Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

52 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Royal is scheduled for Alaska from May 2nd so I doubt they's bring her down here just for a month or so.

The email I got from Princess cancelling my March cruise also stated "Given the ongoing uncertainty of travel restrictions to the regions visited on these cruises, we will be replacing voyages currently scheduled on Coral Princess through May 2022. New Coral Princess itineraries departing from Australia for autumn 2022 will be announced in due course."

The rumour is that these will be released early December.

Let’s see 

I can see you and Rolf just flashing you elite card and everyone stepping back.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Let’s see 

I can see you and Rolf just flashing you elite card and everyone stepping back.

We don't flash our Elite cards - actually they'll be medallions now. We keep them tucked away in pockets or bags. Anyway we've only had one cruise as Elite so we're still newbies in that respect. We did enjoy having our laundry done for free though, and that will be a huge plus if we get to go on a world cruise.

Cruising was discussed at yesterday's National Cabinet meeting full statement here - https://www.pm.gov.au/media/national-cabinet-statement-051121

The relevant part is as follows -  

National Cabinet also noted a paper on international cruise ship reopening.

National Cabinet noted that states and territories will control the recommencement of cruises in each jurisdiction when the Commonwealth Minister for Health and Aged Care has revoked the BioSecurity (Human Biosecurity Emergency)(Human Coronavirus with Pandemic Potential)(Emergency Requirements for Cruise Ships).

Just now, Cruisegroover said:

Cruising was discussed at yesterday's National Cabinet meeting full statement here - https://www.pm.gov.au/media/national-cabinet-statement-051121

National Cabinet noted that states and territories will control the recommencement of cruises in each jurisdiction when the Commonwealth Minister for Health and Aged Care has revoked the BioSecurity (Human Biosecurity Emergency)(Human Coronavirus with Pandemic Potential)(Emergency Requirements for Cruise Ships).

In other words the Federal government has passed the buck and now we have to put up with the states messing us, and the cruise lines, about. 

I would not blame the cruise lines if they abandoned Australia completely saying "Sorry, mate, let us know when you're serious about having cruising there and we might see if we can send a ship down sometime or other".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

In other words the Federal government has passed the buck and now we have to put up with the states messing us, and the cruise lines, about. 

I would not blame the cruise lines if they abandoned Australia completely saying "Sorry, mate, let us know when you're serious about having cruising there and we might see if we can send a ship down sometime or other".

Yep that's about the gist of it.

34 minutes ago, Cruisegroover said:

I see that as positive news, basically getting things back like they were pre covid, as long as the Feds do not extend the ban past 17 December.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They won’t abandon Australia,it’s one of their biggest cash cows.

Some of RCG best revenue ships are the one that sail between Alaska and Sydney.

When it comes to profit,they will forget quickly.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Are these ships crewed up and ready to go?   no
And Coral Princess is off Miami.

Royal Princess could have crew on stand -by and ready to fly in to Honolulu tomorrow and quarantine on route to Sydney.

Spectrum is all crewed up and has been trying to start in Hong Kong for 4 months now and is looking for greener pastures.They are ready to take their ball and run.

There isn’t any other ships in the Pacific Ocean 

I believe that the Coral Princess is due for drydocking in Cadiz, between 01-15 December 2021.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

I believe that the Coral Princess is due for drydocking in Cadiz, between 01-15 December 2021.

That must have been a recent dry dock booking as she was due to come down here at the start of the 21/22 season and stay over winter.

55 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

They won’t abandon Australia,it’s one of their biggest cash cows.

Some of RCG best revenue ships are the one that sail between Alaska and Sydney.

When it comes to profit,they will forget quickly.

You're probably right but I wouldn't blame them if they put Australia into the too hard basket for a few years.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Cruisegroover said:

But no resolution on whether or not they will be extending the federal ban for some period of time before they hand the reigns back to the states?

10 hours ago, woodscruise said:

There’s the 2 Carnival ships in Dubai, they may take a bit longer. 

I wonder what they will do with ovation over the next 5 months?

I suppose it’s a bit short notice but with the success of the world cruise you think they could do a circular of the South Pacific or something and back to Seattle in April.
Say for 2-3 months ,there seems to be plenty of people with time and money.

12 hours ago, Cruisegroover said:

Interesting (and a touch alarming) that the Minister for Health and Aged Care makes the ultimate decision!

Edited by Porky55

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

There’s the 2 Carnival ships in Dubai, they may take a bit longer. 

I wonder what they will do with ovation over the next 5 months?

I suppose it’s a bit short notice but with the success of the world cruise you think they could do a circular of the South Pacific or something and back to Seattle in April.
Say for 2-3 months ,there seems to be plenty of people with time and money.

The Carnival Spirit is currently in Dubai drydock, and my guess Splendor will go in next and get the new hull colour. The P&O ships are all in Europe. 

A circular Pacific may be  a bit hard to do with the number of ports closed to ship currently.

On 11/5/2021 at 3:36 PM, Porky55 said:

Do P&O and Carnival even have loyalty points??

P& O UK have loyalty tiers with different discounts for loyalty classes, like discounts off tours, drinks, purchases in shops etc. Think I was Mediterranean tier last time I was on Aurora which was 2016, think I got 10% off on board spend could be 15% not sure.  P&O UK are very good and generous with their obc. I would sail with them again, been on Arcadia 3 times (inc half worldie) , Aurora, Oriana, great ships.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, woodscruise said:

The Carnival Spirit is currently in Dubai drydock, and my guess Splendor will go in next and get the new hull colour. The P&O ships are all in Europe. 

A circular Pacific may be  a bit hard to do with the number of ports closed to ship currently.

There’s very limited ports open at the moment and there’s that crazy PVSA that the Americans have.

I thought maybe the west coast of the America’s Fiji,Singapore ,Guam,Hawaii and back to Seattle but that wouldn’t work.

Royal Princess when straight to the dock and isn’t doing circles or anything.
So it’s doing a crew swap or something, its there for a reason .

0ACD7650-C21E-44D0-8188-AB7F4C86237D.thumb.png.d86a69a4de462fb7400a1eaa03ad75f6.png

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Royal Princess when straight to the dock and isn’t doing circles or anything.
So it’s doing a crew swap or something, its there for a reason .

Royal has just left HNL and her destination is showing as "SN SIN PWBGB"

According to Princess website her next cruise is not until May when she commences her Alaska season. From this I would say its destination is  Singapore.

12 hours ago, woodscruise said:

According to Princess website her next cruise is not until May when she commences her Alaska season. From this I would say its destination is  Singapore.

It has slowed down to 10 knots.

I seems to have a unusual route for Singapore,they usually go to the north of the Philippines . 
 Celebrity solstice is east bound and is on the usual shipping route but there’s no rule they have to do that.

30BEAAEE-CC4E-4706-AF35-560A62A04ECB.thumb.jpeg.635492bb4d00a9d6963976028ae4a1ee.jpeg

614F2C38-8379-4117-911B-C2908279A92B.thumb.png.28c87677e407f0a85f6a0562dbea3ea2.png

19 hours ago, woodscruise said:

Interesting.  Is she hoping to come here?  You don't go to Singapore if your itinerary is Alaska.

Island Princess has arrived in Limassol and Singapore Cruise Soc are reporting that she is carrying vaccinations for the Princess ships (Sapphire and Diamond) and P&O Aus ships which are hanging out there.  Why did Pac Explorer go to Limassol?  Was she carrying extra crew?

Carnival Spirit is now doing sea trials in her new livery.

Is the light at the end of the tunnel getting brighter??? mmmmmmm  Curious and curiouser.

• Haha 1