Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

13 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Northern Hemisphere expedition cruises 🙄 why?

https://albatros-expeditions.com/

I'm supposing she is on a repositioning route without passengers? Transiting FP, CI and nations operating port restrictions and vessel restrictions at present bodes well for small cruise vessel return.

Hawaii issued a statement on the transit of the Princess vessel not too long ago, it was for resupply only. No crew debarked.

7 hours ago, ollyoeno said:

Transiting FP, CI and nations operating port restrictions and vessel restrictions at present bodes well for small cruise vessel return.

If you like the look of Albatros Ex. Cruises - have you had a look at Coral Expeditions - they ARE cruising right now to Qld, Tas, WA (?) just a bit đź’°đź’µ

Edited by Porky55

2 hours ago, Virga said:

Can't pull up February or early March Aus cruises on the Carnival site today...  Might just be IT related but I suspect we'll be reading an announcement soon =/

In early December if they do extend the cruise ban for another 3 months (as they have done previously) it will be imposed until the 17th of March so it makes sense  if it's not IT related.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Virga said:

Can't pull up February or early March Aus cruises on the Carnival site today...  Might just be IT related but I suspect we'll be reading an announcement soon =/

If there are cruises early next year they will be local cruises,up and down the coast and will be just for residents.

• Like 1

Hi

have booked on Coral Expeditions in March from Melbourne to Fremantle.  Will McGowan let us in as I am from Melbourne.

you do wonder what WA people are thinking as they can’t have family to visit from NSW or Vic.

eileen

• Like 1

More cancellations from P&O

BREAKING NEWS.
Amid Continuing Uncertainty about Resumption of Cruising, P&O Cruises Australia Cancels Adelaide, Fremantle and Cairns seasons for 2022

With ongoing uncertainty around the resumption of cruising in Australia and the region, P&O Cruises Australia has today cancelled its 2022 homeporting seasons for Adelaide, Fremantle and Cairns.
The decision means a P&O Cruises Australia ship will not be based (or homeported) from the cities for seasons scheduled for the first half of 2022.

The cruise line will also be cancelling cruises scheduled to call in Papua New Guinea until October next year.

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

If there are cruises early next year they will be local cruises,up and down the coast and will be just for residents.

That won't happen Chilli,  the cruise lines will not send their ships here.

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

That won't happen Chilli,  the cruise lines will not send their ships here.

True uncle Les ,there won’t be a cruise season for the first half of next year at least.

I did say if  but I’m hoping for some test cruises.
Hey I would even get on a carnival ship, I did some research into P&O as a last resort but I don’t know?

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

True uncle Les ,there won’t be a cruise season for the first half of next year at least.

Hey I would even get on a carnival ship, I did some research into P&O as a last resort but I don’t know?

We went on Carnival Spirit once...they don't call them seas days, they are 'fun days at sea,' Lets get the party started on Carnival, singing waiters and all...

safe_image.gif.a1f0d189f2dcddcf654749f20959b890.gif

5 hours ago, Cruisers47 said:

Hi

have booked on Coral Expeditions in March from Melbourne to Fremantle.  Will McGowan let us in as I am from Melbourne.

you do wonder what WA people are thinking as they can’t have family to visit from NSW or Vic.

eileen

I'm from WA and almost everyone I speak to here is more than happy to keep our border closed until after Christmas/New Year.  We have no restriction here now, BUT when borders open in Jan we will begin restrictions, smaller gatherings/masks etc.  Let us celebrate Christmas without restrictions, then you can all come visit and we get to leave our cage!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

We did a cruise on Carnival Legend. It was OK. Very good food in the MDR. Decent food in the buffet at mealtimes but not a lot in between (we're spoilt with the Princess buffet open right through from early to late). Great piano bar. Shows had too many strobe lights for me but weren't too bad. The adults-only pool area was OK but quite crowded. Cabin was verrry nice - and so it should be as that was the cruise where we scored a suite for about the same price as a balcony cabin. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Usually a Princess cruiser but have been on P&O and Carnival (out of Australia).

