Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

No it is a beautiful bright orange aboriginal design.  Feels like Qld.  As my daughter used to say please don’t bring any Qld clothes to

Melbourne/London.

if you look at Abcvideo news ? the Qld speakers wore the shirt.

Hah! I can recall years ago on one of my visits to Melbourne, someone remarked that I obviously came from Queensland. When I looked surprised, she said that it was because I was wearing bright clothes.

6 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

No it is a beautiful bright orange aboriginal design.  Feels like Qld.  As my daughter used to say please don’t bring any Qld clothes to

Melbourne/London.

if you look at Abcvideo news ? the Qld speakers wore the shirt.

Can you put a pic of the shirt up, I failed.  I fail to see why the Aboriginal design, what is wrong with a Surfers Paradise Tropical shirt with pineapple motifs.

Edited by NSWP

At least the numb skulls have a plan.
If it works or not is another thing but we can’t go on with these lockdowns.

There is going to be no economy left.

I went to my local booze shop and they had no stock because the warehouse had the bug.   I thought this is getting bad.

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Can you put a pic of the shirt up, I failed.  I fail to see why the Aboriginal design, what is wrong with a Surfers Paradise Tropical shirt with pineapple motifs. Or a Lowes special....

lowes.jpg.447029ef1491c5889dbf91084090c17c.jpg

11 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Can you put a pic of the shirt up, I failed.  I fail to see why the Aboriginal design, what is wrong with a Surfers Paradise Tropical shirt with pineapple motifs.

They are taking vaccines to aboriginal communities throughout Qld.  They already have 100% vaccinated in parts of TI. 
sorry I’m not up to putting up on internet but I’m sure one of our clever people will be able to.

18 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Hah! I can recall years ago on one of my visits to Melbourne, someone remarked that I obviously came from Queensland. When I looked surprised, she said that it was because I was wearing bright clothes.

i soon learnt why Melbourne people look so

Beautifully dressed no matter what the changes in weather mid summer.  They never put their winter clothes away. One summer

I came out of a shop dressed in a flimsy Qld summer dress to discover the weather was freezing and locals were cozy in their winter clothes. 

15 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Beautifully dressed no matter what the changes in weather mid summer.  They never put their winter clothes away. One summer

I came out of a shop dressed in a flimsy Qld summer dress to discover the weather was freezing and locals were cozy in their winter clothes. 

Same climate as Tasmania, 4 seasons in one day. On our last trip to Tas it happened twice in the one day.

22 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

The first thing I learnt about Melbourne was to pack clothes for all seasons when visiting there.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Russell21 said:

Same climate as Tasmania, 4 seasons in one day. On our last trip to Tas it happened twice in the one day.

All my overseas winter clothes have been bought during Tas summer. The sweatshirt I throw in is never warm enough 

5 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I certainly change my clothes over between seasons. One side of my wardrobe is winter and the other summer.

My family was involved with surf lifesaving for many years. One year the Australian IRB (rubber rescue boats) was held at Torquay in April. All the Queenslanders and those from clubs in northern NSW were rugged up, those from the more southern clubs were wearing shorts and t shirts. They northerners couldn't handle the cold Southern Ocean.

38 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I certainly change my clothes over between seasons. One side of my wardrobe is winter and the other summer.

My family was involved with surf lifesaving for many years. One year the Australian IRB (rubber rescue boats) was held at Torquay in April. All the Queenslanders and those from clubs in northern NSW were rugged up, those from the more southern clubs were wearing shorts and t shirts. They northerners couldn't handle the cold Southern Ocean.

But can you reach your winter clothes year round?  We have had four seasons in one day in Melbourne. If we don’t go to Tassie after the tennis, we spend a few days at a Rental at Daylesford ?, complete with fireplace and cut wood.

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

All my overseas winter clothes have been bought during Tas summer. The sweatshirt I throw in is never warm enough 

I layer. I pack a jumper, a fleece and a rain jacket. They can be worn in any combination depending how cold and/or wet it is.

18 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

But can you reach your winter clothes year round?  We have had four seasons in one day in Melbourne. If we don’t go to Tassie after the tennis, we spend a few days at a Rental at Daylesford ?, complete with fireplace and cut wood.

Yes, I can reach them easily. Two door wardrobe with the doors opening out - winter clothes are on  right and summer on the left. Coats and jackets hang on hooks in hallway. I guess Melburnians are used to 4 seasons in one day. I always have a rainjacket and jacket/jumper in my car if the weather turns. 

Edited by possum52

Like I always say ... you've gotta be tough to live in Melbourne.

LOL I remember many years ago we had family from England visiting in January.  A couple of days after their arrival we had a barbie for them in the backyard with extended family.  Well, they were loving the heat (it was about 35 deg C and a dry heat) and were wearing their bathers and jumping in and out of the pool and lying out in the sun and getting burnt to a crisp.  All the Aussie family members were sitting in the shade LOL. 

Over night we had one of our famous Melbourne 'cool' changes (more like an Antarctic blast!).  The next day we took them down to Sorrento and across on the ferry to Queenscliffe.  They were shivering and moaning that they were freezing.  We were out in shorts and tshirts enjoying the crisp breezes.  Us Melbourne people can adapt to anything! 😏

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LC1950 said:

Like I always say ... you've gotta be tough to live in Melbourne.

LOL I remember many years ago we had family from England visiting in January.  A couple of days after their arrival we had a barbie for them in the backyard with extended family.  Well, they were loving the heat (it was about 35 deg C and a dry heat) and were wearing their bathers and jumping in and out of the pool and lying out in the sun and getting burnt to a crisp.  All the Aussie family members were sitting in the shade LOL. 

When I was in Marseilles France somone told me they can always tell who the tourists are on the street because they walk on the sunny side while the locals always follow the shade 😂. We must have really blended in that day because we were following the shade since our visit coincided with a heatwave so it was sweltering🥵

On 8/21/2021 at 11:40 AM, MMDown Under said:

Melbourne wear a lot of black, gray and darker colours. You have to prepare for all weathers because even in Summer the temperate can drop 10 degrees in 10 minutes.