Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

20 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Very creative granddaughter and her grandpa.  I forgot!  It wasn’t big when my daughters were young. More an American thing!

Halloween has really kicked off in Straya in the last 30 years. It was almost unknown in the 70's and 80's. The Halloween virus snuck across the Pacific from the Land of Tipping.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Halloween has really kicked off in Straya in the last 30 years. It was almost unknown in the 70's and 80's. The Halloween virus snuck across the Pacific from the Land of Tipping.

No Halloween in my area. Aldi has pretty much skipped it selling Christmas goods for the past month😂. The only reason I notice Halloween has past is when the bargain stores start selling all the reject decorations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

No Halloween in my area. Aldi has pretty much skipped it selling Christmas goods for the past month😂. The only reason I notice Halloween has past is when the bargain stores start selling all the reject decorations.

We have had Halloween stuff for about a month. Today they were switching out to Christmas.

For us we have made a rule No Christmas stuff until after Remembrance day, even then it will be pretty low key for us this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

We have had Halloween stuff for about a month. Today they were switching out to Christmas.

For us we have made a rule No Christmas stuff until after Remembrance day, even then it will be pretty low key for us this year.

Easter Eggs will be in the supermarkets soon, lol.

49 minutes ago, LC1950 said:

And don't forget the hot cross buns.  Going to the local stupidmarket tomorrow morning and I'll be looking for them. 

If there are no hot cross buns just get fruit buns. Same thing without the cross.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

What’s Royal Princess upto?  ,it’s heading west to Hawaii.

Hawaii is open, as is the states. Oceania have an itinerary calling very close to home, inc. New Calendonia and Bali. Supposedly sailing in January.

32 minutes ago, ollyoeno said:

Hawaii is open, as is the states. Oceania have an itinerary calling very close to home, inc. New Calendonia and Bali. Supposedly sailing in January.

lm not up to date with Princess ships.
So it’s doing a revenue cruise?

She could be there as a focal point for a regatta of some kind, as its that time of year when the smaller sailing vessels head to hawaii - fiji on the pacific crossing. That's a dream of mine. 

Edited by ollyoeno

The pineapple’s are pretty good, probably gone to get some.

Ovation is going into warm layup ,the coastguard is trying to work out somewhere to put it for 6 months.So we won’t see it for a year.

Spectrum is doing circles off Hong Kong as the Chinese keep making up excuses for it not to start. That’s be going on for 4 months now.
Just like one of our coal ships.

Wonder of the seas is going to get all of it’s Chinese signage taken of it .
Pull the rice cookers out and put in hamburger machines ,that’s what the ship yard has been told.

I think RCI will pull the pin on China.

We may see Spectrum and Royal here in Sydney early next year?

If only we had a prime minister that could concentrate.

33 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Everyone knows the pineapple’s are great in Hawaii.

The pineapple industry in Hawaii is kaput, I was there in June 2019.  Just the Dole plantation tourist place.  🍍 Overpriced pineapple milk shakes and ice creams.

So now the Dole branded pineapple comes from China, like most other things.

Edited by NSWP

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

The pineapple industry in Hawaii is kaput, I was there in June 2019.  Just the Dole plantation tourist place.  🍍 Overpriced pineapple milk shakes and ice creams.

I think there is still a fair amount of pineapple grown in Hawaii Les. We were at the dole Plantation tourist attraction as well. It is a typical tourist place, some of the Merchandise was kinda cool, I like the Dole pineapple Dude. We really liked the Dole whip.

When we buy pineapple here we check to see if it is from Hawaii, if not we will usually pass.

20 hours ago, Snoopkat said:

Time to start stocking up on those fun sized chocolate bars at half price. Next up Black Friday sales.

Great idea except when I went in to the London Drug Pharmacy (It is much more than a chemist) on the 1st of November there was pretty much no Halloween candy left and the Christmas stuff was there instead.

I will correct myself on the Pineapple. It would seem that pineapple has gone the way of the sugar cane in Hawaii. We Haven't really looked at fresh pineapple recently and if we did it was not from Hawaii. Damn, we really enjoyed a fresh Hawaiian pineapple.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I think there is still a fair amount of pineapple grown in Hawaii Les. We were at the dole Plantation tourist attraction as well. It is a typical tourist place, some of the Merchandise was kinda cool, I like the Dole pineapple Dude. We really liked the Dole whip.

When we buy pineapple here we check to see if it is from Hawaii, if not we will usually pass.

The dole whip is pretty good Lyle.

There only 3 places you can buy it .the Hawaii plant ,Disney Land and world.

Dole is pretty big in the Philippines also but no Dole whip.

50 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I will correct myself on the Pineapple. It would seem that pineapple has gone the way of the sugar cane in Hawaii. We Haven't really looked at fresh pineapple recently and if we did it was not from Hawaii. Damn, we really enjoyed a fresh Hawaiian pineapple.

Queensland has a good pineapple trade.🍋 But you cannot cross the border to get some lol.  Have to knock up some ham steaks and pineapple for dinner.

225480281_OIP(2).jpg.5412945371d8f652c9ec9ce5f6004534.jpg

th.jpg

Edited by NSWP

Pineapples require Sulphur to grow correctly, which is why they thrived for many years in the volcanic soil. Unfortunately the Sulphur was depleted many years ago and it had to be artificially supplied to the soil. Economics being what they are it became uneconomic to supplement the soil when other countries were still able to use the natural sulphur still available in their soil. 

• Thanks 1