We would sail on Carnival again as we enjoyed the food in the dining room (very different selection to Princess which was good for a change) and the waiters were always great even at lunch and breakfast when they weren't your usual waiters.

Carnival may surprise you.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We did a cruise on Carnival Legend. It was OK. Very good food in the MDR. Decent food in the buffet at mealtimes but not a lot in between (we're spoilt with the Princess buffet open right through from early to late). Great piano bar. Shows had too many strobe lights for me but weren't too bad. The adults-only pool area was OK but quite crowded. Cabin was verrry nice - and so it should be as that was the cruise where we scored a suite for about the same price as a balcony cabin. 

8 minutes ago, sewgood said:

Usually a Princess cruiser but have been on P&O and Carnival (out of Australia).

We would sail on Carnival again as we enjoyed the food in the dining room (very different selection to Princess which was good for a change) and the waiters were always great even at lunch and breakfast when they weren't your usual waiters.

Carnival may surprise you.

I would go for a suite if it was affordable so ,I will do some research, does carnival have any decent suite perks?

What turned me off P&O,they only had the Byron bay pool which didn’t thrill me.

Edited by Chiliburn

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I would go for a suite if it was affordable so ,I will do some research, does carnival have any decent suite perks?

Ive done one cruise on Carnival and was not impressed.

I found the ships to be very dark and over the top.

My DD did a carnival cruise and was upgraded from a balcony to a corner suite ($50pp) no suite perks whatsoever.

6 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

The only suite perks were priority boarding, priority tendering, guaranteed MDR traditional dining selection if you wanted that, and a couple of large bottles of water.

The decor on Legend was hilarious, there were urns everywhere. And, yes, some of the lounges/bars were a bit gloomy. But Legend is a fairly old ship, I think. Splendor might be better.

We did a P and O cruise years ago.

as it was not out of OZ you did not need a passport so a few young people on it.

one young guy had spent all his money on booze by the end of the first day and was having to contact his mother for more.

I thought the entertainment was surprising good.

I think that was at least 6 years ago.

eileen

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I have a P&O suite booked for June, if it actually goes ahead I'll come back and give my opinion on the Byron Bay Club.

1 hour ago, gogo65 said:

Ive done one cruise on Carnival and was not impressed.

I found the ships to be very dark and over the top.

The decor is startling on the first couple of days then you get used to it and don't notice it.

I didn't let it impact on my enjoyment of the cruise. I just had photos taken of it to laugh about later.

The size of the rooms were an improvement over Princess and we had a couch in our balcony room.

The bed was comfortable but there was not much daytime entertainment compared to Princess. Considering the price we paid for our Carnival room we had no complaints, we had a fun cruise.

• Like 1

As the lyrics say 'beauty is in the eye of the beerholder' & this applies to ships as much as anything. We have cruised on RC, Carnival & Princess & our experience is that we agree with something written by someone much smarter than me that, when it comes to mainstream cruiselines, they are all more similar than they are different. Enjoyed them all.

4 hours ago, Cruisers47 said:

Hi

i received that message as well.

why can’t the government just make a decision.

they have left the Sydney and Brisbane cruises but not looking good.

eileen

I can't see my March cruise with P&O going ahead. Time to start thinking about Plan B.

1 minute ago, mr walker said:

As the lyrics say 'beauty is in the eye of the beerholder' & this applies to ships as much as anything. We have cruised on RC, Carnival & Princess & our experience is that we agree with something written by someone much smarter than me that, when it comes to mainstream cruiselines, they are all more similar than they are different. Enjoyed them all.

I agree although we haven't cruised with P&O Australia yet. We might be too old for them!🤣

They all have positives, and a few negatives. It's just a matter of find which one(s) give you the most enjoyment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The decor on Legend was hilarious, there were urns everywhere. And, yes, some of the lounges/bars were a bit gloomy. But Legend is a fairly old ship, I think. Splendor might be better.

I looked at Carnival Splendor awhile back because of the pricing but I couldn't get past the ugly decor. The 5 pages of negative reviews also didn't help. 

• Like 1