Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

We can only speculate Michael?
I don’t know it’s schedule or when it’s planned to start cruises. It’s enough to keep up with RC ships.But it’s strange it’s heading to Hawaii at a fairly decent speed.

Maybe getting a headstart for the race to Sydney??

Well it won't be here until at least mid 2022, if it arrives at all, what with all the latest Princess cancellations.

44 minutes ago, NSWP said:

With Princess out of the arena I might have to even try Royal Caribbean, if they come here, even with the cat.

1180918589_th(8).jpg.aad39841862d180ea1407df16cb5c147.jpg

I thought the cat was on Celebrity? And from what I hear she is headed to their newest ship, another "Edge" class ship called Celebrity Beyond.

Yours came in the same second I pressed submit Mic😉

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Like 2

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Captain Kate and her cat are on Celebrity Beyind, not on one of the  Royal Caribbean ships

They where on Wonder of the seas just recently,it leaves the ship yard and goes around to marseille tomorrow and she may be hitching a ride.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

With Princess out of the arena I might have to even try Royal Caribbean, if they come here, even with the cat.

1180918589_th(8).jpg.aad39841862d180ea1407df16cb5c147.jpg

Doesn’t Princess have a reciprocal on Carnival or P&O?

Like being Princess Elite you should be able to go straight into the Bogan’s lounge on P&O or Rootyhill RSL club Lounge on Carnival.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Like being Princess Elite you should be able to go straight into the Bogan’s lounge on P&O or Rootyhill RSL club Lounge on Carnival.

No, no reciprocal status deals on Carnival Corp brands.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Do P&O and Carnival even have loyalty points??

1 hour ago, woodscruise said:

I predict he will do his utmost to continue the block against cruise ships operating out of NSW ports. 

59 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

I agree with you OzKiwiJJ, especially since it was under his watch the Ruby Princess incident.

Hopefully Anna P will want cruise lines to start using her new cruise terminal and allow them to cruise in Queensland.

That might wake the NSW government up if hordes of cruisers start heading up to Queensland. 

But Perrottet has been reported as being keen to get cruising started in NSW so maybe he'll overrule Hazzard.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I’ll be on the optimist side . He might say bring a ship from each company  for trials.

There’s 7 weeks until the ban runs out.
Quantum or Spectrum is hot to trot and Royal Princess is lurking in the shadows.

Silversea are still selling there Australian itineraries with first cruise planned for December 21st, only 6 weeks away. Silver Muse is currently off the west coast of the US, they must be running out of time.

Our Ponant cruise still hasn’t been cancelled but the ship is waiting in Noumea, a little closer to get here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Hopefully Anna P will want cruise lines to start using her new cruise terminal and allow them to cruise in Queensland.

She expressed an interest in starting up cruising some time ago, but was shot down by the Feds.

But Perrottet has been reported as being keen to get cruising started in NSW so maybe he'll overrule Hazzard.

But neither of them can overrule the Feds. ☹️

The decision to allow cruises will come out of Canberra.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I’ll be on the optimist side . He might say bring a ship from each company  for trials.

There’s 7 weeks until the ban runs out.
Quantum or Spectrum is hot to trot and Royal Princess is lurking in the shadows.

Princess have already stated that Coral will be coming to do a new set of itineraries from March/April onwards. Coral is a lot smaller than Royal as she's a Panamax class ship. 

But I do agree it is likely to be one ship from whichever cruise lines show interest - P&O, RCI, Princess definitely and either HAL or Norwegian (I can't remember which) have been offering good deals on itineraries from March/April I think.

That might wake the NSW government up if hordes of cruisers start heading up to Queensland. 

Though Anna P seemed to have ruled out non Queenslanders cruising in the state for the moment. There was a statement at some stage about  possibly allowing some domestic cruises for Qlders only.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, gogo65 said:

Silversea are still selling there Australian itineraries with first cruise planned for December 21st, only 6 weeks away. Silver Muse is currently off the west coast of the US, they must be running out of time.

Our Ponant cruise still hasn’t been cancelled but the ship is waiting in Noumea, a little closer to get here.

How long would a trans-Pacific take with no port stops? No more than three weeks? It all depends if Silver Muse is up to full operating status too. But I think December will be too early for our governments unless, of course, some of their mates are booked on those cruises.

1 minute ago, Aussieflyer said:

Though Anna P seemed to have ruled out non Queenslanders cruising in the state for the moment. There was a statement at some stage about  possibly allowing some domestic cruises for Qlders only.

That would seriously annoy a lot of people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gogo65 said:

11 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

How long would a trans-Pacific take with no port stops? No more than three weeks? It all depends if Silver Muse is up to full operating status too. But I think December will be too early for our governments unless, of course, some of their mates are booked on those cruises.

Are these ships crewed up and ready to go?   no
And Coral Princess is off Miami.

Royal Princess could have crew on stand -by and ready to fly in to Honolulu tomorrow and quarantine on route to Sydney.

Spectrum is all crewed up and has been trying to start in Hong Kong for 4 months now and is looking for greener pastures.They are ready to take their ball and run.

There isn’t any other ships in the Pacific Ocean 

22 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Are these ships crewed up and ready to go?   no
And Coral Princess is off Miami.

Royal Princess could have crew on stand -by and ready to fly in to Honolulu tomorrow and quarantine on route to Sydney.

Spectrum is all crewed up and has been trying to start in Hong Kong for 4 months now and is looking for greener pastures.They are ready to take their ball and run.

There isn’t any other ships in the Pacific Ocean 

Royal is scheduled for Alaska from May 2nd so I doubt they's bring her down here just for a month or so.

The email I got from Princess cancelling my March cruise also stated "Given the ongoing uncertainty of travel restrictions to the regions visited on these cruises, we will be replacing voyages currently scheduled on Coral Princess through May 2022. New Coral Princess itineraries departing from Australia for autumn 2022 will be announced in due course."

The rumour is that these will be released early December.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