in.

My only point is that RC was still selling this as an amplified ship when I rebooked so just wondering if they would do anything if it doesn't get amplified.  I will still sail and I'm certainly not looking for a handout.  It was merely a question of curiosity and to see what other people thought.  But based on some of the comments, now I remember why I don't post much on this website.

• Like 5

And I certainly never said I was complaining if you read my original post.  Just posturing, was all.  And I did book the cabin category partially based on the ship being amplified as it would give us a great view of some of the new additions.

Again, I will still sail. It's not a deal breaker for me but I do think RC should not be advertising the amplified amenities (which it is still doing today) if they don't know whether or not it's going to happen.

• Like 3

While Allure is out there doing Crazy Ivans:

image.png.93b457f624a606ce4164ac05f4f54479.png

the Spanish were supposed to lift the restriction on factories and construction this week - not sure what that means for the Cadiz shipyard in which she's supposed to get her makeover.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

While Allure is out there doing Crazy Ivans:

image.png.93b457f624a606ce4164ac05f4f54479.png

the Spanish were supposed to lift the restriction on factories and construction this week - not sure what that means for the Cadiz shipyard in which she's supposed to get her makeover.

Maybe the captain invested in a deluxe drink package?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The fishermen in the 'hood (pic below with fishing boats shown in what I assume are fertile grounds) might not be pleased with Allure there either:

image.png.057b414908f0c78411212017dc32e5d4.png

There are quite a few fishing fleets in Cornwall. My uncle was a fisherman out of Mevagissey. Just below St Austell in the picture 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, little britain said:

Shipyard employees in Spain are allowed to return to work today.  Let’s see if Allure starts to head south...

Allure is scheduled to arrive back to Southampton April 22nd. Perhaps they will then leave for Cadiz after that.

6 hours ago, little britain said:

Shipyard employees in Spain are allowed to return to work today.  Let’s see if Allure starts to head south...

On the 8th of April Navantia had extended their suspension of activity until the current April 26th date and it is unclear if they will also follow the expected extension to the 10th of May that will be requested next. 

Royal Caribbean have cancelled the current project altogether at this time. Any further work would be on a new contract. Royal Caribbean holds a multi-ship contract with Navantia and they could contract a new project in the future. 

They have evacuated all of the crew that was to be working on board the Carnival Victory the first week of April and that project is postponed. The ship will become Carnival Radiance post dry-dock and the European season was cancelled and the ship currently sails possibly first in November. 

The press coverage is limited. 

https://www.diariodecadiz.es/noticias-provincia-cadiz/coronavirus-cadiz-Navantia-seguira-actividad-abril_0_1453655106.html

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-radiance-delayed-sailings-canceled/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, astangenes said:

Allure is scheduled to arrive back to Southampton April 22nd. Perhaps they will then leave for Cadiz after that.

Where will she be until then? Surely she can't be patrolling the Irish Sea continually as recently?

32 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

Even if the amplification is postponed, Allure still needs to go into dry dock for its 10 year inspection and to have the propulsion issues fixed before it can return to service.

I thought the inspections were every 5 years?