P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

18 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

My niece has just called me her husband came home from work on Tuesday feeling ill, he had a covid test on Wednesday and had the result this morning telling him he is positive.  They now all have to isolate and she has got to speak to her consultant about what to do about her next chemo session which is 2 weeks today. Just when you think things can't get worse they do ☹️☹️

Oh Josy, I'm so sorry - what an awful worry on top of everything else your niece and her family are going through. 

Take care.

Edited by AnnieC

10 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I hope your arm gets better soon. It sounds like it might be the way the injection was administered rather than anything to do with what you were injected with but no doubt they will be keen to follow up. 

Talking to my sister who is a nurse last night she suspected that I have been given the vaccine because she says that a placebo does not usually cause any issues.  I told her that the first injection had no reaction and she said that is normal because your body starts to react after the first injection by very mildly and then when you have the second injection it really kicks in.  I will tell them about it when I go back in 2 weeks.

31 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

My niece has just called me her husband came home from work on Tuesday feeling ill, he had a covid test on Wednesday and had the result this morning telling him he is positive.  They now all have to isolate and she has got to speak to her consultant about what to do about her next chemo session which is 2 weeks today. Just when you think things can't get worse they do ☹️☹️

Sorry to hear this news.  Hope he gets well soon and that it doesn't affect your niece's treatment.

34 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Oh gosh Josy , I’m very sorry to hear that. Such bad timing. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that it all works out and your niece remains healthy and her chemo can go ahead.  Gill x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Oh no, that's bad news, really sorry to hear it.

Today it feels like Covid is swirling all around us

• Like 2

Until the last few days I didn't know anyone who had had covid but I now personally know several in addition to the ones that I "know" from this site.  I just hope that this trend slows down and we start to turn the corner as a result of the current lockdown.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Until the last few days I didn't know anyone who had had covid but I now personally know several in addition to the ones that I "know" from this site.  I just hope that this trend slows down and we start to turn the corner as a result of the current lockdown.

The folks I “know” on here are really the only people I am aware of with COVID. I see the horrible numbers in the news every day and it feels like it is coming from a different planet.

Roll on the vaccine to help save lives.

Stay well all.

• Like 1

On a brighter note, we were reminiscing last night because it will be our 40th anniversary on Sunday and we were looking at the photographs from the little proofs album. The weather's was dreadful (why did we choose November?).  On the bright side we have a unique set of photos because Father Prentice told the photographer to take as many photos inside as he wanted to even though he normally only allowed the register signing photos inside.  One of the attached photos has caused many questions over the years about what one if us had said to make Father Prentice to laugh during the service

IMG_20201113_085336.jpg

IMG_20201113_085447.jpg

• Like 9

Josy what lovely wedding photos thank you for sharing them and a big Happy 40th Ruby wedding Anniversary hope you have a lovely day 

I hope you’re niece doesn’t catch COVID from her husband and she can resume her treatment asp and her husband recovers quickly and your arm is a lot better and that you don’t have to have a sore arm every time you get that injection, we all really appreciate what you are doing for others .

47 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Josy what lovely wedding photos thank you for sharing them and a big Happy 40th Ruby wedding Anniversary hope you have a lovely day 

I hope you’re niece doesn’t catch COVID from her husband and she can resume her treatment asp and her husband recovers quickly and your arm is a lot better and that you don’t have to have a sore arm every time you get that injection, we all really appreciate what you are doing for others .

Thank you, I know that I should be safe from side arms for a while because I only have follow up appointments in the future, no injections.  I think a sore arm is actually pretty minor, I saw an American man being interviewed by the BBC early in the week and he had been one of the Pfizer vaccine guinea pigs and he likened the side effects as being kicked by a horse and feeling ill for several days. I don't know for certain whether I had the actual vaccination and got a reaction or as Pete said if it was the placebo and the sore arm came from the method of administration.

If/when they roll out a vaccination I will definitely be taking it up regardless of side effects because I don't want to live my life worrying about catching this awful disease.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Oh Josy, what awful news. Your niece may still be able to  keep to her appointment as isolation is two weeks as well, or they could move it forward a few days. I hope that no-one else  in the home contracts it and your niece's husband only has the mild form and recovers quickly. 

Avril

29 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Oh Josy, what awful news. Your niece may still be able to  keep to her appointment as isolation is two weeks as well, or they could move it forward a few days. I hope that no-one else  in the home contracts it and your niece's husband only has the mild form and recovers quickly. 

Avril

We are keeping our fingers crossed, her husband had the symptoms on Tuesday so if they count the 14 days isolation from when he first had symptoms then she shou!d be ok, she has been isolating every since she was diagnosed.

How is your daughter Avril ?

Beware all you lovely people - there are some very convincing Royal Mail scam emails doing the rounds; the one I've seen says that they were unable to deliver a parcel due to insufficient postage and asking you to pay the balance of postage via a link. An  intelligent and cautious friend has just fallen for it, as has someone on our village fb page. 

23 hours ago, kalos said:

What is up with some people ?

This evening just before dusk, I noticed a middle  aged man walking down our street on 

the opposite side to my house, nothing new there .

What he did next made me think "what planet is he on ?"

Smack bang outside a pensioners gate he suddenly stopped dead in his tracks , bending 

his body back ,then coming forwards as if he was headbutting an invisible opponent.

At this point letting go a very loud and powerful sneeze.Then carried on his merry way again .

No attempt to catch it in his arm or use a tissue if he had one.

I thank the government for the public TV adverts ,Hands,face and space  but maybe now 

would be a good time to bring back some of the old adverts I grew up with .

It seems some people have learnt nothing when it comes to germs and covid :classic_sad:

Thing is he is not on his own .

download.jpg.d66cf61b124432de802cc3acb8558867.jpg

I can top that, one of the cooks signed in for her shift at my son's school on Tuesday using an electronic screen which required you to confirm that you have no COVID 19 symptons. She then went in the kitchen, started coughing and cried. She said that she was having trouble breathing but it would be okay as she had already booked a coronavirus test for the following day.

The staff screamed at her to get out and alerted the office staff who then made her leave the premises immediately though of course it was too late. On Wednesday the test came through as positive and all the school kitchen staff were told to remain home and isolate. 

The school managed to get temporary staff in but can't next week until Wednesday so it's packed lunches all round.

As you said, what is wrong with some people?

Edited by DamianG

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Tested positive for covid19.

Got result around 7 am this morning.

Graham

Blimey, I've not been in here for a few days and am so sorry to hear this (and also for other poster's relatives mentioned).

Fingers crossed for your speedy recovery Graham.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Beware all you lovely people - there are some very convincing Royal Mail scam emails doing the rounds; the one I've seen says that they were unable to deliver a parcel due to insufficient postage and asking you to pay the balance of postage via a link. An  intelligent and cautious friend has just fallen for it, as has someone on our village fb page. 

I got a new one today. My Netflix subscription has been blocked. That would worry me a bit, if I had a Netflix subscription.🤔

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Tested positive for covid19.

Got result around 7 am this morning.

Graham

I’m just catching up with previous posts and am so sorry to hear the news Graham. I echo what other posters have said and hope that you have a speedy recovery and best wishes to Pauline too.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Is it my laptop? Where did the icons in the bottom right corner go? I can't react to anybdy now.

I tried signing out and back in again, still nothing🤔

Avril

I'm the same.Glad its not just me and hopefully be sorted soon!

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Is it my laptop? Where did the icons in the bottom right corner go? I can't react to anybdy now.

I tried signing out and back in again, still nothing🤔

Avril

Not your laptop, Avril. Icons vanished here too.