Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

9 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They obviously can't understand that cruise lines actually want to avoid having cases onboard and in the rare circumstances that it does happen they have isolation areas prepared and sufficient medical staff to deal with it. With all passengers and crew fully vaccinated the risk of an uncontrolled outbreak like that on Ruby Princess is close to zero.

Unfortunately perception is reality in politics. And clicks sell ads in the media. Put those two things together and you can already see the headlines touted a few confined cases onboard as 'another Ruby Princess' regardless of the facts. No politician would want that on their watch, so if we see any decent cruising for next Summer I'd regard that as a surprise. 

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

For the government there is only one thing that matters, the election early next year. Everything is judged on the basis of whether it helps or hinders re-election.

The government's polling and market research will have told them which issues need to be neutralised before the election. It's apparent that restarting cruising is not one of them.

I have to agree.👍

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t think scumo will be getting many cruise votes next election.

Is he a Princess Cruiser? He could escape completely and come back new.'  But then again he might be a Royal Caribbean cruiser and requires the red carpet rollout by Gbenjo at Circular Quay, lol  As the PM he certainly deserves it.

gettyimages-185272316-612x612.jpg.af2d538e4ec032880a41c5e2aec5ea7f.jpg

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Is he a Princess Cruiser? He could escape completely and come back new.'  But then again he might be a Royal Caribbean cruiser and requires the red carpet rollout by Gbenjo at Circular Quay, lol  As the PM he certainly deserves it.

gettyimages-185272316-612x612.jpg.af2d538e4ec032880a41c5e2aec5ea7f.jpg

I don’t think the French or the Chinese would have a red carpet for him.

The U.S. president can’t remember his name.
‘Prince Charlie had to remind him about Glasgow.

I suppose graham may get the red carpet out just from sheer boredom and reminiscing about the good old days of cruising.

I wonder what mess Scomo is going to sign us up to.
‘I can see the speech now .Climate change is not a race we are not in a race to save the planet.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t think the French or the Chinese would have a red carpet for him.

The U.S. president can’t remember his name.
‘Prince Charlie had to remind him about Glasgow.

I suppose graham may get the red carpet out just from sheer boredom and reminiscing about the good old days of cruising.

I wonder what mess Scomo is going to sign us up to.
‘I can see the speech now .Climate change is not a race we are not in a race to save the planet.

All about the submarines lol. At lease in Rome Scomo will be eating plenty spaget and in Glasgow plenty haggis and scotch, lol. And a scottish meat pie.

1399038756_th(1)pie.jpg.d5df6b4652eba65e8c2fc977c72b02aa.jpg

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

All about the submarines lol. At lease in Rome Scomo will be eating plenty spaget and in Glasgow plenty haggis and scotch, lol. And a scottish meat pie.

1399038756_th(1)pie.jpg.d5df6b4652eba65e8c2fc977c72b02aa.jpg

He should go to The Chippie Doon The Lane for deep fried haggis bites. So yummy! The fish and chips were great too.

Pretty useful video summing up 'the aussie situation' in under five minutes.

In the comments to the video, there are some interesting posts from Australians including one viewer who said politicians seem to be unaware that ships can't enter Australia, although international travel resumes.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

He should go to The Chippie Doon The Lane for deep fried haggis bites. So yummy! The fish and chips were great too.

Topped off with a deep fried Mars Bar - a Scottish delicacy.😱

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Indeed I tried one of those some years ago whilst in Edinburgh. Not to my taste.

mars.jpg.a53970f6f77409c9e2bdd7bcecd53ec2.jpg

Not to my taste either. For a start Mars Bars are just too sweet and rich for me and the thought of them deep fried is just yuck!

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I like Mars bars, funny thing they are quite nice straight out of the wrapper. I never felt the need to mess with them.

I prefer them refrigerated, but hey it is warmer here so that may be why.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

I prefer them refrigerated, but hey it is warmer here so that may be why.

