Will Allure be AMPED?

9 hours ago, robmtx said:

23 pages of posts, a lot off topic - just circling back to confirm there is still no word on whether or not Allure will get AMPED, and if so, have dates have been set?

We're looking at the possibility of L&Sing a Sep 2020 cruise to 2021 and our only option seems to be on Allure. So just curious about it's status.

We've been booked on Allure since 4/19 in a 8D ocean view balcony. Original booking was at $2540.00 for two. Repriced for the fourth time today at $1677.00. Don't think Allure will be amped before that with that pricing.

1 minute ago, WisconsinFan said:

We've been booked on Allure since 4/19 in a 8D ocean view balcony. Original booking was at $2540.00 for two. Repriced for the fourth time today at $1677.00. Don't think Allure will be amped before that with that pricing.

Price doesn’t have a lo5 to do with it.  Plenty of cheap prices on Oasis and she was amped.  I have an 8 D on her this year for $1432.  

I still agree that Allure won’t be amped, just not based on price. 

On 6/4/2020 at 12:17 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Nothing official has been released by Royal other that they have removed all the new cabin additions from the website that TA’s use.  Not sure if they updated the consumer website or not 

Hope that means they won't convert the DL on Deck 11 into Cabins.  

On 6/4/2020 at 9:46 PM, TXHappyCruiser said:

I feel pretty confident that amping won’t happen but I’ve been wrong before.   I’m okay with it although I know the kids will miss the slides.  I’m just happy my Diamond lounge should stay in its prime location. 

I want the DL to stay on deck 11 and with no new cabins being built, there should be a good chance of that.  We have staterooms on Deck 11 for August 22 and October 31. 2021 out of Port C.  

We have allure booked for 15th August 2021 . We have a large family group with all ages - it would be great if they added playmakers and the water slides along with some of the restaurants - not bothered about anything else.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There are no cabins being added to Allure.  That is confirmed. 

thanks -- That's good -- guess I will have to wait until folks sail on Allure after Drydock to see if DL is still on Deck 11.  

On 6/6/2020 at 11:14 PM, Coralc said:

I was looking forward to Portside BBQ and Playmakers. :classic_smile:

While on Oasis from Feb 23 to March 1, I think we saw 3 tables occupied at Portside. Not a huge hit by any means 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, suizas said:

While on Oasis from Feb 23 to March 1, I think we saw 3 tables occupied at Portside. Not a huge hit by any means 

Ha. I like meat. And corn on the cob and cornbread muffins. I also have the UDP, so I was planning snacks. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Ha. I like meat. And corn on the cob and cornbread muffins. I also have the UDP, so I was planning snacks. :classic_biggrin:

Great for snacks. We ended eating there at least once a day. We went at 4:00 one day and shared a 3 meat platter as we didn’t have dinner reservations until 8:30.

• Thanks 1

Due to the impact of COVID-19 and given the closure of shipyards along with the disruption to the supply chain, Royal Caribbean® would like to make you aware of some updates regarding Allure of the Seas®, Explorer of the Seas®, Liberty of the Seas® and Adventure of the Seas®.

The Adventure, Explorer and Liberty of the Seas Amplifications have also been postponed until further notice. All Explorer sailings will be cancelled through August 2020 to complete a technical dry dock.

The Allure of the Seas Amplification has been postponed until further notice. Additionally, due to pier construction delays in the Galveston terminal, the pier will unfortunately not be ready to welcome an Oasis Class ship. Therefore, Allure will no longer sail from Galveston, Texas, and rather, local fan-favorite Liberty of the Seas will assume Allure’s itineraries in late 2021.

Yippee the Champagne Bar stays! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jack McGowan said:

Liberty taking over Galveston itineraries in 2021, presumably the ships have done a straight swap

For all but 2000 folks😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, little britain said:

Due to the impact of COVID-19 and given the closure of shipyards along with the disruption to the supply chain, Royal Caribbean® would like to make you aware of some updates regarding Allure of the Seas®, Explorer of the Seas®, Liberty of the Seas® and Adventure of the Seas®.

The Adventure, Explorer and Liberty of the Seas Amplifications have also been postponed until further notice. All Explorer sailings will be cancelled through August 2020 to complete a technical dry dock.

The Allure of the Seas Amplification has been postponed until further notice. Additionally, due to pier construction delays in the Galveston terminal, the pier will unfortunately not be ready to welcome an Oasis Class ship. Therefore, Allure will no longer sail from Galveston, Texas, and rather, local fan-favorite Liberty of the Seas will assume Allure’s itineraries in late 2021.

Yippee the Champagne Bar stays! 

@ssb

4 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

Liberty taking over Galveston itineraries in 2021, presumably the ships have done a straight swap

November 21 through April 2022.  I would not be surprised if they modified the itineraries as Liberty can tender at Grand Cayman which means they can add Jamaica into the mix and alternate her itineraries as they do now.

Liberty's itineraries for the fall 21 onward had not been announced.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What happens to those that booked the new Diamond Lounge cabins?

They just get moved.  Happened to us on Oasis.  They changed the cabins slightly from the initial plan.  $50 OBC.

I'm curious as to what offer they make to those that booked the Ultimate Panoramic suite.  It was the least expensive Star class.  Wonder if they will get the opportunity for a no cost upgrade

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I'm curious as to what offer they make to those that booked the Ultimate Panoramic suite.  It was the least expensive Star class.  Wonder if they will get the opportunity for a no cost upgrade

SOL 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They just get moved.  Happened to us on Oasis.  They changed the cabins slightly from the initial plan.  $50 OBC.

I have one of those booked and cannot get straight answers from anyone!  Last I heard was revenue has to decide. 

17 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

I have one of those booked and cannot get straight answers from anyone!  Last I heard was revenue has to decide. 

There is no point calling until you get the letter.  Front line reps will not know anything and they will not put you through to Revenue.

5 hours ago, little britain said:

Additionally, due to pier construction delays in the Galveston terminal, the pier will unfortunately not be ready to welcome an Oasis Class ship. Therefore, Allure will no longer sail from Galveston, Texas, and rather, local fan-favorite Liberty of the Seas will assume Allure’s itineraries in late 2021.

So now we wait to see where the Allure will go instead of Texas! I am willing to stay on the Allure if she gets amped by 3/22 and is sailing from FL. Plus they will be offering the OBC to move I would guess. This has happened to me twice before. I had a great price on a spacious balcony that I would hate to lose!