Will Allure be AMPED?

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Some said athem rumoured, and then shot that down. Said anthem was specifically made for cold winter, so no way. Plus one ship can take as many as allure.

Not one person asked will allure be amped hahahahaha.

The question is will it come or not.

Anthem was the rumoured ship, it was put on one of the slides to discuss at a meeting with RCL and the Port. Not sure what came of that in the end. I wouldn’t bet on the cold weather thing, when Anthems sailing from Southampton the majority of her cruises this year were supposed to be to the med!

Yes, once you know the ships coming then you can worry about the amplification, lol

2 minutes ago, above sea level cruiser said:

9-12 month problem? Problem? Really?

L&S is RC's way of spreading out their losses over a much longer period than that.  It could be wise move - only time will tell.  

28 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Allure is sailing out of Galveston next November, not this year

Right... but rcl was building a terminal to house it that was scraped for a year, so that puts them at ,east a year behind in having a bigger terminal for allure.

34 minutes ago, above sea level cruiser said:

9-12 month problem? Problem? Really?

Firstly, thank you for quoting a post from over 2 months ago, when there was approx 150k cases globally. There is now around 5.5million cases. 

Secondly, I stand by my original comments. As someone who travels with a young family, we wouldn’t go on Explorer due to the skipped amplification. 

On 5/25/2020 at 4:09 PM, firefly333 said:

That's the million dollar question. Rcl scraped building terminal 3 which was to be big enough to hold it for a year. Galveston council actually decided not to vote on if rcl could put it on hold. One ta says what choice does Galveston really have? Another ta said she called rcl about cancelling, she has groups the first 4 weeks allure will go out of Galveston and said rcl asked her to wait to cancel. So now we can speculate what that means too. Make her a offer to switch, yes they will come. I've even heard setting up tents to help get people onboard.

That's what is driving us crazy, the endless speculation. I sure wish rcl would just tell us.  Surely rcl knows? Just come out with it and tell us.

I'll take any ship tbh, but I'd like to know. 

RCI hasn't "scrapped" the Terminal three construction, but just delayed it 1 year. I just listened to The Port of Galveston board meeting (live on Facebook yesterday), they mentioned that they are dredging the the canal now & that they fully expect terminals 1 &/or 2 to handle the Oasis class ships when they come. So reading between the lines...Allure WILL sail from Galveston as planned in November 2021.  

• Haha 1

On 5/25/2020 at 10:47 PM, bigeck said:

Looks like everyone was at Bournemouth beach today

We were there last Wednesday as hubby's birthday day out. Big mistake, beach was packed, though each group was socially distanced but only ONE toilet for thousands of people. We stayed a couple of hours then left

We are booked on Allure in Sept, but we can't lift and shift so will probably cancel before final payment 

1 hour ago, SRV FAN said:

RCI hasn't "scrapped" the Terminal three construction, but just delayed it 1 year. I just listened to The Port of Galveston board meeting (live on Facebook yesterday), they mentioned that they are dredging the the canal now & that they fully expect terminals 1 &/or 2 to handle the Oasis class ships when they come. So reading between the lines...Allure WILL sail from Galveston as planned in November 2021.  

Good to hear, thanks

And yes mentioned they asked for 1 year delay in other posts and last I hear the Galveston council postponed voting on it. Just didnt want to type it all.

Good to hear they think they can handle in regular terminal, I hadnt seen anyone before this say they were that sure.

Edited by firefly333

On 5/25/2020 at 11:47 PM, bigeck said:

I go to Ikea for breakfast before getting on a ship.

Looks like everyone was at Bournemouth beach today

Does not help for getting the situation under control rather sooner or later. Are the beaches not closed curretly in the UK?

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

Does not help for getting the situation under control rather sooner or later. Are the beaches not closed curretly in the UK?

I don't think they are closed. Not according to the Bbc Weston Super-Mare was another crowded beech last weekend.

Sometimes, you can only advise but you can't teach stupid.

In Scotland, beeches are open. We are a couple weeks behind England opening up.

Golf just started yesterday and small gatherings are allowed at distance.

8 hours ago, LXA350 said:

Beaches are open but no public loos, think they are trying to discourage visitors. Worked with us. We just stayed a couple of hours and won't visit again until things are back to normal 

On 5/27/2020 at 1:42 PM, firefly333 said:

Good to hear, thanks

And yes mentioned they asked for 1 year delay in other posts and last I hear the Galveston council postponed voting on it. Just didnt want to type it all.

Good to hear they think they can handle in regular terminal, I hadnt seen anyone before this say they were that sure.

I think Royal would have to agree with that assessment 😉

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I think Royal would have to agree with that assessment 😉

You have a lot more faith in them than me. Seems like to me they change their minds a lot.

But I now have one balcony confirmed on allure. Lol ... if they dont change their minds.

Might be wrong, but have Royal released anything on a delay to the Galveston terminal? All we have heard so far about delays etc have been from the port authority. 

I can’t find a press release or announcement from RCL

Edited by Jack McGowan

We're booked on Allure in Aug. '21.  Was looking forward to the AMP as we sailed on Symphony last Aug.  If the upgrades were to be pushed out 1 yr. to May '21 instead of May this year, that would be great.  However, the bigger draw for the cruise we booked was the itinerary, not so much the onboard amenities.  Everyone wants to revisit Cocoa Cay,  My wife & I have been to Nassau before (ho-hum), but not the kids/grand kids going with us, and none of us have been to Falmouth or Labadee.  We're looking forward to those stops, especially the latter for it's high adventure/activity content.

23 pages of posts, a lot off topic - just circling back to confirm there is still no word on whether or not Allure will get AMPED, and if so, have dates have been set?

We're looking at the possibility of L&Sing a Sep 2020 cruise to 2021 and our only option seems to be on Allure. So just curious about it's status.

22 minutes ago, robmtx said:

23 pages of posts, a lot off topic - just circling back to confirm there is still no word on whether or not Allure will get AMPED, and if so, have dates have been set?

We're looking at the possibility of L&Sing a Sep 2020 cruise to 2021 and our only option seems to be on Allure. So just curious about it's status.

Nothing official has been released by Royal other that they have removed all the new cabin additions from the website that TA’s use.  Not sure if they updated the consumer website or not 

• Thanks 1