I agree Mr Gut, I like all chocolate stored in the fridge.  Tis the climate.  On the subject of chocolate, I had a browse around my local Reject Shop today. For some time they have stocked a small range of Tesco (UK) food items.  The vegetable soup is good, only 50 cents a can, so I bought half a dozen of them and Tesco dark chocolate which I prefer to milk chocolate is $2 so bought 6 of them.  I am no snob, Reject Shop is good for moi.  The more you eat the more you save at Reject Shop just like Dans. 

So then I moved onto Uncle Dan Murphys down the road, like a kid in the lolly shop...my favourite Thatchers English cider on promo so bought 4 x 4 packs of that, a dozen De Bortoli Sacred Hill Semillon Sauvignon Blanc @ $4.75 a bottle and half a dozen Jacobs Creek Pinot Noir @ $6.60. As you can see I pay top dollar for my plonk, 😁

Crikey what a Mammoth Thread Hijack, lol.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Get the Halloween size Leigh, they will be on sale tomorrow 😉, one bite.

I bought packs of Milky Ways as I don't like them and if there are any left, I'm sure the grandlkids will eat them. 

Aaaaah, Mars Bars, haven't had one in ages.  You've all inspired me to go searching  on the web for a Mars Bar slice.  Used to make one years ago when daughter was having little birthday parties.  I remember it needed 3 cups of Rice Bubbles but can't remember what other quantities.  Much nicer than chocolate crackles!

We've got the grandkids for a sleepover next Saturday so I'm thinking an activity for them will be to make a Mars Bar Slice.  They both love "chollet" (as the just turned 3 years calls it) and they both love Rice Bubbles.  LOL something to take home to Mum and Dad ... Mum will love it I know.

Thank you for the inspiration.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

I agree Mr Gut, I like all chocolate stored in the fridge.  Tis the climate.  On the subject of chocolate, I had a browse around my local Reject Shop today. For some time they have stocked a small range of Tesco (UK) food items.  The vegetable soup is good, only 50 cents a can, so I bought half a dozen of them and Tesco dark chocolate which I prefer to milk chocolate is $2 so bought 6 of them.  I am no snob, Reject Shop is good for moi.  The more you eat the more you save at Reject Shop just like Dans. 

So then I moved onto Uncle Dan Murphys down the road, like a kid in the lolly shop...my favourite Thatchers English cider on promo so bought 4 x 4 packs of that, a dozen De Bortoli Sacred Hill Semillon Sauvignon Blanc @ $4.75 a bottle and half a dozen Jacobs Creek Pinot Noir @ $6.60. As you can see I pay top dollar for my plonk, 😁

Crikey what a Mammoth Thread Hijack, lol.

Rolf has discovered a really nice Scottish ale at Dan's - Belhaven. Not super-cheap but very nice.

• Like 1

It was surprisingly quiet in our street this year. Normally we hear the kids going past, group after group of them, but we only heard one lot and they were later than expected. If we go for a walk tomorrow we'll get a good idea how many kids were around by the lolly paper trail. Last year it was very noticeable. 😒

14 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Trick or treats at my house tonight, so far around 12 groups (30 or so kids). Still light so my spooky light display isn't on yet.

Well we were very busy, between 5- 8pm, we had around 25 groups with around 60-70 kids in total. Lots of great costumes.

We had chuppa chups, snack size snickers and mars bars as well as Minties. By 7.45 it was dark enough for the lights to kick in.

12 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Rolf has discovered a really nice Scottish ale at Dan's - Belhaven. Not super-cheap but very nice.

Sounds a bit too classy for the ferals and bogans down here, lol. But to be serious Dan's does have a very good range of international beers. Although Dan's down here has got rid of the aisle where all the cider was, they have just got it stored in their fridges and not a huge range. I let one of the floor staff know my feelings re cider display. He replied 'We don't sell a lot of cider down here so we cannot justify its own aisle.'  They drink....

1195650427_OIP(1).jpg.526c73a793478cb78124bb5639215879.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2