Will Allure be AMPED?

4 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

I bet they’ll just swap out Liberty and Allure

And someone said Liberty itineraries had not been announced? They already put Liberty back in 2022 and now Allure has nothing. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nicstress said:

And someone said Liberty itineraries had not been announced? They already put Liberty back in 2022 and now Allure has nothing. 

I don’t think they announced specific itineraries but didn’t they announce that from November 21 she would be doing 3/4 night CocoCay / Bahamas runs from Miami

On 3/14/2020 at 6:45 PM, zonacruiser25 said:

So much speculation and too many unanswered questions.  It looks like the yard is posting that Allure will be repaired and sent on her way without being amped, no work on cabins or interior.  RCCL has been selling the Amped ship for some time now and since we are booked on Oct 25, 2020 and TA, much of our expectation is based on the "new" ship.  Now that may change dramatically which seems to change the value of the cruise.  With all of the uncertainty in the cruise industry now, who is to say Allure will even be in the Med in October.  Hopefully this question can generate some accurate information which I believe is in short supply right now.  I hope the rumors are all wrong and she will get her full amp refurb!

Not going to be amped

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

I don’t think they announced specific itineraries but didn’t they announce that from November 21 she would be doing 3/4 night CocoCay / Bahamas runs from Miami

You think Allure will do 3/4 day cruises??? 

3 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Thst sounds more like November 2020

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Thst sounds more like November 2020

Definitely what was announced for  2021 

2 minutes ago, nicstress said:

You think Allure will do 3/4 day cruises??? 

Possibly, but they could quite easily change them to 7 nighters seen as the itineraries haven’t been released yet 

21 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I can't imagine the staff would like turning over an O class ship every 3-4 days. It also would greatly curtail the entertainment on the ship which is really their highlight.

I never imagined the world in 2020 would go to hell over the flu. 😉

I think they have their own zip code in DC

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I can't imagine the staff would like turning over an O class ship every 3-4 days. It also would greatly curtail the entertainment on the ship which is really their highlight.

I did a 3 day Harmony cruise when she moved to PC last May, they did two three day cruises before starting 7 days. The main entertainment types were all present in an aqua show, ice show, comedy and main theater shows. All venues except the main theater had one show run multiple times throughout the 3 days. The main theater ran Columbus and Grease. If you wanted to go to every venue, which we did, it was a lot to do in 3 days, probably a little too much.

• Thanks 1

Should, after drydock in Cadiz, Royal Caribbean take the decision to take the ship straight back to the USA and as a result cancel all European cruises and the Transatlantic repositioning cruise, will they, like Holland America consider on an individual basis "reasonable out-of-pocket expenses" ie single flights home from Miami and two nights accommodation booked in Miami at the end of the trip? We were unable to book flights with Royal Caribbean hence made alternative arrangements with TAP Air Portugal back to England via Lisbon and at a fraction of the cost of US/British airlines.

That would be very helpful to know please......

I booked Allure for July 2021 using my Prime certificate; sailed her last September. Great ship. I have Harmony booked this September so I'll make a decision then if I want her amped or not. Like I have a choice.

The Allure of the Seas Amplification has been postponed until further notice. Additionally, due to pier construction delays in the Galveston terminal, the pier will unfortunately not be ready to welcome an Oasis Class ship. Therefore, Allure will no longer sail from Galveston, Texas, and rather, local fan-favorite Liberty of the Seas will assume Allure’s itineraries in late 2021.

Very slick....This statement appears to make Galveston the scapegoat in pier delays, when Royal is the one, who understandably, requested it.  Would have been nice to have had an amped Oasis class ship in Texas even though the itinerary wasn't that great.  Well, maybe some day. 😕

Does anyone have an idea when this dry dock will be finished. Would be interesting for us with cruises on her this summer if she hangs around or goes straight back to the States. Would be good to know before final payment in July 

Edited by sgmn

8 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Does anyone have an idea when this dry dock will be finished. Would be interesting for us with cruises on her this summer if she hangs around or goes straight back to the States. Would be good to know before final payment in July 

I’d imagine this dry dock should be finished within a week / 10 days ish if things are going on time. It was planned to be around a month long. I wouldn’t expect her to make a transatlantic crossing anytime soon though, even the Carnival ships which aren’t scheduled to be sailing from Europe this year are sticking around it seems 

Edited by Jack McGowan
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Tried reading through posts....does anyone know if Allure will get the Abyss and waterslides or is that a NO, and 

what about playmakers???

Thanks 

The answer to all is "no". It´s just a technical dry dock, no amplification... That´s what RCI has confirmed a couple of days ago.

steamboats

This was just emailed to me today.

I am booked on Allure for December.

Happy that it will probably not be amped for now.

They did change their website, taking off the whole amped description, also changed the deck plans back to the current state of the ship.

DFB35D2E-FF92-4D56-8CA0-7780EC5DA12B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1