Will it be extended for 2 months?

16 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

My brother probably got it from a younger person that passed it to him while he was working.

He just died at the age of 67.   He is the 56th person to die in Washington State.

Sincere condolences to you and your family.

Very sad news indeed.

On 3/16/2020 at 9:38 AM, TeeRick said:

Extended beyond 30 days?

Does a bear #&@% in the woods?

Yep.  This is going to get worse before it gets better.  Could be months for normal life to return.  It's likely MONTHS before ships are sailing again.

2 hours ago, PNW Traveler said:

Blizzard54 - I had read of the Leschi grocery owner's passing this morning in our local Seattle paper.  So sorry to hear it was your brother.  Heartfelt sympathy to you and your family.

It will be on KOMO and Q13 news later today. It has been a shock to the neighborhood. 

I had worked there for 40 years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Blizzard54...condolence, thoughts and prayers to you and your family...hope to cross paths with you on the Ovation next year.

I do hope to be on the Ovation next year.  I hope this does not become a seasonal thing.  Hopefully there will be a vaccine and treatments figured out by then.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

My brother probably got it from a younger person that passed it to him while he was working.

He just died at the age of 67.   He is the 56th person to die in Washington State.

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. Your family must be devastated. Please accept my deepest sympathy. 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2020 at 10:10 PM, JeffT237 said:

I feel like the 30 day suspension will get extended.  The way things are moving in the country with all of the closures and quarantines it seems almost inevitable that this will happen.  Just look at the things that are happening here in California which  are unprecedented.  Bars and restaurant closures, schools closed, 65 year olds being asked to self quarantine, and Disneyland as well as our other amusement parks are closed.  

When will RCCL tell us if the 30 day suspension will get extended?  Will they wait until the day before the 30 day period ends? 

Blizzard 54, such awful news, so sorry.

As for the current situation it's hard to know who to believe sometimes.

I have hope for the z-pack/chloroquine experimental results reported.

Our next is mid December so will have to assess the situation in September before final payment.

Edited by pspercy

9 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

It will be on KOMO and Q13 news later today. It has been a shock to the neighborhood. 

I had worked there for 40 years.

Oh wow. That is where you retired from. I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. It hits home that probably many may lose loved ones (or our own lives) before this gets any better. 

Edited by Coralc

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

Oh wow. That is where you retired from. I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. It hits home that probably many may lose loved ones (or our own lives) before this gets any better. 

That was my first retirement.  

One of the most upsetting things is the number of people that are still not taking it seriously.  Most people will recover from it but they can spread it around first and effect many others.  I have heard that 4 our 5 people get it from someone that does not know they have it. 

• Like 6

On 3/18/2020 at 9:43 PM, Blizzard54 said:

Sorry to hear this. Condolences to you and your family.

On 3/19/2020 at 3:50 AM, Blizzard54 said:

My brother had a grocery store employing about 60.  He had pretty much turned it over to our nephew but was still a little involved. When this got going people started stocking up.  He was spending more time at the store helping with the surge.

In the US Medicare does not start until 65.  For most retirement is not a option before that.  And sadly for quite a few, Social Security is not enough either.  

Sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and your family. 

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

There is a joint North American travel restrictions. Meaning we CANNOT travel to Canada or Mexico. Starting March 21st for 30 days. No cruises period,end of story.

•  
  •  

I wonder if that travel restriction includes cruise ships not being allowed to dock in Mexico and Canada .. if so that rules out being able to dock at Cozumel which is on the itinerary of so many RCCL ships. 

1 minute ago, FreQuentKruser said:

I wonder if that travel restriction includes cruise ships not being allowed to dock in Mexico and Canada .. if so that rules out being able to dock at Cozumel which is on the itinerary of so many RCCL ships. 

Why wouldn't it include cruiseship ports? The point of the travel restriction is not to introduce the potential of people carrying the covid19 virus.