Pictures of anchored ships

rotjeknor

Does anybody have pictures or possibly a link to pictures of the anchored vessels off the coast of Great Harbor Cay, Bahamas.

Looking at the map on Marine Traffic it's a quit a collection. Nieuw Amsterdam, Statendam, Zuiderdam, Veendam , Volendam on the way and a bunch of those ugly RCL vessels all together.

I would love to see some pics !

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

It would be interesting to see pictures of these cruise ship archipelagos. Dh has been checking them out on marinetraffic. 

Cruise ship archipelagos, great expression.

I'd like to see pictures, too. I remember seeing the mothball fleet at Norfolk many years ago. Eerie to see a bunch of ships just sitting around doing nothing.

• Like 1

In the Ask A Cruise Question section on CC there is a post called "Where do they PARK all the ships".  It has some great photos of a number of ships anchored near Barbados.  Quite possibly out of date, but it gives a feeling for what it is like.

We are also looking at the port webcams on a regular basis, especially Miami.  Ships are continually changing places, from pier to anchored within sight.

8 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

In the Ask A Cruise Question section on CC there is a post called "Where do they PARK all the ships".  It has some great photos of a number of ships anchored near Barbados.  Quite possibly out of date, but it gives a feeling for what it is like.

We are also looking at the port webcams on a regular basis, especially Miami.  Ships are continually changing places, from pier to anchored within sight.

With all due respect, you weren’t the OP of that post in question section, but people who wonder where ships are “ parked “ ...... pfffff 😉

It reminds me of a story I heard about a new HAL director in the mid 70’s who previously worked in the car rental industry. First day at the office, then located at 2 Penn Plaza in NYC, he wanted to know where the keys of the  ships were kept.... luckily he didn’t last long !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just fyi..

I just saw this posted on Holland America's FB page with a video of tonight's whistle from NA. Pretty wonderful.  I hope they post one everyday from a different ship. I'll be watching.

Each night at 7:30 pm ET, all of the ships from all of the cruise lines anchored around Grand Bahama Island — including Nieuw Amsterdam, Nieuw Statendam, Veendam, Volendam and Zuiderdam — are sounding their horns at the same time in solidarity, letting the world know that we are strong, safe and healthy onboard, and we are thinking of everyone and hoping for the same for the global community. #HopeFloats #CruiseStrong

Edited by fatcat04
  • Like 7

51 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

Just fyi..

I just saw this posted on Holland America's FB page with a video of tonight's whistle from NA. Pretty wonderful.  I hope they post one everyday from a different ship. I'll be watching.

Each night at 7:30 pm ET, all of the ships from all of the cruise lines anchored around Grand Bahama Island — including Nieuw Amsterdam, Nieuw Statendam, Veendam, Volendam and Zuiderdam — are sounding their horns at the same time in solidarity, letting the world know that we are strong, safe and healthy onboard, and we are thinking of everyone and hoping for the same for the global community. #HopeFloats #CruiseStrong

I saw that also and it was powerful to hear the HAL horn and other ships in unison.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fatcat04 said:

Just fyi..

Thank you for posting this! It brought tears to my eyes.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, billbunger said:

??????????????????????

I'm a sucker for the sound of a ship's horn, and this bit of "I'm still here" shows that the captains care about their ships and crew and each other. 

I still have my mp3 file of QE2's horn on my computer. I play it once in a while for old time's sake. 

• Like 3

The current position of the Sky Princess (positioning with Regal, Crown, Emerald, and Symphony and Independence OTS) --  with an image of her from the other night.    Scott. 

image.thumb.png.7c5a7487474cb3efdba3aae0c96e9668.png

Edited by YXU AC*SE
  • Like 3

On 3/21/2020 at 3:15 AM, rotjeknor said:

Does anybody have pictures or possibly a link to pictures of the anchored vessels off the coast of Great Harbor Cay, Bahamas.

Looking at the map on Marine Traffic it's a quit a collection. Nieuw Amsterdam, Statendam, Zuiderdam, Veendam , Volendam on the way and a bunch of those ugly RCL vessels all together.

I would love to see some pics !

Here you go! Taken from Nieuw Amsterdam this morning and you're looking at Volendam in the first pic. As you can see, even though in a cluster, the other ships in that group in the Bahama anchorage are not that close

Het beste in Rotjeknor en blijf veilig en gezond! / All the best in Rotterdam (nickname) and stay safe and healthy! 

90557742_1604465186386102_4679722161571627008_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=4BFiRpQNF8IAX9EDC_o&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=95c86c2f60aaf5e6be3d5634fad48b15&oe=5E9F8D2B

90721926_672440066631571_1806301427509755904_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=nTNOoIZO4g4AX_JyBOz&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=03595c99a2bda4acf2dbc44f66b22c63&oe=5E9F66AD

90519123_2338284693138612_6100921303605182464_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=1G0557UDVrMAX8dK44i&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=ae957660e27fb42cb925b61d8641bebc&oe=5E9F763D

• Like 4

Thanks !! Still hoping , probably against better judgement, to be on the NA 17th of april.... I'll buy you a beer then 😉 

Bedankt en houdt de moed er in !  / Thanks and keep your spirit up !

Groeten uit Rotterdam / Greetings from Rotterdam

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2020 at 6:35 PM, fatcat04 said:

Just fyi..

😥 I am so sad about all that has transpired but sure sees hope at the end of this dark tunnel!

GOD-BLESS ALL THE CRUISE LINES AND ESPECIALLY HAL WITH SOLIDARITY !

A big shout out to them all!

Denise😊

• Like 4