Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

32 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

The shopping limit in Victoria is 1 person per household, for 1 hour, once per day.

There are allowances outside the 5km zone. For example, if I need to go to Officeworks for work from home supplies, my nearest is about 7km.

What I should have added is that Officeworks, and such shops, are click and collect (or home delivery) only. No going into the shop.

Similar for regular people with Bunnings, etc, etc.

Reading through the list of “essential” shops in NSW makes me shake my head in disappointment.

• Like 2

Most of the Greater Sydney area, except for the 12 LGAs who have tighter restrictions, can still leave home every day for "outdoor recreation".

The dictionary definition of recreation is:

1. refreshment by means of some pastime, agreeable exercise, or the like.
  2. a pastime, diversion, exercise, or other resource affording relaxation and enjoyment.

So essentially anything you like for as long as you like within 5km, with as many members of your household as you like, plus one person other than a household member. 

Talk about a loophole big enough to drive a bus through! 🤬
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Thecat123 said:

When we got asked to leave the ship at Adelaide half way through our cruise we got back to NZ 12 hours to late to avoid the self quarantine so we had to stay home for 14 days while everybody just carried on as normal. We did get a couple of phone calls checking on us during those 2 weeks. A neighbor went and got us some milk and other essentials as we had nothing being away for a couple of weeks dropping them off at the front door and leaving. Then when that was over NZ went into a full lock down  with us only allowed to get food, petrol etc. The supermarkets had security only letting a certain number in at a time. We could order pizzas etc online with a no contact delivery

We did survive 😀

The deliveries were only allowed at Level three not Level Four lockdown.  We actually had a policeman knock on our door one evening to check that my husband was isolating at home as he was supposed to.

I fear we are doomed 

went to go the supermarket this morning..... OMG

There was a farmer market in the carpark.... people everywhere... have never seen it busier.....   Locked the doors and did a u-turn..

It fact it was scary...... so aborted trip to that supermarket, went to our other supermarket...dead quiet as usual on Sunday morning...

( we have 3 supermarkets within a 3km radius )

So I have seen where the next Hot Spot in Melbourne will be...

honestly it was unbelievable.... glad to be home.....

A Market in the Middle of Lock Down... you have to be joking.

Don

Edited by getting older slowly
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Docker123 said:

The shopping limit in Victoria is 1 person per household, for 1 hour, once per day.

There are allowances outside the 5km zone. For example, if I need to go to Officeworks for work from home supplies, my nearest is about 7km.

Adrian, earlier this morning, I was checking the restrictions for shopping in Melbourne for a neighbour who doesn't have online access. There is no time limit for us to shop, all that it says is 'Only one person per household can leave home to get necessary goods and services. They can leave once a day, which means people can’t make multiple shopping trips. You should limit the time you spend away from home.'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

I fear we are doomed 

There was a farmer market in the carpark.... people everywhere... have never seen it busier.....   Locked the doors and did a u-turn..

It fact it was scary...... so aborted trip to that supermarket, went to our other supermarket...dead quiet as usual on Sunday morning...

Don

A pop-up market does sound a bit of a strange thing to have during a lockdown. To hard to social distance in those circumstances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

I fear we are doomed 

Don

Smart move Don. I.love markets my favourite form of shopping. Yet I’ve yet to see a good one which wasn’t crowded. A positive person attended the HOTA Markets at Bundall GC during one outbreak.

During lockdowns they have to learn to pivot their selling methods. The Ekka has

had a drive through to sell their Dagwood dogs

Bertie Beetle bags and strawberry icecreams. They also sold boxes of 50 to be collected by car next week.

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Lockdown means people should be at home unless it is essential  to leave for the various  reasons. Instead people  are looking for loopholes and justification for the reasons they are not staying  at home. I suppose  I am frustrated as this will  drag on past Xmas, with lots of cases ike it is in the UK.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

That’s the point. People looking for how they can go out will lead to this going on and on and on.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

That’s the point. People looking for how they can go out will lead to this going on and on and on.

People will need to go out to shop esp for

Fresh fruit and vegs.if they haven’t stocked up. We no longer have pantries with sacks of potatoes, pumpkins raw sugar etc.

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

People will need to go out to shop esp for

Fresh fruit and vegs.if they haven’t stocked up. We no longer have pantries with sacks of potatoes, pumpkins raw sugar etc.

There's a difference between someone doing their grocery shopping once a week, and someone who goes shopping every day, gets a takeaway coffee and wanders around drinking it, hangs out at a park or beach pretending to exercise or doing some nebulous outdoor recreation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Don

Unbelievable is right, well I guess maybe we shouldn’t be surprised - there is so much stupidity in the world these days.

I’m sure all those stalls had QR code checkin & Covidsafe plans

You made a sensible decision to drive away.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

There's a difference between someone doing their grocery shopping once a week, and someone who goes shopping every day, gets a takeaway coffee and wanders around drinking it, hangs out at a park or beach pretending to exercise or doing some nebulous outdoor recreation.

It will be hard to get on top of infections, and get back to cruising, when we have situations like what was reported by the AGE paper today.

Victoria Police Acting Superintendent Greg Hinton said authorities were actively patrolling the area after planners had hired a DJ and invited thousands to attend the gathering.

“We had a street party last night in the Mornington Peninsula set up for 1000. It was a house party actually with a DJ and stage,” he said.

“We were actively patrolling that area, discouraging people to come. “It is difficult for officers to monitor every situation where people are picking up takeaways ... because restaurants and things are everywhere, people are gathering … with the warm weather.”

The comments came after roughly 200 Victorians gathered on Sunday afternoon for an informal party on High Street, in Northcote, when a DJ set up outside the Peacock Inn.

Several restaurants and pubs in the area were selling takeaway alcohol to remain in compliance with the directions issued by Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton. But Acting Superintendent Hinton said it was the responsibility of Victorians to adhere to the directions issued by the CHO, and that he expected people to look at the substance of their actions to decide whether they were in breach.

“The community has to be responsible for their own actions in particular situations where they genuinely know that they are breaking a CHO direction,” he said.

There were a couple of fruit and veggie markets on down here today @ Batehaven and Moruya.  If people were masked up and distanced it was legal. I did not attend, did not need any fresh stuff.

Edited by NSWP

48 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

There’s finally a plan,     phase 4 ,    80% vaccination.

I think Gladys expects that by Christmas.

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/exclusive-how-the-government-plans-to-bring-back-australian-cruising/

I think the article.... is saying not likely

New regulations will demand that ships have “stronger pre-arrival health assessment and screening processes, supported by enhanced pre-arrival reporting requirements” as they approach each port or destination in states and territories.

A decision on disembarkation will then be made based on the availability of medical facilities in the event of an outbreak of disease like COVID-19

So this means  only stopping at a Capital Cities, if the state allows them

Too many uncertainties for a cruise line to commit

So this plan.... is a bit wishful which makes one wonder, this Phase 4   is that after phase 3  which is ?    80% of which people ? and which Christmas ?

6 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

I think the article.... is saying not likely

New regulations will demand that ships have “stronger pre-arrival health assessment and screening processes, supported by enhanced pre-arrival reporting requirements” as they approach each port or destination in states and territories.

A decision on disembarkation will then be made based on the availability of medical facilities in the event of an outbreak of disease like COVID-19

So this means  only stopping at a Capital Cities, if the state allows them

Too many uncertainties for a cruise line to commit

So this plan.... is a bit wishful which makes one wonder, this Phase 4   is that after phase 3  which is ?    80% of which people ? and which Christmas ?

Yes that is my question. 80% of all people or 80% of adults?  I would like the politicians to stop giving political answers. I would like

them to provide accurate answers.

EG you can catch Delta after having two vaccines so you should continue to look

after your vulnerable people. 

As many positive feel good messages as

Negative feel not good messages (eg people thinking of others, providing food parcels, phoning people to check they are OK, shopping for the housebound, sharing jigsaw puzzles, books and friendly smiles behind the masks on exercise walks etc etc).  

51 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Yes that is my question. 80% of all people or 80% of adults?  I would like the politicians to stop giving political answers. I would like

them to provide accurate answers.

EG you can catch Delta after having two vaccines so you should continue to look

after your vulnerable people. 

As many positive feel good messages as

Negative feel not good messages (eg people thinking of others, providing food parcels, phoning people to check they are OK, shopping for the housebound, sharing jigsaw puzzles, books and friendly smiles behind the masks on exercise walks etc etc).  

Scott Morrison has clarified that the 80% quoted, is 80% of adults, even after children are included in the group eligible to be vaccinated.

You can contract COVID including the Delta variant after having two doses of vaccine, BUT you are unlikely to become very ill and very unlikely to need hospital treatment or, even worse, treatment on a ventilator.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Scott Morrison has clarified that the 80% quoted, is 80% of adults, even after children are included in the group eligible to be vaccinated.

You can contract COVID including the Delta variant after having two doses of vaccine, BUT you are unlikely to become very ill and very unlikely to need hospital treatment or, even worse, treatment on a ventilator.

Thanks I’ve read mixed messages re what the 80% was of.

Yes I was going to add that but thought that message had been spread more often than the fact that vaccinated people can still catch Covid.  If you know that you are more likely to continue to take care.  I believe we won’t be totally free for some time.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I can't access the image. It is shown as 'unavailable'. Maybe you mean Queenslanders shouldn't wear any shirts? 🙂

Forget it, I could not get the image up for the shirt worn by the Qld CHO.  A bit ott.

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

I can't access the image. It is shown as 'unavailable'. Maybe you mean Queenslanders shouldn't wear any shirts? 🙂

No it is a beautiful bright orange aboriginal design.  Feels like Qld.  As my daughter used to say please don’t bring any Qld clothes to

Melbourne/London.

if you look at Abcvideo news ? the Qld speakers wore the shirt.

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

80% of the population will not be achieved because 30% of the population refuse to be jabbed. So we are in limbo land.

I think you will find that the 30% figure you quote, would have shrunk a lot with the current outbreak. In Queensland, many people didn't feel the urgency to have the vaccination, but now the earliest appointment that some in my family can get is December. In their age group, they are to have Pfizer.